Buying a New Headset.

NoahWelborn

So I am looking to buy a new headset, as of right now I have a Razer Kraken 7.l but I'm getting the same problem I always do, the wire. In particular the problem with this wire is it has been twirling up, this has been causing tears in the wire, This along with wire pulling has led me to look into a wireless solution. The only problem is I only have a 100 dollar budget and I don't know which headset to get, so far i have been recommended the Logitech G930 and the Corsair Vengeance 2100. They both look good and in the reviews I saw Linus do he said they sound fine, but I'm not to impressed by the mic quality. Some tips for headsets would be a great help Thanks.

Well, I could recommend the Hyper X. But yeah, wait for the others to place in their recommendation.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

Same thing happened to my Razer Kraken Pros xD The shitty wire just sliced itself open and caused the whole right side to stop working. After trying to fix it with my wiring skills ( This means black tape and putting all the wires together in 3 places) It stopped working. I got the HyperX Cloud 1's off amazon for $70. The Cloud 2's just come with Surround sound 7.1 which is useless and a worse mic. It's not worth the extra $20+ in my opinion.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Get beats /s

I got some Vengence 2100s they're pretty solid, would have liked a better head band.

You can't go wrong with the X12's from turtle beach.  They're not the best headsets in the world but they win the "Bang for your Buck" award every time.  

You can't go wrong with the X12's from turtle beach.  They're not the best headsets in the world but they win the "Bang for your Buck" award every time.  

Quite the opposite, a $10 crappy headset has better sound quality then that rubbish..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Quite the opposite, a $10 crappy headset has better sound quality then that rubbish..

I do have to compliment turtle beach on their comfort and customer suport.

A while ago, when i had a PS3, i got a used semi broken ps11 on ebay for 10$, about 3 months later it broke, i made a case, and turtle beach gave me a brand new ps11 completly free.

Also, verry comfortable.

Sound quality, IDK, back then i was not into that stuff, and i sold it, but I assume not the best.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Gamescom 780. 

I currently have it and it's really cheap (50-60bucks), perfect sound & good/decent mic.

I heard the HyperX clouds also are good headsets, but i'm scared they don't sound the same as my 780's, I consider the sound perfect.

So I am looking to buy a new headset

Willing to buy used? Also does it have to be 7.1? Whats the primary usage area of the headsett, music, movies or games? Also not sure if you needed a mic or not. 

For general gaming and with a pretty solid mic: Logitech G430 (7.1)

Unsure about US prices, but it shouldn't be over 100$ also it works on PS4, if you have that. 

The HyperX Cloud series seem to be upvoted here, so if your not interrested in G430  then consider The HyperX Cloud 2.

If you find by some miracle of chance a G4ME One series headset from Sennheiser go for it. Great for Games, and also strong at music and movies. 

When it comes to tangeling wires I can't help, have the sameproblem. 

From 2001-2014 I had 156Kb/s Down and 0,02 Kb/s up. Now I have 35/35 Mb/s, it has truly changed my life.