Aorus X7 Pro-Sync (G-Sync Laptop)

TheFallenPenguin

The brand new Aorus X7 Pro-Sync (G-Sync) laptop has just been announced and information regarding it is up on the Aorus website. Here are some screenshots showing whats new with the Aorus X7 Pro-sync:

rltH81B.png

DCKcbHG.png

lFJRbOW.png

Mobile G-Sync is coming soon, but unfortunately buyers of the original Aorus X7 Pro will not get G-Sync support (Can't help feeling a little cheated seeing that my laptop is brand new):

vcstEi5.png

Source: http://www.aorus.com/x7pro-sync.aspx

Aorus X7 Pro

CPU: i7-4870HQ | GPU: Dual GTX970m 3GB SLI | RAM: Ballistix 2x8GB 1866MHz | HDD: 1TB 5400rpm | SSD: 2 x 128GB mSATA, RAID 0 | Display: 17.3" 1920x1080 IPS (LGD046C) @ 100Hz

I realize it is impossible to demonstrate the effects of stutter in a still image, but I find it funny that they chose to demonstrate it by making the image dimmer and slightly blurry.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

I realize it is impossible to demonstrate the effects of stutter in a still image, but I find it funny that they chose to demonstrate it by making the image dimmer and slightly blurry.

They should have rather made a video to try and demonstrate it, picture really does nothing haha.

I emailed them to ask why the Aorus X7 Pro won't be getting G-Sync, and if it is possible to get an upgrade to the X7 Pro-Sync. (Still waiting for a reply) They look exactly the same and have exactly the same specs. The only difference is G-Sync. Asus managed to get G-Sync working on their G751 laptops which has the same LGD046C panel as the X7 Pro, so I can't see a reason why they had to release a "new" laptop instead of updating the current model and maybe just adding a G-Sync sticker to ones that were produced after the announcement. That's what was expected to happen when when they announced that the X7 Pro was going to get G-Sync back in January (http://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/anton-shilov/nvidia-plans-to-add-g-sync-technology-to-laptops/)

Aorus X7 Pro

CPU: i7-4870HQ | GPU: Dual GTX970m 3GB SLI | RAM: Ballistix 2x8GB 1866MHz | HDD: 1TB 5400rpm | SSD: 2 x 128GB mSATA, RAID 0 | Display: 17.3" 1920x1080 IPS (LGD046C) @ 100Hz

• 2 months later...

They should have rather made a video to try and demonstrate it, picture really does nothing haha.

I emailed them to ask why the Aorus X7 Pro won't be getting G-Sync, and if it is possible to get an upgrade to the X7 Pro-Sync. (Still waiting for a reply) They look exactly the same and have exactly the same specs. The only difference is G-Sync. Asus managed to get G-Sync working on their G751 laptops which has the same LGD046C panel as the X7 Pro, so I can't see a reason why they had to release a "new" laptop instead of updating the current model and maybe just adding a G-Sync sticker to ones that were produced after the announcement. That's what was expected to happen when when they announced that the X7 Pro was going to get G-Sync back in January (http://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/anton-shilov/nvidia-plans-to-add-g-sync-technology-to-laptops/)

I emailed them about this as well.  The upgrade cost to a G-Sync model is $250 for those of us that bought the pro.  I will keep you guys updated on the process, I believe that they actually have to give you a whole new laptop, because the cost of swapping out screens and motherboard parts is not worth it to them for that price.

Looks like an Aorus laptop and desk-sized mouse pad is next on the buying list >_>

I emailed them about this as well. The upgrade cost to a G-Sync model is $250 for those of us that bought the pro. I will keep you guys updated on the process, I believe that they actually have to give you a whole new laptop, because the cost of swapping out screens and motherboard parts is not worth it to them for that price.

They just change the motherboard, the only difference between the models is the that the Pro-Sync has a G-Sync cookie in its BIOS and the HWID of the GPU changed:

G-Sync 970m: 1618

Non G-Sync 970m: 13D8

So basically you could just change some resistors on the board so that it changes the HWID and incorporate the cookie into your BIOS, then boom, you have successfully converted your X7 Pro into the Pro-Sync with G-Sync.

Unfortunately, the official upgrade program is not available in South Africa due to an issue with customs. I have emailed Aorus and it does not seem like they care about resolving the customs issue anytime soon, if ever.

Aorus X7 Pro

Apparently this is really hard to demonstrate G-Sync effect through a video.

You need to see it by yourself.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

SNIP

Oooh very nice :D Although if I was buying an Aorus it would be the X3 Plus

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

• 4 weeks later...

WHERE TO BUY?

So, I am all about getting this notebook. However, I cannot seem to find the original, non-Gsync model, and the PRO Sync modelnis on preorder on amazon and out of stock on newegg, and I am hesitant of sketchy sites... My birthday is nigh, so I would like to source an x7, the gsync version would be a bonus yet it's not mandatory.