Want to get FiiO E10k, but already have the Astro Mixamp..

I have been wanting to get the FiiO E10k for a while, as it doubles as an Amp and a DAC. However, I already have the Astro Mixamp (which is only an AMP, not a DAC). Would It make a big enough difference to upgrade, or should I just spend it on something else?

Thanks,

Derple

If you hear static from your current dac/onboard while not listening to anything then upgrade. Otherwise its not worth it 95% of the time.

If you hear static from your current dac/onboard while not listening to anything then upgrade. Otherwise its not worth it 95% of the time.

Yeah, when not listening to music, and the volume is maxed, it hear static noise, but I don't notice it while listening to music. Then again, it would be hard to hear it, and the only way to tell is if you listen with and without the static.

Yeah, when not listening to music, and the volume is maxed, it hear static noise, but I don't notice it while listening to music. Then again, it would be hard to hear it, and the only way to tell is if you listen with and without the static

The question is are you willing to pay to get rid of that static? You won't notice a difference between the audio quality on your motherboard over that. (this is assuming the mixamp isn't a DAC which I dont know anything about)

The question is are you willing to pay to get rid of that static? You won't notice a difference between the audio quality on your motherboard over that. (this is assuming the mixamp isn't a DAC which I dont know anything about)

I haven't seen anything about it being a DAC, after looking at multiple places. The Mixamp sounds much better than the motherboard itself as well. ATM, its either the samsung 850 Evo 250GB for Arch Linux, or the FiiO E10k.

Yeah, when not listening to music, and the volume is maxed, 

Do you listen to music with the mixamp maxed? If not then try that test again at the levels you listen to. With a lot of my devices if I turn the volume to max I can hear noise but I dont use those at max when listening to music or videos. That would blow out my ears. 

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Do you listen to music with the mixamp maxed? If not then try that test again at the levels you listen to. With a lot of my devices if I turn the volume to max I can hear noise but I dont use those at max when listening to music or videos. That would blow out my ears. 

Well, I usually max it out because it gives more bass, but it doesn't output so loud that it would give me ear drum damage. Right now, I have my mixamp maxed with nothing playing and you can for sure hear it, but it would be extremely hard to figure out what It would be like without it, unless I have a DAC..

Here's a logic: if there's nothing wrong with the existing system, then you don't need E10k (or anything else for that matter).

If you're wanting to get it for other reasons, for example, curiosity, then regardless if you already have the mixamp or not, that curiosity will still exist. It's your choice to go with the urge or not. 

I bet the static is from your mic. My old usb headset had this. 

that doesn't make sense though, how would static transfer from his mic into his music?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2