ASUS teases its 34-inch curved ultrawide NVIDIA G-Sync monitor

snowComet

Really hate these sort of arguments - "but you couldnt drive crysis99 on max on it anyway"

Really - its none of your or anyone elses business what and on what settings i will be playing on it.

Now wake me up when we have 144hz 3440x1440...  

or better yet 5120x2160 @ 144hz. And again, its noones fucking business what or how ill be playing on it.

Eeee? I know other vowels as well but still... I was merely pointing a fact that i want it in higher ref rate despite the fact that its gonna be hard to run on even quad titan x's. Not sure what your outburst was about :D

Do people really need 34 inch monitors? 27" is already too big for me ...

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

27" is already too big for me ...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

A 34" ultrawide is about as tall as a normal 27". Why it has same vertical resolution. But it is wider, giving a broader field of view, which most games can benefit from.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Damn I am really lovng the way we're going with monitors since last year... one beauty after the other keeps popping up.

I do wonder how come we're suddenly progressing so much all of a sudden in the monitor world considering how long it's been rather unchanging.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

34 inch ultrawide is the same screen height as 27 inch widescreen. Same with 29 and 24 inches, respectively.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

I'm not a fan of that stand it looks to bulky

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Jesus Fucking Shit....  i want a 144hz OLED version of this so bad...

I like the Acer one better. And it's more likely a better panel too, like the recent Acer vs. Asus comparisons. And the stand is better, perfect indentation to put my DAC. The bottom of the Asus stand protrudes too much. Might get it, if I'm not blown away by AMD Fury.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Granted the back looks awesome but but.. vesa mounting?! :(

what my member title says

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

• 3 weeks later...

how much and when?

Character artist in the Games industry.

Forgive me but, who revived this thread? It's like a month old

- snip-

Why can't I get a freesync/gsync ultra wide monitor that doesn't look like crap ....

Forgive me but, who revived this thread? It's like a month

lol its the person above you :)

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

What's VA?

I'm not up to date with panel tech so correct me if I'm wrong.

VA stands for Vertical Alignment and is a type of display panel such as IPS, TN. This should not be confused for AHVA

AHVA (which is probably what Asus is using for this panel) stands for Advanced Hyper Viewing Angle and is a variant of the IPS technology. These panels offer IPS color, viewing angles, and response times but can achieve higher refresh rates than the typical IPS.

This necro and so many before it raises a valid point about monitor news being way too ahead of the curve. We don't need to hear announcements 6 months before it hits shelves. It's annoying. Some part of the distribution chain needs to get a hell of a lot better in the monitor market.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

This necro and so many before it raises a valid point about monitor news being way too ahead of the curve. We don't need to hear announcements 6 months before it hits shelves. It's annoying. Some part of the distribution chain needs to get a hell of a lot better in the monitor market.

hmm, but what about planning a future purchase?

hmm, but what about planning a future purchase?

But they never say the release date anyway. When it comes to monitors, the actual release date could be 2 weeks or 10 months away and there's no way to tell. So it's pointless in that regard as well. There was an Dell screen announced last year I think in September that just came out a month ago. Tell me how that helped anyone plan anything as they never mentioned the release date back then.

I want need this.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

1286436176227.gif

• 2 months later...

all the specs are perfect... except the 60hz (considering Acer managed to do 75hz)....   well - it better be 500$then;

otherwise i`ll just have to WAIT SOME FUCKING MORE, before i spend the big bucks

That monitor looks sweet. So happy that 21:9 is winning in pc gaming, as it is such  nice aspect ratio for pretty much all games. Also the reason why the stand looks derpy, is because the panel is turned sideways. Apparently it can swivel a lot.

Any word if this will b a 75 or a 144hz panel? Either way, give me a Freesync one please :D

Bumping a bit of an old post here, but its better then starting a new thread on the same topic. 

Some recent news released by Asus says the refresh rate at 100 Hz

ROG Swift PG348Q is a 34-inch gaming display with a curved 3440 x 1440 resolution IPS panel for immersive gaming visuals. This 21:9 aspect display has built-in NVIDIA G-SYNC technology and a 100Hz rapid refresh rate for ultra-smooth gaming visuals with no screen tearing or lag. ASUS GamePlus gives users four different crosshair options, an in-game timer and an FPS counter for an added advantage in first-person-shooter and real-time-strategy games; while ASUS GameVisual technology provides six preset display modes for optimized gaming visuals. ROG Swift has a frameless curved design that is perfect for an immersive gaming experience, and is ergonomically-designed with tilt, swivel, and height adjustments.

Personally, I think this monitor is sexy as hell, and I cant wait until it gets release. Unfortunately, I can see this monitor easily being around the $1,000 range.