Best looking 7th gen console games?

Sharkyx1

I've been playing the destiny demo on PS3 and I was very impressed with the graphics being pushed out by that dusty old hardware. Especially when the current gen versions of it look simply average for the hardware

It boasts some of the most impressively detailed levels and high polygon numbers on terrain and characters, while still tightly maintaining the games expected performance with little to no performance drops

It's not perfect and it uses some of the lowest resolution shadows I've seen in a console game. The game itself runs at 1024x624, but aside from those two points it is one of the most faithful and successful ports from the current gen to last. Unlike games like Shadow of Mordor and other rough ports Destiny actually looks and plays like it could have been the original product

What are some other games that were truly top of the class in image quality and weren't unplayable messes like crysis 3

I'd put up

Destiny

The Last of Us

Metro Last Light

GTA V

God of War 3

Gears of War 3

Heavy Rain

Remember Me

Metal Gear Solid V(GZ looked good, but I think we'll have to wait for Phantom Pain to know for sure)

Any games that you think were better?

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

fucking beautiful 

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

fucking beautiful

The theme im trying to maintain is 7th gen games, and we'll have to wait to see how that looks on Xbox 360, I'm sure it will be impressive, but that's the PC/PS4 video

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

snip

Trailer's graphics doesn't always mean in-game graphics......

Watch Dogs for example....

Well I hope they don't trick us.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Ground Zeros looked exactly like it's E3 trailer

https://youtu.be/ltH1eWxZutEhttps://youtu.be/i5eZ2LuyO34

Ground Zeros looked exactly like it's E3 trailer

Nice, but I hope they don't trick us in this game.

Because they can do this anytime.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Nice, but I hope they don't trick us in this game.

Because they can do this anytime.

Well to be very clear get Watch Dogs does look a lot better than MGS even in its downgraded form, MGS is built around a 1080 60 frame and that came first in its design, and there's nothing incredibly demanding in tbay trailer specifically, it's just a well directed showoff of the game

Press have been playing Phantom Pain for a few months now at different events, I expect the game to look very close in retail

MGS Phantom Pain is promising I've been following it since they announced it's production, but I don't think it will look as good as the trailer does.

All we need to do is wait and see.

As long as its not as short as Ground Zeroes  

*Cough* The Crew *Cough*

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

Beyond Two Souls is pretty good looking too despite it being a pretty mediocre game.

Also, Uncharted & The Last of Us have great visuals.

144Hz goodness

Hyperdimension Neptunia V is obviously the best looking game of the generation. 

Proof - maxresdefault.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia V is obviously the best looking game of the generation. 

Proof - maxresdefault.jpg

8.8/8 m8

"Best looking" doesn't necessarily mean best tech. Case and point some of the games on the Wii if you upscale them to 1080p using an emulator.....

ss22.jpg

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

"Best looking" doesn't necessarily mean best tech. Case and point some of the games on the Wii if you upscale them to 1080p using an emulator.....

I doubt you mean upscaling, with dolphin you can change the internal rendering resolution of games. So its not upscaling.

Bloodborne is fun, DK Smash brothers is kick ass. Then there's The Last of Us Remastered, FF X Remastered, Splatoon is a riot. Forza is a fun game as well. The Witcher 3 and MKX. (Especially MKX 'cause the devs for the PC port don't give a sh*t.) Hmmm, all the games I can think of at the top of my head...

The woes of not waiting to buy a GPU when new releases hit soon.

How do you forget Mirror's Edge? Game looks f'ing gorgeous.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

ss22.jpg

My point was around using the original hardware effectively, sure you can blow games up to 4k and make them look nice, but i was talking about how some games can look great and run great on PS360 and its impressive just in that it is possible on the hardware. 

Bloodborne is fun, DK Smash brothers is kick ass. Then there's The Last of Us Remastered, FF X Remastered, Splatoon is a riot. Forza is a fun game as well. The Witcher 3 and MKX. (Especially MKX 'cause the devs for the PC port don't give a sh*t.) Hmmm, all the games I can think of at the top of my head...

7th Gen is PS360

Bloodborne looks like it probably could have gotten a last gen port, TLOU was pretty great but suffered from a lot of slow downs that the previous UC games avoided, Splatoon looks fun

Heavy Rain/ Beyond: Two Souls were the best looking games of last gen.

not the best 'playing' ones though
Spoiler

CPU:FX 8350 4.4 ghz (Upgrading to a 6700k!).Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R 2.0 (Upgrading to a Z170 Pro4!).GPU: Sapphire R9 290 (Arctic Cooler).RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3 (Upgrading to 16gb ddr4 2400mhz!) PSU: Cooler Master B700. HDD: 120gb Hyper X Fury SSD, 500gb 5400rpm Caviar Blue Cooling: Hyper 212 (Switiching out with a Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim for new build) 2x stock case fans.
Future Upgrades: h100i cooler, corsair sp120 fans, 1080p monitor, AMD->Intel CPU Switch

I'm sorry, I should really hold off on reading post when I'm really tired. Gen 7, would have to go with a nice majority of fighting games on all three platforms. Mad World was nice personal favorite of mine that looked beautiful. And now that I look at my library, Pokemon Battle Revolution was waaaayyy beautiful! No More Heroes was awesome. And on the other platforms, I can easily think of Left 4 Dead that looked pretty good and ran great. Fallout 3 and a Majority of COD games looked nice and ran games. More game off the end of my head. Expect for the Wii games, they're all in my library.

