Cannot get the Windows 10 icon to show up

MahtXL

Ive turned back on auto updates. allowed all notifications. installed all important and optional updates. and rebooted all the times required. I cant find the icon anywhere on my task bar. not even in the "little arrow" menu. and its not in windows update control panel. My windows is 100 percent genuine and is fully up to date. Windows 7 Home Premium with ALL updates installed.

Gee thanks Microsoft.

Also some of these updates installed security essentials and now more random crapware from Microsoft is running in my task manager. Can i fully get rid of security essentials?

But first id like that stupid windows 10 icon.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

Ive turned back on auto updates. allowed all notifications. installed all important and optional updates. and rebooted all the times required. I cant find the icon anywhere on my task bar. not even in the "little arrow" menu. and its not in windows update control panel. My windows is 100 percent genuine and is fully up to date. Windows 7 Home Premium with ALL updates installed.

Gee thanks Microsoft.

Also some of these updates installed security essentials and now more random crapware from Microsoft is running in my task manager. Can i fully get rid of security essentials?

I run win 7 and I haven't seen it yet.

On my other PC that has 8.1 it is activated.

Win7 here. I checked for updates, installed all updates, even optional updates (minus Skype), rebooted and got the prompt.

Win7 here. I checked for updates, installed all updates, even optional updates (minus Skype), rebooted and got the prompt.

Well good for flipping you. That does not solve the problem at hand here at all.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

Why do you want it anyways? It doesn't change anything. You just get an extra icon.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Well good for flipping you. That does not solve the problem at hand here at all.

Shit man, you don't have to be so abrasive.

Every single post I've seen you make you have to have some kind of attitude in it. Calm your titties.

What version of windows are you running?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Gee thanks Microsoft.

Windows 10 isn't coming out until very late in July. It's not a big deal. It'll show up by that time in the summer.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

So according to this article the updates name is "KB3035583 update"  http://www.computerworld.com/article/2929024/microsoft-windows/microsoft-triggers-windows-10-nag-campaign-on-windows-7-8-1-devices.html

I went and looked and yes for sure my PC grabbed it. But ive got no icon. And nothing anywhere on my pc relating to the GET app.

post-109182-0-25735400-1433192543.png

Why do you want it anyways? It doesn't change anything. You just get an extra icon.

Because i want to make sure i reserve it so i dont get screwed over. Like lets say for some reason on my PC it NEVER shows up. And im forced to pay (LOL YEAH RIGHT) for Windows 10. Thats why i want the icon, so i can just get it done. and then turn auto updates right back off so they dont drive me to the brink of insanity.

Because i want to make sure i reserve it so i dont get screwed over. Like lets say for some reason on my PC it NEVER shows up. And im forced to pay (LOL YEAH RIGHT) for Windows 10. Thats why i want the icon, so i can just get it done. and then turn auto updates right back off so they dont drive me to the brink of insanity.

You have a year, just give it some time.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

You have a year, just give it some time.

Uhm no. i have 2 months. I want it done on day 1. and without this "Get" app. its going to be a bigger pain in my butt.

It appears at random. Looks like MS are running it out slowly to every PC. I got it about 4 hours ago where the first ones appeared about 16 hours ago. I think it appears on boot though. Not sure if it appears at random during the machine being turned on.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

Uhm no. i have 2 months. I want it done on day 1. and without this "Get" app. its going to be a bigger pain in my butt.

Umm, you have a whole year.

It appears every at 8pm Eastern Time for me, so not very random. And you can force the update to appear if you really need to. I think this is the method for 8/8.1:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/378475-windows-10-upgrade-thread-join-in/?p=5116385

If not, update and reboot. If that doesn't work, I've heard installing even the optional updates makes it appear.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Uhm no. You have a year. The servers are going to be crippled day one anyways so as was said calm your titties you have about 2 months before this is even close to an issue.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit