2K teased a new game: MAYBE IT'S A NEW BIOSHOCK?

Bloodyvalley

Bioshock games take while.... Infinite still looks gorgeous on GPU's on Ultra now....a few years later. I think they invested like 5 years to make Infinite. Everything from the visuals to the in game acting/ voice overs were AAA quality. You don't see many games quite like Infinite out there even if they tend to make more money. Imagine if a Call of Duty had the people from the Bioshock .... Maybe they'd actually make a decent game since the very first COD. The one I enjoyed most was COD2 as far as MP goes because of the later mods... just really funny mods.  COD3... skipped that one.  Enjoyed COD4 but that was the last one I enjoyed on the public level. Once servers closed... that was that for COD. The console Matchmaking can go to hell.

I can't believe how well Infinite ran too. I could get a locked 60 fps maxed out on my GTX 970 running it with a stock Pentium G3258. I loved Infinite, I thought it was even better than the first Bioshock.

I can't believe how well Infinite ran too. I could get a locked 60 fps maxed out on my GTX 970 running it with a stock Pentium G3258. I loved Infinite, I thought it was even better than the first Bioshock.

Well Infinite was just using a modified version of UE3. On a technical side the graphics are far from impressive or even great, the texture work was a complete mess. However like with the first game (which used a very heavily modified version of UE2) the art style is what makes it stand out. I think I still like the first game more if only for the look and feel of the world, but Infinite was a special game.

I'm totally down for a new Bioshock game with some new minds behind it. Maybe get a group together that can finally give the series the good gameplay it deseves and then hire some good hard sci-fi writers to craft the story.

Hopefully when they do make one it's more like BioShock 1 and not the mess that infinite was

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I'd like a futuristic BioShock :)

I know right! Imagine infinite in 2111 instead of 1911.

HYPPEEEEEEE

Hopefully when they do make one it's more like BioShock 1 and not the mess that infinite was

Was that a joke?

Was that a joke?

BioShock infinite has bad gameplay, a game with bad game play is a bad game, bad shooting, bad level design

The story is back loaded with minimal actual plot until the third act, the twists were so weak you wouldn't surprise a toddler

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

honestly so sick of speculation and rumours and ambiguous teasers. I wish they would just reveal/ give a good taste of whats coming instead of just trying to build a massive hype train. so annoying. Battlefront is such a prime example of this. 

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Was that a joke?

Read my post on page one, Infinite is a mess.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

2K Australia is only a supporting studio almost every game has several studios working on it.

Bioshock was made by Irrational Games with support by 2K Australia.

They are not just a "supporting" studio. 2K Australia is the 2nd half of Irrational Studio before they split and merge again but still at different geological places just like Bioware and Ubisoft.

With Ubisoft particularly they have like three studios working on the same project at the same time.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

With a good Publisher behind Bungie they can do anything!

Seriously, I wonder how good Destiny would have been if Activison didn't get their greedy paw's on it...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

All aboard the hype train even though its unlikely...

Irrational Games made Bioshock. They shut down some months ago.

Actually, they only down sized.

If you read Ken Levine's letter, he never states that they are shutting down. Rather the following,

I am winding down Irrational Games as you know it. I’ll be starting a smaller, more entrepreneurial endeavor at Take-Two.

In fact, they are even currently hiring. Their most recent job offereing is for an Audio Lead (posted March 17, 2015, only two months ago). Here is the most solid evidence that they have not shutdown and will continue to use the Irrational Games name:

Irrational Games is currently hard at work on a new project that will provide the right candidate the potential to work on exciting new game experiences.

In terms of who actually is allowed to make another Bioshock game, Levine's letter explains,

I’m handing the reins of our creation, the BioShock universe, to 2K … .

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