A couple of K70 questions.

SocomSuade

I've been looking at mechanical KB's and someone told me about the Corsair K70. I had a question, how many models are there?

Was looking on Amazon and they have one for $126 and another for $153.

I'm guessing one has the lighting option, I think it's called RGB and the other does not? Is that correct?

Also is there anything better in this price range?

Do you want the lighting feature?

Sig under construction.

That's pretty much the difference. If you're fine with a red only LED then the normal one is fine. In that price range there's not much better, maybe a DAS keyboard if you can find one for that price. Otherwise there are cheaper ones, but they're missing some features.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

RGB lighting is not the only difference, non RGB versions LEDs seem to die a lot.

RGB lighting is not the only difference, non RGB versions LEDs seem to die a lot.

That was only the case with Blue LED K70s in the first few batches.

Red LED versions were never affected in the first place.

"You do not call the endless aggregation of not dying 'life'.Its mearly an experience"

So apart from some of the LEDs dying for some users, there is essentially no difference other than the crazy lighting scheme and options between the k70 and k70 RBG?

I don't care for a flashy color keyboard schemes and I'm not going to pay an extra $40 for that so I'm leaning toward the Non RBG.

Just want to confirm that's the only difference.

Edit: I'd go for blue LEDs and if they die I can just return it right?

So apart from some of the LEDs dying for some users, there is essentially no difference other than the crazy lighting scheme and options between the k70 and k70 RBG?

I don't care for a flashy color keyboard schemes and I'm not going to pay an extra $40 for that so I'm leaning toward the Non RBG.

Just want to confirm that's the only difference.

Yes, that's the only difference. I would warn you though. The key caps on K70 wobbles/moves a lot while typing and gaming. That is because the key caps are designed to stand-up tall from the frame...  which in turn makes it easier to clean the K70. I also had 4 mushy cherry keys. Left Shift was very mushy which is pretty annoying in FPS games

I believe that they discontinued the blue LED K70's

I think you meant Cherry mx Blue Switches 

Yes, that's the only difference. I would warn you though. The key caps on K70 wobbles/moves a lot while typing and gaming. That is because the key caps are designed to stand-up tall from the frame... which in turn makes it easier to clean the K70. I also had 4 mushy cherry keys. Left Shift was very mushy which is pretty annoying in FPS games

Kind of scary. What would you recommend other than k70?

Kind of scary. What would you recommend other than k70?

Ducky Legend or Ducky shine. Assuming you don't need macro keys

Look out for deals from NCIX US. I got my Ducky Legend for $112.00 which usually go for $149.00

As I type on both Logitech G710 and Ducky legend; I can clearly say Ducky has much better quality and certain crisp to it. Logitech G710 also has some key wobbling but as not as much as K70.