Dead Space and BioShock Infinite devs announce Perception

Majinferno

https://youtu.be/L_1zUXv5l7M

The Deep End Games have announced a Kickstarter campaign for an interesting-looking indie title, Perception.

The Deep End is made up of members of the BioShock Infinite and Dead Space teams, but don’t expect to be dismembering aliens or riding around on fantastical sky hooks. Perception is a first person narrative game that puts the player in the shoes of a blind girl named Cassie.

“Wait,” you ask. “How are we supposed to play a first person game if we’re playing a blind character?”

Perception looks to give us an idea of what it might be like to navigate the world from this point of view. As Cassie walks around the mansion – the one haunting her dreams, that she finally tracked down – Cassie can tap her cane to reflect sound off things, giving her, as in echolocation, a temporary picture of the world around her.

This is no Gone Home, though. Cassie isn’t here to learn about her family (well, anything’s possible), and she isn’t alone. There’s a “presence” in the house that doesn’t want her there, and Cassie has to avoid it as she creeps around.

The Kickstarter is about a third of the way to its funding goal at the time of this writing, but we hope it makes it over the the hump. There’s an interesting team taking on a unique idea, and we’d like to see it happen.

Source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/05/27/dead-space-and-bioshock-infinite-vets-announce-perception/

Sounds pretty interesting. Kinda cool to see these devs get together and work on a game.

That autocorrection in the title... 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

That autocorrection in the title...

Thanks for the heads up :)

Sonar vision, exactly like DareDevil 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

This looks kinda interesting...

Sig under construction.

Looks interesting.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Perception....that's the best name you can come up with? Boy they're getting lazy with the names.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Perception....that's the best name you can come up with? Boy they're getting lazy with the names.

Or call it DareDevil ripoff without the fighting 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Jump scare city right there.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Why does a human have echo location? Or do they really think this is how blind people perceive the world?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Going with dare devil vision in a game could be interesting. Looking forward to see what this games has in store for us.

First person horror is so lame in my opinion, like I'll take Evil Within over the weak jump scares and hiding of this and outlast

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Why does a human have echo location? Or do they really think this is how blind people perceive the world?

Let me introduce you to this video.

Also judging by the big spooky ghost, the game is not entirely based on reality.

Recent games -- LoL, FO4, TESV, XCOM 2, Life is Strange, Overwatch, Ark, Total War Attila, Hearthstone.  <(^^,)>

Seems interesting but not my cup of tea I think.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

kinda reminds me of gone home and the character reminds me of maxine from life is strange

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

This game could be a lot of fun with the Oculus Rift.

Recent games -- LoL, FO4, TESV, XCOM 2, Life is Strange, Overwatch, Ark, Total War Attila, Hearthstone.  <(^^,)>

That looked freaking spooky as hell. Gonna be jump scares galore.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That looked freaking spooky as hell. Gonna be jump scares galore.

Kinda makes me wonder. BioShock and dead space both had different ways of scaring the user. Pretty spooky

This looks awesome, not a fan of super gorey games but this looks in the style of Bioshock and Dead Space (no way amiright). Love the eerie suspense building types, also female protagonist is nice :3

Boop

Kinda makes me wonder. BioShock and dead space both had different ways of scaring the user. Pretty spooky

Bioshock was never scary to me. Deadspace on the otherhand....wonderful. Perfect sound effects (those random screams, or the sound of something slithering through that pipe you just walked past).

While it's not my kind of game (I like to shoot stuff), I'm looking forward to see what this has to offer.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Looks interesting to play but also looks like it has the same thing every other haunted exploration horror game has: shitty or no story at all other than a few "Why me?!" remarks by the character who completely chose to go into the murderer's-lair looking house.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Hahahahaha at 2:00 they have so many bioshock assets blocking off the next room. I'm more excited for the other game that 2k has in the works.