Steam Hacked

-snip-

Son't store your CC info for easay payments :)

Other than that I hope you get your items back, glad you got the $400 reimbursed though :)

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

That's why my password is 25 characters, 2 Capitol letters, two random words, and 4 numbers placed in different parts.

6 letters, has been for 9 years :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I never found a way to turn that off also PayPal never asks for an mTAN while paying something from steam.

Well, since I can't add money to PayPal (only US banks can) I don't know about the second part. But everytime I authorize payment on Steam it opens window to go to Paypal account. Thats login form with normal tick mark saying "this is private computer". By not ticking that.... But I just started thinking that reducing money with another PC from Paypal shouldn't be possible unless someone knows your paypal password. They can't authorize payment by any other way to my knowledge.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

But I just started thinking that reducing money with another PC from Paypal shouldn't be possible unless someone knows your paypal password.

Yes while buying from another computer I have to login to PayPal with my passport, but I just realized that a hacker could withdraw all the money from my banking account over PayPal.

Of course only possible if a trojan steals some kind of steam login token and thus bypass the new login.

Was this hack a result of trading on Steam and clicking a link?

no

I would have finished that but i got distra-oh my god is that Linus!?

for the locked account steam usually responds within 24 hours, at least they did for me

its been 3 days now

It's like someone stole your car and you only got the body back but the engine is still missing... Ok maybe not the engine but let's say the wheels.

OT: Anyways, hi Dunk. :P

this is such a common issue with counter strike... I suggest everyone out there update there password, and activate that guard thing so if someone tries to login they'll need that 4-5 digit code as well.

People really need to strengthen there accounts and not click random links.

Just use the marketplace and that's it. Dont be so damn greedy/needy with these private trades.

The gang is here.

Anyways, Have you gotten any luck? Do you know who it was?

Did you have Steam Guard enabled?

To CatCloud: I have updated my password and changed my email.  I had steamguard enabled but didnt get an email from them, which is really confusing.  i also am much smarter than to click on any of those links but thanks for the advice.

to tankslayer: i have not gotten any luck and i don't know who it was.  on the subject of steam guard, read what i wrote to catcloud.

Gaben@valvesoftware.com

in all seriousness this sucks but nothing sucks worse than have your paypal hacked and having to chargeback everything because someone tried to buy $1000 worth of crap and having your steam account locked for 60 days and loosing all your games. the worst this was it was during the summer sale  :(. I missed the 2013 summer sale

tip- never charge back paypal purchase  on steam

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Update:  I finally was able to contact steam and got my account back, as well as the $10 skin I lost.  Steam support said that next time they wouldn't restore my items though.