Any LOL players on the forums?

emusinse

I'm wondering if there are any League of Legends players here on the forums and if any would be interested in playing with me.  I'm reasonably new to it (lvl 24) so I'm not the best player.  I'm on the oceanic server, since I'm in Australia, so you must be too. Please message me if your interested in playing sometime.

Even considering how friendly the people on this forum might be, League of Legends may ruin our behaviors.

Oh, and in several occasions as well: Skype Chat. :P

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Why does everyone hate LOL? My experience of it so far has been quite pleasing. Of course you get the occasional troll, but doesn't that happen in all games?  I'm not into fan boyism and not defensive of LOL, so if anyone can tell me the reasons that LOL is bad i will listen.

I wouldn't touch that game with a barge pole. Sorry man.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Can you explain what is wrong with it?

Why does everyone hate LOL? My experience of it so far has been quite pleasing. Of course you get the occasional troll, but doesn't that happen in all games?  I'm not into fan boyism and not defensive of LOL, so if anyone can tell me the reasons that LOL is bad i will listen.

Dota > LoL

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

But why? simply saying something is better than something is proving anything.  I'm willing to listen if someone provides a valid explanation. 

But why? simply saying something is better than something is proving anything.  I'm willing to listen if someone provides a valid explanation. 

Google it. Dota is better than LOL If you don't have the 10 minutes of time it would take you to research why on the internet, then LOL is probably the game for you.

I quit playing LoL three or 4 years ago, only recently have I started playing again, although I haven't played in a couple weeks. I originally stopped playing because I was so terrible it wasn't any fun, oddly enough it seem like I'm a lot better at it now. 

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

People like to hate whatever is popular, LoL is a good game (in regards to why DotA > LoL). Personally I prefer DotA more (not an objective fact like some of the people are acting like in here, just my opinion) because I like the way it plays better (death is a bigger deal, mana management more important, cs denying, longer stuns so you need to think more to not get into bad situations).

On topic, I have played a whole lot of LoL since release and still play it occasionally, but mostly just arams with my wife. Unfortunately I play exclusively on NA server because I can't stand high latency.

I play LoL!!!! Been playing for over a year now. I'm only Plat 3 but I'm almost to Diamond!!! :DDD

Extremely casually. Still not even level 30 yet. I've played it and Dota a bit and prefer League of Legends. But this is probably because I do not enjoy MOBAs that much. I play a few games of League when I want to take a break from laddering in StarCraft, or if I'm going to watch a few episodes of a TV show (Lately it's been King of the Hill), I'll play League in the background. 

I started playing a couple days back :p

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

laugh out loud players? what..

League of Legend players...

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

The game will bring out the hate in everyone...

ok here's the reason why LoL is hated:
-it's unbalanced because of the runes you buy to get an advantage in game, even though it's just a small fraction, the advantage is still there and will still provide undesirable advantages over enemies.
-you have to buy your heroes or champions

-the community is terrible.

ok here's the reason why LoL is hated:

-it's unbalanced because of the runes you buy to get an advantage in game, even though it's just a small fraction, the advantage is still there and will still provide undesirable advantages over enemies.

-you have to buy your heroes or champions

-the community is terrible.

I don't think having to buy champions is a bad thing, because you don't need to have them all. I personally up until the 30th level only had a few champs that I played with and I didn't even care about others.

Runes, in my opinion, aren't that big of a deal at all ether since most of people use similar ones.

But for the community I totally agree. It just sucks. Especially when you finally get to play in ranked games and expect people to be more professional-like and not trolling, but that's far from reality... Lots of people troll there. Silver and Bronze tears the most obviously. I haven't been able to get out of Silver tear for 2 months, because around 60-70% of all the games played there were players who trolled. And after many matches like that I just got frustrated that most of the games are influenced not by how you play, but by the amount of trolls in the game. And that's why I decided to quit LoL.

I do play League of Legends some times I managed to get Gold V but I don't really like the community the flame is everywhere, people have to calm their horses :p

I don't think having to buy champions is a bad thing, because you don't need to have them all. I personally up until the 30th level only had a few champs that I played with and I didn't even care about others.

Runes, in my opinion, aren't that big of a deal at all ether since most of people use similar ones.

But for the community I totally agree. It just sucks. Especially when you finally get to play in ranked games and expect people to be more professional-like and not trolling, but that's far from reality... Lots of people troll there. Silver and Bronze tears the most obviously. I haven't been able to get out of Silver tear for 2 months, because around 60-70% of all the games played there were players who trolled. And after many matches like that I just got frustrated that most of the games are influenced not by how you play, but by the amount of trolls in the game. And that's why I decided to quit LoL.

What if some one picks a champion that just got out and you can not counter him because you didn't buy the hero you needed..... that is pay 2 win.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

What if some one picks a champion that just got out and you can not counter him because you didn't buy the hero you needed..... that is pay 2 win.

I guess the idea is that whatever you can purchase using irl money that will give you the edge in a game can be paid for with the ingame currency. If a person has a to grind or whatever to gain that ingame currency is their issue and thus kind of derives from making it pay to win.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I guess the idea is that whatever you can purchase using irl money that will give you the edge in a game can be paid for with the ingame currency. If a person has a to grind or whatever to gain that ingame currency is their issue and thus kind of derives from making it pay to win.

And when there are 100s of heroes?

And when there are 100s of heroes?

Well in more competitive play, only a pool of like 30 of those heroes max are really used.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Well in more competitive play, only a pool of like 30 of those heroes max are really used.

But still in Dota you get everything at the start and you aren't handicapped.