Hyper 212 Evo vs Stock Intel Cooler?

Go to solution Solved by Doughnutnator,

I have a 4570 (similar to your 4590). Just upgraded from stock cooler to a 212 EVO.

The cooler is worth every penny, first of all, just for the noise. It's whisper quiet.

I don't know what improvement you wil see, but in AIDA 64 stress test my CPU went to temps like 75°C, and it didn't stopped there, very close to 80°C.

With the EVO, the CPU never goes above 55°C. That's like a 15-20°C improvement.

It's whisper quiet, easy to install and really worth it.

I have a Intel Core i5 4590 with the stock intel cooler on it. Currently, the stock cooler is very loud and annoying, but it is able to keep my CPU at 40c on idle. If I buy I hyper 212 evo will the noise level go down a lot or will it be the same with lower temps. As long as idle temps are 45c and under I don't care, but I just want a quieter CPU cooler for $25. Will the 212 evo be much quieter?

The Hyper 212 Evo is a considerably better cooler than the stock Intel cooler.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I have the same problem with my amd stock cooler! i am curious as i don't have a hyper 212 Evo but am considering buying it myself.

yea evo and turn down the fan RPM. same temps, no sound at all.

I have the same problem with my amd stock cooler! i am curious as i don't have a hyper 212 Evo but am considering buying it myself.

I have a Intel Core i5 4590 with the stock intel cooler on it. Currently, the stock cooler is very loud and annoying, but it is able to keep my CPU at 40c on idle. If I buy I hyper 212 evo will the noise level go down a lot or will it be the same with lower temps. As long as idle temps are 45c and under I don't care, but I just want a quieter CPU cooler for $25. Will the 212 evo be much quieter?

It will be light years better :)

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

You'll most likely idle at 30-33 Celsius depending on where you're at. But the noise will be way lower with a bigger and better fan

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I have a 4570 (similar to your 4590). Just upgraded from stock cooler to a 212 EVO.

The cooler is worth every penny, first of all, just for the noise. It's whisper quiet.

I don't know what improvement you wil see, but in AIDA 64 stress test my CPU went to temps like 75°C, and it didn't stopped there, very close to 80°C.

With the EVO, the CPU never goes above 55°C. That's like a 15-20°C improvement.

It's whisper quiet, easy to install and really worth it.

The 212 EVO will enable you to run the fan at a much lower RPM while maintaining the same temperature, yes.