Corsair k95 cherry mx red or brown?

QuitDog141

so the other day i ask you guys what keyboard i should get, i decided i will be getting the k95 rgb

problem is i dont know which to choose, red or brown switches

i know its to preference but i never used them before, i had the razer black widow (blue keys)

so i normally play fps games and im generally in a call when i play, im wondering if i got the red, it would be difficult to type becuase of no clicks but would be good because my mic wont pick it up

what would you guys rather have, red or brown switches

I have the K95 and chose the MX-Brown's, feels better IMO

Still not that satisfying sound when you tap a key.

My brother has the Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013, which uses Blue switches. Not quite reds, but still. They feel heavy and clunky. Not how I want to type. Sure, for FPSes and MOBAs it makes sense, but Browns subjectively offer the best typing experience. 

brown, but that's my personal opinion, as i love browns and blues but hate reds whilst my friends and fellow forums members may hate blues but love reds and browns 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

My brother has the Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013, which uses Blue switches. Not quite reds, but still. They feel heavy and clunky. Not how I want to type. Sure, for FPSes and MOBAs it makes sense, but Browns subjectively offer the best typing experience. 

It's mostly preference. I like Blue/Red switches for example, browns don't feel that great for me :/

It's mostly preference. I like Blue/Red switches for example, browns don't feel that great for me :/

During gaming, sure. I can imagine Blues / Reds to feel better. Since you're not making as many keystrokes. Whilst typing, however, Browns "float" much more, in the sense that keystrokes are swift, soft, and comfortable. Plus, they don't have that annoying clunking noise. (Which to many is a selling point of mechanical keyboards, but I find to be rather unnecessary and annoying.)

I have some cherry switches at home and the reds really feel kinda lame, just go down without any restriction, I would get brown or blues, but with the K95 only shipping with browns I'd get them

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

During gaming, sure. I can imagine Blues / Reds to feel better. Since you're not making as many keystrokes. Whilst typing, however, Browns "float" much more, in the sense that keystrokes are swift, soft, and comfortable. Plus, they don't have that annoying clunking noise. (Which to many is a selling point of mechanical keyboards, but I find to be rather unnecessary and annoying.)

We can both agree that we have different opinions ;)

As you said it's up to preference. The only real difference is the feedback. Red ones are better for gaming due to how easy and responsive they are however if you're a hard typer (or simply strong) the brown will give you a better feeling and thus ease while playing which is honestly more important. For instance it is advised to run with shoes that fits your foots, I personally run with shoes 1cm longer than my real foot size because in addition of being long my foots are very large and having longer shoes gives me getting better results when running than I would with shoes that fit. The best would be to simply have larger shoes but when it's not an option you simply go with what works for you. Same applies to switches.

I've used Reds/Browns/Blacks for periods of 6 month each and I prefer the Reds out the 3, Brown would be my second choice tho. Like everyone is saying everyone prefers a different feeling.