My dream setup. How?!

Ariona

So I was just browsing for a new wallpaper and found this. 

b66.jpg

So how could I best Mimic this setup? I love it, the cup holder and joy sticks tot he VR headset. It's perfect. 

I would love to at least know what to buy to mimic this as best as possible.

The robot figure could be a Cheero power bank or figure :D

No img attached. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

No img attached. :D

Huh? uhh I linked the image with url. 

Well the headphones are AKG K121. The Joysticks are Saitek X52 Pro. As far as the screens go, youd just have to buy one of those vesa mounts...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

You would have to buy all the parts and assemble it yourself, but pretty much everything you see in the picture is currently available for purchase. It's a very basic wooden desk with a dual monitor stand in the center and two pivoting stands on the outside. Throw in a couple joysticks and a cup holder and you're all done.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

A HOTAS of some kind, and wait for the release version of Oculus Rift for the VR. 4 27inchers, dand a very powerfull computer... Were walking of USD2k+ here, Id power that up wth i7 4970K and 2 980Tis at least :D

The keybooard seems a corsair k-something and the mouse a logitech g502...

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

ninjad :ph34r:

Well the headphones are AKG K121. The Joysticks are Saitek X52 Pro. As far as the screens go, youd just have to buy one of those vesa mounts...

62196_l.jpg

31F8KZNSCGL._SY300_.jpg

Heh, she's playing Star Citizen. I know one of our SC guys plays with dual joysticks, was it @Corwin111?

As for the setup, I see that the DAC/AMP combo is a FIIO model, seems like an E9k with an E17 docked into it   :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

This is actually surprisingly similar to my setup. Don't have a full HOTAS, but do have the flight stick, the monitors (minus 1, it broke) keyboard and general stuff on the desk. 

A HOTAS of some kind, and wait for the release version of Oculus Rift for the VR. 4 27inchers, dand a very powerfull computer... Were walking of USD2k+ here, Id power that up wth i7 4970K and 2 980Tis at least :D

The keybooard seems a corsair k-something and the mouse a logitech g502...

She isn't gaming on 4-way or 3-way =) It's clearly a productivity setup, Star citizin in the middle while shes checking maybe Twitch chat on the right? with more chat or something to the left, and probably Star citizen updates / info on the top.  I would love to get an upgrade to a 980Ti though. 

SNIP

Thats a cool set up, I love that its basically all real products :D you could easily replicate this

You need £££ though

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

She isn't gaming on 4-way or 3-way =) It's clearly a productivity setup, Star citizin in the middle while shes checking maybe Twitch chat on the right? with more chat or something to the left, and probably Star citizen updates / info on the top.  I would love to get an upgrade to a 980Ti though. 

I am so against this. Ive you've got 3 way, game 3 way, and the one on top for productivity! (still 980TI minumum, the oculus need 980 at least)

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Also a note: this way of playing Star Citizen is currently virtually impossible. With my dual screen setup, the second screen becomes black and when it works, the performance of the games takes a nosedive.

Either the PC used is godlike, or the artist has used some 'artistic freedom' when making this piece ;)

I am so against this. Ive you've got 3 way, game 3 way, and the one on top for productivity! (still 980TI minumum, the oculus need 980 at least)

Oh I'm not saying it's what I would do. It's just what it looks like in the picture. 

I honestly would game with 1 screen always, and no higher than 1080p unless I was going over 27" in screen size. I like 21-24 in size. 

I want 3-way for a game called FF14, I want my info and utility to the side (right) and my chats Separate all on the left screen so I can see battle log, guild log, FC, Raid, etc, all at the same time while keeping my HUD as minimalistic as possible. 

Also a note: this way of playing Star Citizen is currently virtually impossible. With my dual screen setup, the second screen becomes black and when it works, the performance of the games takes a nosedive.

Either the PC used is godlike, or the artist has used some 'artistic freedom' when making this piece ;)

I haven't played SC can't afford it. but I bet there's a tool that could monitor in game information or some sort of log that could be on the top. Right? 

