The Cubot One: A brilliantly made HTC One knockoff

A brilliantly made knock of the HTC One:

The Cubot One: A brilliantly made HTC One knockoff

Judging from the pictures I probably would have a hard time telling the real from the fake and quite honestly I am intrigued if this phone is "good enough" and how many people will settle into buying this.

I would have to admit if I haven't bought a phone already I might give this a try just to see if it as "smooth" as the article says it is and would it really bother me.

How is this legal and things like MERP aren't? Like really beataudio HTC don't have a problem with this?

this article is entirely missleading, it shows photos of the HTC one. 
Yes the Cubot One is similar. but its not that identical and easy to spot the difference
2013721139271914825.jpg
2013721142313944524.jpg
2013721150329411707.jpg

Source:http://www.cubot.net/Mobilephone.aspx?id=62

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Which has the better screen? I'm don't know which is better. I heard from Linus IPS is pretty good.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

Which has the better screen? I'm don't know which is better. I heard from Linus IPS is pretty good.

I'd say the Actual one, but this seems like a bloody good quality Chinese phone.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I thought the knockoff phone looked so nicely made and designed but when I saw the real knockoff it looks so ugly because the front camera hole is way too big.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

For a knockoff it's ok'ish but there are some chinese phones that can be quite impressive such as Oppo, Xiaomi or ZTE. One that really impressed me for a chinese phone is Lando X02. Shame some of those phones can be quite hard to get :/