The Salladtron 5000 has evolved!

My third post hear discussing the Salladtron 5000 and its variations.  (Click here and here for the other two!) I am a graduating high school student looking to build an affordable, but long living and beast of a gaming rig.  This is my first build and I have learned quite a lot!  The help in these forums has been more than I expected and I am quite thrilled to be about ready to pull the trigger.  After many variations I have come up with this!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($279.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: Asus Z87-Pro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($124.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($412.40 @ Newegg Canada) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.46 @ DirectCanada) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($39.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Total: $1241.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-26 19:19 EDT-0400

What do you guys think?  Any changes?  At this point my budget cant go any higher so the price I am at now is more or less my limit!  

Thanks for reading!

P.S Any advice on when to buy?  The 970 two free games deal seems awesome...

Salad has one L

Salad has one L

Not if you pronounce it fancily.

I'm assuming the pronunciation 'sallard' kinda?

Sig under construction.

Salad has one L

Not in my username it doesn't! :P  I will let you in on a secret.  I chose to spell it with two "L"s for a good reason.  It has hidden meaning.  If you can figure it out you get 100 free internet points.  

Sal LAD

Not in my username it doesn't! :P  I will let you in on a secret.  I chose to spell it with two "L"s for a good reason.  It has hidden meaning.  If you can figure it out you get 100 free internet points.  

Because you've always spelled it with two 'l's?

Sig under construction.

My third post hear discussing the Salladtron 5000 and its variations.  (Click here and here for the other two!) I am a graduating high school student looking to build an affordable, but long living and beast of a gaming rig.  This is my first build and I have learned quite a lot!  The help in these forums has been more than I expected and I am quite thrilled to be about ready to pull the trigger.  After many variations I have come up with this!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($279.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: Asus Z87-Pro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($124.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($412.40 @ Newegg Canada) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.46 @ DirectCanada) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($39.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Total: $1241.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-26 19:19 EDT-0400

What do you guys think?  Any changes?  At this point my budget cant go any higher so the price I am at now is more or less my limit!  

Thanks for reading!

P.S Any advice on when to buy?  The 970 two free games deal seems awesome...

Get a G1 Gaming 970 over the MSI one and the Z87 board will need a bios update which you'll need a G3258 to do.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Get a G1 Gaming 970 over the MSI one and the Z87 board will need a bios update which you'll need a G3258 to do.

Why do I need a g3258 for the bios update?  I am aware it needs one (an update), but I didn't think it required other parts.  

edit: Also why the gpu change?  May I ask you to explain the reasoning?

Spongebob. Thats why you spell it that way. 

Its easy to forget peripherals when pricing out parts. And operating systems. And surge protector. And while your at it if you have a machine that hits 150 fps on some games why dont you have a 144 hz monitor, and on and on the mind goes until your wallet is empty. (My budget was lost a long time ago, and I am butt-hurt over it, you dont really need a 144 hz monitor)

I7 5820K, ASUS ROG Matrix GTX 980, 16 GB 2400 DDR4, 

Ask me phone questions. I teach people how to use them for a living.  

Why do I need a g3258 for the bios update?  I am aware it needs one (an update), but I didn't think it required other parts.  

edit: Also why the gpu change?  May I ask you to explain the reasoning?

No it does not need a G3258 to update the BIOS. Yes there's a chance the the board might need a BIOS update, but you don't need another CPU. Asus has a feature called "USB BIOS Flashback" which allows you flash / update a BIOS without a compatible CPU.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Spongebob. Thats why you spell it that way. 

Its easy to forget peripherals when pricing out parts. And operating systems. And surge protector. And while your at it if you have a machine that hits 150 fps on some games why dont you have a 144 hz monitor, and on and on the mind goes until your wallet is empty. (My budget was lost a long time ago, and I am butt-hurt over it, you dont really need a 144 hz monitor)

Peripherals and such I have already handled.  Thanks for the reminder though!  I have seen my friend completely forget such things before.  It was sad when he had a beast rig with no os.  

No it does not need a G3258 to update the BIOS. Yes there's a chance the the board might need a BIOS update, but you don't need another CPU. Asus has a feature called "USB BIOS Flashback" which allows you flash / update a BIOS without a compatible CPU.

Phew!  That is what I thought.  Thanks for the clarification! 

So lucky. That is basically the perfect build. 

tumblr_mrwwne62Ac1sfq24no1_500.jpg

tumblr_m0e5yqqU371r78el1o1_500.jpg

Close...but still not spongebob. :D  

And thanks for the compliment!