Oh I'm not saying it's what I would do. It's just what it looks like in the picture. 

I honestly would game with 1 screen always, and no higher than 1080p unless I was going over 27" in screen size. I like 21-24 in size. 

I want 3-way for a game called FF14, I want my info and utility to the side (right) and my chats Separate all on the left screen so I can see battle log, guild log, FC, Raid, etc, all at the same time while keeping my HUD as minimalistic as possible. 

Final Fantasy 14, not played it but of course ive heard about it :P.

Don't you like 1440p gaming? I was thinking on upgrading to it myself. And those screen are at least 24inch. Also, monitors are the most "futureproof" thing you can get, I mean, mines are 5-6 year old TV screens and they do the job (not a great image quality, but 1080p and low input lag mode). So going 3 way 1440p is not "crazy" if you have the money and get some decent screens, they will last you many years. 

Also, don't get me wrong, i'm just making suppositions, I did realize about her playing on 1 screen, but if we are building a dream build, lets do it correctly! :D

Edit: Also, i got SC for 30€ (AMD never settle bundle and a ship upgrade). So its viable. (Also, it will be free to play, so don't worry bout its cost atm).

Get alot of money thats the 1st step. decent multiple monitor stands alone few a few hundred.

then add your monitor costs..looking at a min of $100 a monitor VR headset ...lets go off the rifts DK price and say $300 flight stick you are looking at $200 for an x55 to 500+ if you want an A10 HOTAS

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Edit: Also, i got SC for 30€ (AMD never settle bundle and a ship upgrade). So its viable. (Also, it will be free to play, so don't worry bout its cost atm).

Eh, Star Citizen will not be free to play. Cheapest option right now is the $45 starterpack.

Just pointing it out, I won't go Off Topic here :)

Final Fantasy 14, not played it but of course ive heard about it :P.

Don't you like 1440p gaming? I was thinking on upgrading to it myself. And those screen are at least 24inch. Also, monitors are the most "futureproof" thing you can get, I mean, mines are 5-6 year old TV screens and they do the job (not a great image quality, but 1080p and low input lag mode). So going 3 way 1440p is not "crazy" if you have the money and get some decent screens, they will last you many years. 

Also, don't get me wrong, i'm just making suppositions, I did realize about her playing on 1 screen, but if we are building a dream build, lets do it correctly! :D

Yeah well to me I play at my desk so my monitors are about 1-2ft away at max, At 2-1-24 and even 27" 1080p is fine. BUT I can only see going with a higher pixel density if you go beyond 27" so I think 32" is the sweet spot for 1440p 28-34" and I believe 4K should be exclusive for Productivity  for now, In 2-3 years maybe it'll be cheap enough to be viable. But honestly I would pick a nice 26" OLED 1080p over any 4K screen. 

I'm pretty sure I've seen similar screen arrangement in Show off thread. Weirdly enough, it seems like the side screens are held by single mounts instead of using triple mount. The top one is most likely also single mount and middle one is just using default stand. Looks like Asus gaming monitor btw.

The cup holder is rather interesting. You could get one made for car and mod either it or table. Like this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tera-Universal-Vehicle-Multifunction-Adjustable/dp/B00MGEDGUY/ref=pd_sim_263_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0RPWNYQADYJJ0B3PPAXW&tag=linustechtips-21

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Eh, Star Citizen will not be free to play. Cheapest option right now is the $45 starterpack.

Just pointing it out, I won't go Off Topic here :)

Oh true, thats been updated since I checked it out, last time I looked it was said to be f2p. Not any more though.

About the price, I did get a AMD never settle bundle code from a friend for 25€ and then spent 5€ more getting a ship upgrade, so yeah, at least ive got that for me :P.

Still can't find the desk 

Here's a similar one.

Winsted_E4687_E4687_94_Wide_Digital_1521

OR get a IKEA desk (something like this) and install a riser (something like this)

bekant-desk-sit-stand-black__0252680_PE3

61Bpf9iOilL._SL1000_.jpg

Here's a DIY riser that looks more like the one in the picture.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube