What should I do?

JordanDoyle

So, I've had my computer around two years now, building it up as time went on and buying whatever was new at the time of purchase and making it as best as it can be at what I seem to feel is a good price, however the time has come to upgrade my GPU again and my question to you is, should I jump to the newest generation of GPU and jump on a single 980Ti or should I stick another 780Ti in my PC and have 2x780Ti?

ec0bee9609.png

If you are able to afford the 980ti, go for it

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Id say a single 980ti is better. But, the real question is did you really ever feel like you needed that extra performance?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

If you're staying with a single 1080p screen, I see no reason to upgrade at the moment. Unless you're not getting your 144hz.

980Ti if you can afford it.

Also, that 3770 is toasty! What cooler are you using on it?

Sig under construction.

I would get a second 780ti.  Especially with DX12 on the way with the added support for multiple GPUs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

well if you can aford a 980ti that beter but do you need it?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

So, I've had my computer around two years now, building it up as time went on and buying whatever was new at the time of purchase and making it as best as it can be at what I seem to feel is a good price, however the time has come to upgrade my GPU again and my question to you is, should I jump to the newest generation of GPU and jump on a single 980Ti or should I stick another 780Ti in my PC and have 2x780Ti?

The 780ti is fine for now. If I were you, I'd get an SSD for a boot drive.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

sell the 780ti for like 300 to 400 dollars and get a 980ti. its the better route 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

If you're staying with a single 1080p screen, I see no reason to upgrade at the moment. Unless you're not getting your 144hz.

980Ti if you can afford it.

Also, that 3770 is toasty! What cooler are you using on it?

Stock cooler that bud :)

Does a single 980Ti out preform two 780Tis?

Stock cooler that bud :)

Does a single 980Ti out preform two 780Tis?

I think they should be about neck and neck for raw performance, however the 980 Ti would probably be better because of the larger framebuffer plus all games should work with it optimally straight away (SLI can still be kinda finicky).

Sig under construction.