Project CARS supposed to get increased performance thanks to DX12 says the dev

Bouzoo

Since Win10 is launching soon, the devs have started on optimizing their games for DX12, and according to Slightly Mad Studios boss, Ian Bell, it's going really good (who would've thought any different).

Bell said: "With DX12 the Xbox will perform extremely well for us. With the upcoming imminent patches it's already much better. We'll need to do some work of course but the way our engine is structured lends itself to the main benefits of DX12. We never said we'd run 30 cars at night in the rain at 60. We said the game runs at 60FPS, which it does. So Gran Turismo, but it drops to 20's under heavy action in the wet at night".

He continued: "For the most part we remain well above 40 during heavy action. And as I've said, this will only improve as DX12 comes online and we keep tweaking. Don't worry about mentioning Forza5 but the comparison doesn't work. It has a single time of day fully baked static lighting with no weather. It's also a single platform 1st party exclusive".

Another dev claiming that DX12 is gonna be an improvement. I really hope we get some in-game benchmarks soon so we can see just how big of an improvement.

Source

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

#DX12Hype!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Maybe now the mythical Radeon issues will go away.

nw2zPn1.gif

Meh. I'm still not gonna buy this game. Making a game that basically only supports one GPU vendor is just disgusting. They claim that this was a PC first title, yet they needed Nvidia to do all of the optimizing. Unforgivable.

Would love for Ubisoft to make a dx12 patch for Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed Unity.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

So will the PC version be updated to DX12?

He only mentions Xbox.

Hard to get excited when we haven't seen real world benchmarks.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Right first it was AMD's fault and we were supposed to ignore the Nvidia logos plastered all over the game. Then even Nvidia cards struggle in the rain, now let's kick the ball further away by saying "Oh just wait for DX12"

Fuck this guys.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Right first it was AMD's fault and we were supposed to ignore the Nvidia logos plastered all over the game. Then even Nvidia cards struggle in the rain, now let's kick the ball further away by saying "Oh just wait for DX12"

Fuck this guys.

Radeon cards were the ones struggling in rain I thought.

It's everything. A 780ti goes from 68 fps average to 39 fps average: http://www.techspot.com/review/1000-project-cars-benchmarks/page2.html

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Fuck this guys.

Nvidia invested in its Tesselation engine for Maxwell and exploited that. Get over it. Nvidia's next generation cards are in fact next generation in perf/watt and in features and some performance areas even if not across the board. AMD needs to catch up or hand ATI over to Intel.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Nvidia invested in its Tesselation engine for Maxwell and exploited that. Get over it.

Yeah that's really nice of you to tell all Kepler owners to just "get over it" when this are settings that they could easily have the option to tune it down if the developer gave a fuck about anything other than accepting Nvidia money to get "gameworks" on it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Didn't Phil Spencer, the Corportate Vice President of Xbox, said DX12 wouldn't affect Xbox One as much? What's with the conflicting information. I think the Corportate Vice President of Xbox would be more right than a game developer who couldn't even create their own physic engine and uses Nvidia's proprietary PhysX instead since Need for Speed Shift 1.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

Meh. I'm still not gonna buy this game. Making a game that basically only supports one GPU vendor is just disgusting. They claim that this was a PC first title, yet they needed Nvidia to do all of the optimizing. Unforgivable.

That's literally every developer ever, almost. Sorry.

Would love for Ubisoft to make a dx12 patch for Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed Unity.

Watch_dogs is dead and way too old for them to bother. The game goes for under $10 on steam 90% of the time.

They are already working on W_D 2 anyway.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Yeah that's really nice of you to tell all Kepler owners to just "get over it" when this are settings that they could easily have the option to tune it down if the developer gave a fuck about anything other than accepting Nvidia money to get "gameworks" on it.

I don't know how you guys can say they accepted money from Nvidia when you haven't seen the contract.

Watch_dogs is dead and way too old for them to bother. The game goes for under $10 on steam 90% of the time.

They are already working on W_D 2 anyway.

I hope to God that game is good, man.

You realize that AMD makes the console hardware yes?

Maybe that's the real problem with consoles. The AMD tech inside them that runs hotter than it would for less performance than it would have, had it been made by Nvidia.

Just wild speculation.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Fuck this guys.

It's everything. A 780ti goes from 68 fps average to 39 fps average: http://www.techspot.com/review/1000-project-cars-benchmarks/page2.html

While I dunno my numbers I never had complaints about how the game ran in the rain. been playing for many years now. Sure fps is lower but it was never crippling.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I hope to God that game is good, man.

Me too but its Ubisoft game. So i have no hopes for it.

They delayed Division and if the game doesnt look lile E3 demo then they fucked us up our asses again and they deserve nothing but bankcorruptcy.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Didn't Phil Spencer, the Corportate Vice President of Xbox, said DX12 wouldn't affect Xbox One as much? What's with the conflicting information. I think the Corportate Vice President of Xbox would be more right than a game developer who couldn't even create their own physic engine and uses Nvidia's proprietary PhysX instead since Need for Speed Shift 1.

Even though they did use their own physics engine and physx was nothing more then for particle effects.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I don't know how you guys can say they accepted money from Nvidia when you haven't seen the contract.

because omfg there are nvidia logos on signs in the game dont you know what that means?! and nvidia is the devil and nvidia is trying to undercut the competition and nvidia funded Nazi germany and nvidia eats babies while kicking puppies.

System Specs

Maybe that's the real problem with consoles. The AMD tech inside them that runs hotter than it would for less performance than it would have, had it been made by Nvidia.

NVIDIA didn't have any TDP advantage at the time, that came with Maxwell. The consoles are not really weak for the price. Considering the prices Sony and Microsoft wanted to sell them at there was no way they could put something as powerful as a GeForce 680 or radeon 7970 in there. Unless they were willing to sell the hardware at a big loss, which they weren't..

NVIDIA didn't have any TDP advantage at the time, that came with Maxwell. The consoles are not really weak for the price. Considering the prices Sony and Microsoft wanted to sell them at there was no way they could put something as powerful as a GeForce 680 or radeon 7970 in there. Unless they were willing to sell the hardware at a big loss, which they weren't..

If I remember correctly, the amazing thing about the 360 and the PS3 was that both MS and Sony sold them for at more of a loss.

Meh, I guess I'm just sick of the AMD v. Nvidia argument. Nvidia does what they do, and AMD....does whatever the hell it is they do, which from what I've seen and read, is pretty much nothing but rebrand their old cards, make vague promises about newer technologies that never come into actual existence, etc.

In the end, I don't care who does what, I just want MOAR POWAAAA for less money. Something I think everyone can agree on.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Even though they did use their own physics engine and physx was nothing more then for particle effects.

I wanna say PhysX was used for their physics engine in general, including collision.