Does hairworks make or break witcher 3 for you?

Luxpin_

I cant play witcher 3 without hairworks on , I just need the game to run the best possible is that just me ? lol.

Most of my posts are very controversial, please try not to get butthurt.

RPG game where I can't make a character. That's what broke it for me. So the hair works isn't relevant to me really.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

RPG game where I can't make a character. That's what broke it for me. So the hair works isn't relevant to me really.

Very true also , but the game is great so something like that I can live with.

Well this is about Geralt and it is based on the books so if you could play as a girl with pink hairs it wouldn't make any sense story wise because everyone would still call you White Wolf.

nvidia is pushing technologies which dont work on our computers properly yet (just like in ac:unity) they should start optimizing games for performance and not gimmicky hair waves

nvidia is pushing technologies which dont work on our computers properly yet (just like in ac:unity) they should start optimizing games for performance and not gimmicky hair waves

Well they do work on PC's properly you just need a very strong GPU 

Very true also , but the game is great so something like that I can live with.

I also haven't really played any of the other witches games and don't really plan on doing so. I have a feeling I'll hate geralt, and I can't play games with characters I hate. Which is why I killed off Ashley Williams in mass effect 1.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Role Play 

You play as a role

that role is Geralt

:P

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Role Play 

You play as a role

that role is Geralt

:P

See above post.

I cant play witcher 3 without hairworks on , I just need the game to run the best possible is that just me ? lol.

Nope just you, I much prefer 60 FPS and not to bad hair over 45 FPS and amazing hair

It's a big brake, because people with expensive high end graphic cards can't enjoy the game/Isn't getting as much fps as they should be getting unless they have a 900 series gtx card and that really ticks me off that Nvidia won't even let AMD use the source code to let them optimize their GPUs to actually get this really cool and awesome feature. Also Nvidia screwed over 700 series down too. I have a R9 295x2 and can't fully enjoy a game that I payed full price for just like a regular 900 series user. Also when AMD came out with tess effects they allowed Nvidia to work with AMD to let this cool feature run equally as well on Nvidia cards as AMD cards, then when Nvidia pumps out something cool and AMD asks to optimize it they are like hehe...no. 

PC is alive again! :System: CPU:Intel i5 4960k/ Motherboard:ASUS Gryphon Z97/ RAM: Kingston 16GB/ GPU: ASUS R9 Fury X/ Storage: 120gb Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate SSHD/ PSU: Cooler Master 700w/ Displays: 1 Acer B276HK ymjdprz 27-inch 4K Ultra HD/1 ASUS 21.5 LCD LED 21.5 monitor

It's a big brake, because people with expensive high end graphic cards can't enjoy the game/Isn't getting as much fps as they should be getting unless they have a 900 series gtx card and that really ticks me off that Nvidia won't even let AMD use the source code to let them optimize their GPUs to actually get this really cool and awesome feature. Also Nvidia screwed over 700 series down too. I have a R9 295x2 and can't fully enjoy a game that I payed full price for just like a regular 900 series user. Also when AMD came out with tess effects they allowed Nvidia to work with AMD to let this cool feature run equally as well on Nvidia cards as AMD cards, then when Nvidia pumps out something cool and AMD asks to optimize it they are like hehe...no. 

You dont have a high end nvidia graphics card if its not a 900 series , even a 780ti is getting bad because of the VRAM , I will admit that nvidia screwed AMD but hey , shit happens.

Nope just you, I much prefer 60 FPS and not to bad hair over 45 FPS and amazing hair

You can play witcher 3 at 60fps with amazing hair lol, just have a good graphics card

You can play witcher 3 at 60fps with amazing hair lol, just have a good graphics card

That's kind of the point; I dont.

You dont have a high end nvidia graphics card if its not a 900 series , even a 780ti is getting bad because of the VRAM , I will admit that nvidia screwed AMD but hey , shit happens.

I agree but a 780 TI can hold it's ground still in 1080p and out preforms the 970. Also yea unfortunately shit happens : (

Also I said 900 series because they are the only series, and the Titan x that preform as they should in that game

PC is alive again! :System: CPU:Intel i5 4960k/ Motherboard:ASUS Gryphon Z97/ RAM: Kingston 16GB/ GPU: ASUS R9 Fury X/ Storage: 120gb Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate SSHD/ PSU: Cooler Master 700w/ Displays: 1 Acer B276HK ymjdprz 27-inch 4K Ultra HD/1 ASUS 21.5 LCD LED 21.5 monitor

I could care less about HairWorks, just like I didn't care about Ubersampling in The Witcher 2. The game still makes me reflect on every open-world RPG I've ever played and wonder what I was doing with my time.

I could care less about HairWorks, just like I didn't care about Ubersampling in The Witcher 2. The game still makes me reflect on every open-world RPG I've ever played and wonder what I was doing with my time.

This x1000

-------

Current Rig

-------

You don't even try the game and you assume you'll hate Geralt?

Yep

I turn it on. I dont really care about the fps drop since I get 80+ fps.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

You don't even try the game and you assume you'll hate Geralt?

Someone who isn't interested in playing the game isn't going to "try it" for $59.99.

Personally I can understand the concerns, I usually prefer making my own character. But the way the Witcher series tells it's story, it really doesn't have any choice but to commit to a named protagonist. And it works, very, very well. Geralt is well-written and generally well-acted. The fact that you're playing a character with a name and a history means his interactions mean a lot more. The story that results is good and far more interesting than what could be done with something like Skyrim, which had to be written for a John Doe protagonist.

I've actually grown to love hairworks.  Obviously, if I couldn't run the game with it, It wouldn't "break" the experience for me but it's one of those tiny little details that makes the game seem more expressive.

Someone who isn't interested in playing the game isn't going to "try it" for $59.99.

Personally I can understand the concerns, I usually prefer making my own character. But the way the Witcher series tells it's story, it really doesn't have any choice but to commit to a named protagonist. And it works, very, very well. Geralt is well-written and generally well-acted. The fact that you're playing a character with a name and a history means his interactions mean a lot more. The story that results is good and far more interesting than what could be done with something like Skyrim, which had to be written for a John Doe protagonist.

I personally think it's refreshing to have such a character-oriented RPG and CDPR deserve a lot of credit for making a story with as much depth as the Witcher 3 has.  My problem with games like Mass Effect is that the choices you're given to make are very shallow and pretty much only serve to make Shepherd either a saint or a douche-bag.  They actual choices reflect very little on the character's past and as a result, there's next to no meaningful character development.  The Witcher 3 on the other hand, ties almost everything to Geralt's personality in a way that's far better at conveying dynamic emotions and attitudes.  With Mass Effect, Commander Shepherd is supposed to be 'you' but really fails at representing who you are whereas in The Witcher 3, you are supposed to be Geralt and it works in a way that very engaging for roleplaying as a specific person who is wildly different for who you actually are.

And don't even get me started on how mechanical and life-less Bethesda games are...

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

I turn it on. I dont really care about the fps drop since I get 80+ fps.

you get 80+ fps with a 970? what resolution do you play on ? what settings ? ultra? I doubt it .

I like it.

Sometimes I play on the high quality, and turn it on. And sometimes I play on Ultra and turn it off. I can't decide.

you get 80+ fps with a 970? what resolution do you play on ? what settings ? ultra? I doubt it .

I play on 1080p res with shadows and foilage down to high. Just to inform you tho, I get 80+ fps W/O gameworks and if i have gameworks, I get 60-65 fps.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack