Gtx 970 msi or evga?

Thatguythere98

I have decided that for my new pc build I will get a gtx 970 but I am unsure of which manufacturer to purchase from. From the msi version I have heard nothing but good things from its cooler and oc potential. From evga I have seen great things but also lots of issues. ive seen that lots of people have had coil whine with the evga version and the heat pipes are not complety on the gpu. My build is going to be blue and at the moment the evga card is cheaper but I dont know if I should get it considering the amount of coil whine problems ive been seeing. What do you guys reccomend?

Get the Gigabyte.

But if not that, MSI.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

if there is a evga ssc 970 then get that because it has more ghz or hz compared to the MSI version

if not a ssc version then go with this:

Get the Gigabyte.

But if not that, MSI.

Go here :)

Msi.

My Msi card has not ran into any problems since I got it, and it overclocks to 1540mhz

seem like everywhere I look everyone says msi ill go with that ill just get the green one. Thanks

Thatguythere there is a gtx 970 from evga ssc which gives you better performance from newegg, maybe get that

Get the Gigabyte.

But if not that, MSI.

the gigabyte is about 40$ more expensive and that puts my pc over my total budget.

Thatguythere there is a gtx 970 from evga ssc which gives you better performance from newegg, maybe get that

ill look at it. Thanks

the gigabyte is about 40$ more expensive and that puts my pc over my total budget.

I would personally say that is worth it but I understand budgets! haha Well then I definitely recommend the MSI, especially since the EVGA SSC and Gigabyte are the same price (I do believe) and would go over your budget.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Both cards are so close that I'd pick whichever colours I'd like :lol:  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Only Evga cards worth the money are named Classified and Kingpin. Anything else avoid

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Only Evga cards worth the money are named Classified and Kingpin. Anything else avoid

i wouldnt agree with that, the standard evga cards are still viable, plus evga is a very generous company in terms of regulations and warranties

CPU:I5 4670K   GPU:Radeon HD 7850 2 GB (To be upgraded)   RAM:2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3   Motherboard:MSI Z97S SLI Plus

i'd say evga, their warranty and customer service are the best in the business. the SSC has a great cooler and awesome factory overclock. but ya, that warranty and customer service is something that will be REALLY nice to have if you end up having issues with your graphics card. MSI's customer service is email based. EVGA has a phone number that you can call to talk to someone live.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

MSI gaming twinfrozr 5 cooler is AMAZING.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

dont get evga pleaseeeee, my msi runs the same as my mates evga ftw+ which cost him £60 more and ocd at the same settings mine beats his.... my msi also runs at 20c idle, yes 20c and im not trolling, his gpu also runs hotter.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

dont get evga pleaseeeee, my msi runs the same as my mates evga ftw+ which cost him £60 more and ocd at the same settings mine beats his.... my msi also runs at 20c idle, yes 20c and im not trolling, his gpu also runs hotter.

BISH PLEASE! THERE IS A SUPER SUPER CLOCKED ONE FOR A REASON!

erm you do realise the ftw+ is the best one smh.....

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

plus, EVGA does possess the step up program, not completely sure how it works, but i believe it essentially lets you get the next step up for cheaper (for instance if you bought a 980, you could upgrade to a 980 ti)

CPU:I5 4670K   GPU:Radeon HD 7850 2 GB (To be upgraded)   RAM:2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3   Motherboard:MSI Z97S SLI Plus