Looking For Good 2.1 Speakers

TechLabs

Hey Guys,

I am looking for the good 2.1 speaker, price isn't a issue. I mostly play video games and listen to music. (Prefered speakers with good base). 

My computer audio goes through a preamp so having a rca cable connector would be great. (Xenyx 802).

Any Recommendation?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836852001

Pretty sure these are alright and have pretty nice bass :P (They better with the size of that sub)

And you can get RCA to 3.5mm jack converters for pretty cheap, I've got two different ones and they worked perfect.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

How about the Logitech z623 are they any good?

How about the Logitech z623 are they any good?

Depends, what is your budget?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

and seriously, give us a budget. We can suggest 10,000 2.1 setups, which are most likely far outside of your budget. So please, give us a budget.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Following the echo chamber, give us a budget to work with or I'm just going to recommend $4000 dyna audio bookshelf with $5000 tube amp

Following the echo chamber, give us a budget to work with or I'm just going to recommend $4000 dyna audio bookshelf with $5000 tube amp

but what about the kef ls50? They are so pretty.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

and seriously, give us a budget. We can suggest 10,000 2.1 setups, which are most likely far outside of your budget. So please, give us a budget.

$100 to $400 CAD 

Sure I might buy that if I give up an arm and a leg.

good bookshelf speakers + a good subwoofer will beat any pre-packaged 2.1 "system"

Not really IMO. With a subwoofer the bookshelves don't have to play bass.

They'll be severely oversized for what they do because of the overlapping frequency ranges.

Also matching rolloff slopes, gain, freq ranges, etc between the LPF (sub) and HPF (bookshelve) can be a pain. 

With a sub you can use small fullrangers (good dispersion, high efficiency, small enclosure) for the mid and highs. 

On the other hand; a multi-sub setup will definitely beat any 2.1 system, and I'm not talking about loudness. 

Not really IMO. With a subwoofer the bookshelves don't have to play bass.

They'll be severely oversized for what they do because of the overlapping frequency ranges.

Also matching rolloff slopes, gain, freq ranges, etc between the LPF (sub) and HPF (bookshelve) can be a pain. 

With a sub you can use small fullrangers (good dispersion, high efficiency, small enclosure) for the mid and highs. 

On the other hand; a multi-sub setup will definitely beat any 2.1 system, and I'm not talking about loudness. 

I agree with you, but this is for my room.

Meaning you don't have space for a multisub setup?

meaning it's his room, which is likely not treated, and therefore incredibly unlikely to see any tangible benefit from a multisub setup.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Meaning you don't have space for a multisub setup?

Yeah, the queen size bed takes alot of room. I used to have a 5.1 sound system; it wasn't that great. Sound Wise

Uh thats the whole point of a multisub setup: reducing room influences.

Uh thats the whole point of a multisub setup: reducing room influences.

How would a multisub setup works? Do you have any examples?

https://mehlau.net/audio/multisub_geddes/

Search for 'multi subwoofer' on google for more information

The idea is that when you place one subwoofer in a room you get a pattern of reflections that causes dips and peaks in the response depending on where you stand in the room.

With multiple subs the patterns will cancel each other out and you won't have the big dips, peaks and associated dead and hot spots.