Google chrome becomes smart to improve laptop battery life

So what google does is to detect flash content and tell you it is there before running the content, and give you control over how it should be displayed.

When you’re on a webpage that runs Flash, we’ll intelligently pause content (like Flash animations) that aren’t central to the webpage, while keeping central content (like a video) playing without interruption. If we accidentally pause something you were interested in, you can just click it to resume playback. This update significantly reduces power consumption, allowing you to surf the web longer before having to hunt for a power outlet. "

makes me think that the safari browser already have the feature and now google is implanting it and makes my laptop run for a longer time  

source :

http://9to5google.com/2015/06/04/google-chrome-aims-to-improve-laptop-battery-life-by-intelligently-pausing-flash-content/

Hopefully it'll stop those dumbass video ads that you can't stop from playing or mute.

EDIT: Please don't tell me to use Adblock. Thanks.

So it is the same thing that Apple has done with Safari with any web plugins that aren't important.

Hopefully it'll stop those dumbass video ads that you can't stop from playing or mute.

USE ADBLOCK!!!!!! xD

OP: While I don't have a laptop, this will be great for saving RAM, I think. That also isn't an issue for me seeing as I have 16GB's. I'm sure I'll find it useful at some point  :P

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Thank god. When using chrome, my battery drops from 9 hours to 30 minutes.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

wow that is a lot.... my laptop for school shaves at least 1 hour off when i start chrome for docs and drive...

That much? My old laptop only goes from just over 6 hours to around 5 hours using Chrome (#12cellbatteryMR). And its not exactly the most efficient laptop either being Centrino Duo with a Core 2 Duo upgrade.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

use Adblock ..... PLUS!!!

Yea okay sure. 

Chrome robbed 3.5 hours of battery life from my laptop. So piss off, I'm not sticking with a browser that effectively destroys almost 50% of my battery life because its a poorly coded piece of shit. 

Fine. Use Adblock plus.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

So..... when is this coming to stable channel? Couple of months?

USE ADBLOCK!!!!!! xD

OP: While I don't have a laptop, this will be great for saving RAM, I think. That also isn't an issue for me seeing as I have 16GB's. I'm sure I'll find it useful at some point  :P

use Adblock ..... PLUS!!!

Fine. Use Adblock plus.

photo-52977.gif?_r=1431399011

Yea okay sure. 

Chrome robbed 3.5 hours of battery life from my laptop. So piss off, I'm not sticking with a browser that effectively destroys almost 50% of my battery life because its a poorly coded piece of shit. 

Firefox is heading the same way. I've found that it hogs the CPU in my laptop a lot more than Chrome. And the T7600 isn't exactly a slow CPU for its age.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL