NVIDIA Tesla C2070 For Gaming?

static84
Go to solution Solved by ManWithBeard1990,

Compute cards like the Tesla are really only meant to accelerate applications that use CUDA. You only really need to buy them if that's what you're doing, and you need very dense computing power. A server rack can house many of these right next to each other and where the reference cooler on a consumer GPU uses a blower fan to take air in from in between the cards these things have no fan at all, instead relying on high performance chassis fans to push the through the larger heatsink this creates. It's loud, hot and doesn't make sense in a gaming machine. For that you'll want a general purpose graphics card from their GeForce line.

Quadro's are workstation GPUs and have some extra double precision performance unlocked compared to GeForce and, more importantly, better driver support for professional applications, which is of no use in games (they don't do double precision math and their drivers are in fact less optimised for gaming than the GeForce ones), and easily costs three times as much.

Couldn't really find any information on this, but does anyone know if the NVIDIA Tesla C2070 will improve gaming performance? Or is this just for editing?

Couldn't really find any information on this, but does anyone know if the NVIDIA Tesla C2070 will improve gaming performance? Or is this just for editing?

neither. it is for HPC

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

As long as I remember, tesla's don't have an output, and are crazy expensive... Don't take it unless you get it for free and can stream it to an actual monitor

Tesla is a compute card so will not affect the graphics performance of your system,

"If in doubt, use a bigger hammer" Anonymous

a 970 would be much better for gaming. Hell, for the price of that card you could get two 970's

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Tesla is a compute card so will not affect the graphics performance of your system,

If its a  compute card, shouldn't it increase performance in everything?

a 970 would be much better for gaming. Hell, for the price of that card you could get two 970's

It is not a GPU

As long as I remember, tesla's don't have an output, and are crazy expensive... Don't take it unless you get it for free and can stream it to an actual monitor

From my understanding you wont be streaming, it is more of an add on, to make processing faster.

It can't even render a game. It's made for very specific calculations.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

its a compute card. its literally made to do math very quickly and that is it lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I'm trying to find out if it there will be any performance increase to gaming or is it just for developers?

its a compute card. its literally made to do math very quickly and that is it lol

Yes, I get that it does math really quick, but our computers operate in binary and in order to communicate to other parts inside the computer our computers are constantly doing math problems. So if I get one of these Tesla cards, will normal every day operations including gaming be a lot faster or is it just for developing?

Yes, I get that it does math really quick, but our computers operate in binary, so if I get one of these Tesla cards, Will normal every day operations be a lot faster or is it just for developing?

no you will not benefit from it if you are not doing certain stuff that most people dont use their computers for (simulations of physics and that kind of stuff)

Yes, I get that it does math really quick, but our computers operate in binary, so if I get one of these Tesla cards, Will normal every day operations be a lot faster or is it just for developing?

the computer wont actively use the tesla card, you still need software to control the hardware and that you do not have. It isnt built into windows to use a tesla for x functions. Generally the only thing you can use a tesla for are specialized programs such as bitcoin mining software or password crackers to decode hashes or decode blocks or un-encrypt things much faster and more efficiently than the average GPU can. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

It does have one, looks like DVI.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

It does have one, looks like DVI.

Yep one DVI port.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/product_tesla_C2050_C2070_uk.html

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Compute cards like the Tesla are really only meant to accelerate applications that use CUDA. You only really need to buy them if that's what you're doing, and you need very dense computing power. A server rack can house many of these right next to each other and where the reference cooler on a consumer GPU uses a blower fan to take air in from in between the cards these things have no fan at all, instead relying on high performance chassis fans to push the through the larger heatsink this creates. It's loud, hot and doesn't make sense in a gaming machine. For that you'll want a general purpose graphics card from their GeForce line.

Quadro's are workstation GPUs and have some extra double precision performance unlocked compared to GeForce and, more importantly, better driver support for professional applications, which is of no use in games (they don't do double precision math and their drivers are in fact less optimised for gaming than the GeForce ones), and easily costs three times as much.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Thank you!