PT/US Razer Blackwidow. Cant decide if normal mechanical with PT layout or more expensive Razer blackwidow with US layout

Hi!

Im looking for a new keyboard, preferabily mechanical with a quick response and silent. I know the razer blackwidow switches are amazing but there are no Razer Blackwidows with the PT(Portuguese) layout. Im wondering if a normal CherryMX switch keyboard is enough or if the razer swithes are THAT MUCH BETTER than the cherryMX ones. I dont if it is worth the more expensive, US layout, razer blackwidow or a normal cherrymx keyboard with PT layout is enough. What do you think/know about the switch topic? Are razer switches that much better from normal cherrx?

Thank you :)

Stay away from razer, my Chroma from them ended up in RMA in 2 months.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Hi!

Im looking for a new keyboard, preferabily mechanical with a quick response and silent. I know the razer blackwidow switches are amazing but there are no Razer Blackwidows with the PT(Portuguese) layout. Im wondering if a normal CherryMX switch keyboard is enough or if the razer swithes are THAT MUCH BETTER than the cherryMX ones. I dont if it is worth the more expensive, US layout, razer blackwidow or a normal cherrymx keyboard with PT layout is enough. What do you think/know about the switch topic? Are razer switches that much better from normal cherrx?

Thank you :)

Cherry MX switches are actually better. And even I say this, while typing on a Blackwidow.

Srsly, get a Cherry MX keyboard. The Razer switches are definitly not bad, but Cherry switches are much better.

Stay away from razer, my Chroma from them ended up in RMA in 2 months.

Still don't know how that happens. I had 6 products so far from Razer and everything worked very well. My oldest product, the Razer Diamondback still works and it's around 10 years old now. It's probably the best mouse I've ever seen.

And wich CherryMX switch is more silent(but still quick)

And wich CherryMX switch is more silent(but still quick)

Reds are the "quickest" but have no tactile bump. For that the browns (which the Razer "silent" switch is based off) is better. Reds with o-rings would probably the best for speed and silence if you actually can become good enough to take advantage of it. For just typing the tactile bump is usually helpful, but some people say if they are typing fast they won't even feel it. Cherry MX Clears have more pronounced bump but also require more force, making them a bit slower in optimal situation. Red, Brown and Clear switches are all virtually silent and all the noise comes from bottoming out the keys, fingers hitting them, or possible keyboard rattle: there is no noise made by the switches themselves.