New project

Tomic

Hi I'm looking for a new project for school I have to use Visual Basic and studio 2015 all sejestions welcome

Red Fury: Cpu intel i5 4960k GPU 1060 6gb, Cooling  noctua dh15 storage 1tb sshd 250gb ssd mobo gigabyte z97p-3 case fractal r4 ram hyper x fury red 8 gb psu 550w xfx ts os win 10 monitor lg 25um56 

Make retro games! :)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Literally, just pick a task that you do every day that you think you can program automation for. It doesn't even need to be something you intend to use after you've completed it, its all about the learning experience. 

Literally, just pick a task that you do every day that you think you can program automation for. It doesn't even need to be something you intend to use after you've completed it, its all about the learning experience. 

^ This.

One of my projects was a simple MD5 / SHA1 checksum checker for downloaded files, mainly so I could quickly check that they were the correct files without having to use the CLI based FCIV utility from MS.

Decided that I wanted to learn some C# for a bit of fun, based that project around it. I posted it on GitHub (here) if you want to have a look at it. :)

Why... why... why... why are they making you write it in VB? That is just not modern, it's not going to help you in industry (beyond the obvious agnostic concepts of course - .Net, OO and so on) - they might as well have you write it in Delphi.

It really does make me die a little inside every time I see one of these threads pop up where some poor retch has been given the task to implement something in some decrepit language/technology by their Gestapo-like educational institution. Usually because some lecturer has slipped down the stack, curled up and given up on his or her career and has desperately clung to some monolithically ageing technology, choosing to inflict it (whether though spite or simple depression) on the upcoming bright minds of our age. Thus brutally violating their innocence and forever tainting their perception of the industry.

Sorry, I digress, rant over.

Can you at least choose WPF & MVVM to hide it in? At least that would teach you something useful.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Go program a game of checkers on the command line. Ideally using C, since C is the best to learn, IMO.

Alternatively go make an AVL binary search tree in assembly (even I'd cry. debugging why it seg faulted after 600 thousand iterations in C was bad enough)

Why... why... why... why are they making you write it in VB? That is just not modern, it's not going to help you in industry (beyond the obvious agnostic concepts of course - .Net, OO and so on) - they might as well have you write it in Delphi.

It really does make me die a little inside every time I see one of these threads pop up where some poor retch has been given the task to implement something in some decrepit language/technology by their Gestapo-like educational institution. Usually because some lecturer has slipped down the stack, curled up and given up on his or her career and has desperately clung to some monolithically ageing technology, choosing to inflict it (whether though spite or simple depression) on the upcoming bright minds of our age. Thus brutally violating their innocence and forever tainting their perception of the industry.

Sorry, I digress, rant over.

Can you at least choose WPF & MVVM to hide it in? At least that would teach you something useful.

My college taught me visual basic. Kinda glad they did as it very "wordy" if that is the right term? no brackets or ; to miss out, words for operators and/or not && or ||.

Last thing i did was to make a program to back up my files to my nas, just used a batch script at windows boot.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´