2K announces XCOM 2 [updated]

zMeul

source: http://xcom.com/

logo.png

New York, NY – June 1, 2015 – 2K and Firaxis Games today announced that XCOM® 2, the sequel to the Game of the Year* award-winning strategy title XCOM®: Enemy Unknown, is currently in development for Windows-based PC.

Twenty years have passed since world leaders offered an unconditional surrender to alien forces and XCOM, the planet's last line of defense, was left decimated and scattered. Now the aliens rule Earth, building shining cities that promise a brilliant future for humanity on the surface, while concealing a sinister agenda below and eliminating all who dissent from their new order.

Only those who live at the edges of the world have a margin of freedom. Here, a force gathers once again to stand up for humanity. Always on the run, the remnant XCOM forces must find a way to rise from the ashes, expose the insidious truth behind the occupation, and eliminate the alien threat once and for all.

02_x2_screens_media.jpg
01_x2_screens_media.jpg
03_x2_screens_media.jpg
04_x2_screens_media.jpg
05_x2_screens_media.jpg

---

---

update August 28th: ....... it's delayed until February 2016
official source: http://xcom.com/news/en/xcom-2-now-coming-to-pc-worldwide-on-february-5-2016

Hello XCOM fans,

We want to give you an update on the release date for XCOM 2. We’ve set a high bar for the sequel and the entire team has been working hard to make sure we deliver a great follow-up to Enemy Unknown. We just need a little more time to make it the best possible game. 

With XCOM 2, we want to have more depth, more replayability, and more investment in your soldiers and this extension will give us the time we need to deliver on our promise to you.

We appreciate your patience and continued support as we move towards February. Good luck, Commander!

-The XCOM 2 Dev Team

:unsure: 

---

super-fan of the XCOM series and loved what Firaxis did with XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within

ps: this is a PC exclusive title!

Noice. But, is it the same studio? I thought they were the ones making that Chaos Reborn game which is still in early alpha?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Interesting, I loved XCOM EU and EW, can't wait to see how this turns out.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Noice. But, is it the same studio? I thought they were the ones making that Chaos Reborn game which is still in early alpha?

yes, Firaxis developed both games

I love the art style.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

yes, Firaxis developed both games

Alright, guess I got to finish that final bossfight I've been saving in the vanilla X-Com and then start replaying it with the expansion :D

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Such hype, probably gonna pre-order xD

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

oh man I hate this

I don't like being teased, I like this game alot

why don't they just shut up and talk after game is finished or at least almost finished... nooooooooo

I liked xenonauts better than EU, but I'm curious to see how this new concept will be carried out.

FINALLY! YES!

Must resist the urge to preorder ... must resist :-s

I only have two words for this.

Hell. Yes.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

This is announced and I still haven't beaten my Long War campaign.  I am looking forward to more mod support, setting up some of the mods can be a little intimidating for first time users.

So the enemy in this game is some kind of a near-global government that seems to be creating pervasive surveillance and sinisterly subverting the society to better exploit it?

What a silly, far fetched premise!

I loved Enemy Unknown. I haven't tried out Enemy Within yet, probably will get it during a steam sale.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Huzzah! I hope Fireaxis is given more room to play. Loved playing the new XCom it just felt hemmed in.

Wait, do you play as The Rebels or the Government?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Wait, do you play as The Rebels or the Government?

this time we are the rebel, we're like exalts now

Such hype, probably gonna pre-order xD

No god no. Don't preorder. For gods sake people. it's digital. it wont run out.

No god no. Don't preorder. For gods sake people. it's digital. it wont run out.

The point to pre-order is to pre--load on my semi-slow internet. I have full faith in Firaxis, they have never let me down.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

The point to pre-order is to pre--load on my semi-slow internet. I have full faith in Firaxis, they have never let me down.

No one lets you down.......until they DO.