I'm sorry, I should really hold off on reading post when I'm really tired. Gen 7, would have to go with a nice majority of fighting games on all three platforms. Mad World was nice personal favorite of mine that looked beautiful. And now that I look at my library, Pokemon Battle Revolution was waaaayyy beautiful! No More Heroes was awesome. And on the other platforms, I can easily think of Left 4 Dead that looked pretty good and ran great. Fallout 3 and a Majority of COD games looked nice and ran games. More game off the end of my head. Expect for the Wii games, they're all in my library.

No worries friend, its not like the majority of these posts were on topic

I actually have a super limited wii library and i want to get some of those, but i haven't got to it yet

Call of Duty is an interesting one as every console Call of duty fought for a strict 60FPS refresh, which sacrificed the graphics they could have had, yet they still improved on a yearly basis, though i think the closest any of them got to a full frame buffer was 1024x600 

Fallout on the other hand is impressive for its scale, but its graphics don't do it for me

http://images.eurogamer.net/articles//a/2/8/5/4/3/2/360_014.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1280x-1

http://images.eurogamer.net/articles//a/3/1/8/3/8/2/Mirror_s_Edge_360_005.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1280x-1

No worries friend, its not like the majority of these posts were on topic

I actually have a super limited wii library and i want to get some of those, but i haven't got to it yet

Call of Duty is an interesting one as every console Call of duty fought for a strict 60FPS refresh, which sacrificed the graphics they could have had, yet they still improved on a yearly basis, though i think the closest any of them got to a full frame buffer was 1024x600 

Fallout on the other hand is impressive for its scale, but its graphics don't do it for me

http://images.eurogamer.net/articles//a/2/8/5/4/3/2/360_014.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1280x-1

http://images.eurogamer.net/articles//a/3/1/8/3/8/2/Mirror_s_Edge_360_005.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1280x-1

Fallout 3 is a great game, and many Fallout fans don't really care that much about the graphics. 

Hmmm, I can kinda see it, but as the fellow friend above stated that the graphics don't matter much with Fallout games. Those are probably just medium settings too. Definitely look better than the low setting I played the games on with my old laptop lol. Oh, and specific fighting games I should of pointed out in case anyone was curious; Blazblue, Skullgirls Tatsunoko V Capcom, Super Street Fighter IV, Persona 4 Arena. (A personal favorite) And Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. Another Personal favorite especially for us weeb animu fans. Although fighting games don't require much to play. (Steam fighting games recommend a Core 2 Duo and a NVidia 6600 series GPU) They still looked awesome on consoles and some even probably had 60 fps. (From the last time I played them a month ago) And definately cheap now 'cause you know, the whole, "These games last gen now no one cares about them" that stores for some reason have that idea of now.

My point was around using the original hardware effectively, sure you can blow games up to 4k and make them look nice, but i was talking about how some games can look great and run great on PS360 and its impressive just in that it is possible on the hardware. 

I was just saying that there were some great looking games on the Wii because of solid art-direction. Even on the Gamecube Wind Waker is still a pretty fantastic looking game for the same reason. And this was with far, far less capable tech than even the 360 had. Although I do also think that the SNES has some of the best looking games ever made....

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Fallout 3 is a great game, and many Fallout fans don't really care that much about the graphics. 

Hmmm, I can kinda see it, but as the fellow friend above stated that the graphics don't matter much with Fallout games. Those are probably just medium settings too. Definitely look better than the low setting I played the games on with my old laptop lol. Oh, and specific fighting games I should of pointed out in case anyone was curious; Blazblue, Skullgirls Tatsunoko V Capcom, Super Street Fighter IV, Persona 4 Arena. (A personal favorite) And Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. Another Personal favorite especially for us weeb animu fans. Although fighting games don't require much to play. (Steam fighting games recommend a Core 2 Duo and a NVidia 6600 series GPU) They still looked awesome on consoles and some even probably had 60 fps. (From the last time I played them a month ago) And definately cheap now 'cause you know, the whole, "These games last gen now no one cares about them" that stores for some reason have that idea of now.

I never said FO 3 was a bad game, its a pretty good bethesda game but that should not make it immune to critisism of its image quality when there were dozens of games in its own launch year that looked better than it, and that is the context of this thread

Fighting games can look great, but i will not give you Street Fighter 4 on that list, as i think its one of the least pleasant to look at due to its art direction and poor quality 3D elements. Most every fighting game ran at 60FPS on console because of the way attacks are tied to framerate, a fighting game at 30FPS would have been pretty weak, i know there are some, JoJo's BA recent one was 30

I was just saying that there were some great looking games on the Wii because of solid art-direction. Even on the Gamecube Wind Waker is still a pretty fantastic looking game for the same reason. And this was with far, far less capable tech than even the 360 had. Although I do also think that the SNES has some of the best looking games ever made....

Yes, i was agreeing with you, there are some really impressive games on Wii, though i'm gonna say, Wind Waker's cell shading is not a good art style in my eye, its subjective, and i think its the worst looking Zelda game.

zHtGc1r.jpg

Take or leave the Gran Turismo games, but they're still graphical and technical marvels.

Source: Gran Turismo 6

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D