Fans for Swiftech rad

I currently have this radiator: http://www.syscooling.com/products/Radiators/52.html

but am very disappointed with the temps I am getting. 

I will be upgrading to this radiator today:

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=72237&promoid=1294v

Do you think the Swiftech will be a lot better performing?

Also, I recently started a thread about which fans to buy, but since I will be upgrading my radiator I need some new advice. The Corsair SP120 Quiet Editions are out of stock on NCIX (I can only order from there this time due to shipping issues), so I need a good set of 120mm fans that are optimized for PULL and not push or push/pull. Thanks for the help :)

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Dude.... PLEASE dont go with the corsair ones i told you that already... they are just OVERRATED cause everything corsair makes is ''good'' but that's it lol.

And yeah the rad will perform a lil better but not much , make sure to flush it when it arrives that means putting destilled water in shake it just like you would do with a cocktail mixer , repeat this till all the gunk is gone.

As is said in the other threaths  , Scythe gentle typhoons , NF-F12's , Noiseblockers , The new silverstone fans , Cougar fans all better and sometjimes cheaper than the Corsair ones

Interested in Business and Technology

You probably won't see much of a difference between those two rads.  More radiator = lower temps so if you want to lower your temps you'll need more radiator space and as a general rule, the thicker the rad, the better the performance.  What are you cooling?  Watercooling questions cannot be answered in detail without system specs and what you plan on cooling.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

You probably won't see much of a difference between those two rads.  More radiator = lower temps so if you want to lower your temps you'll need more radiator space and as a general rule, the thicker the rad, the better the performance.  What are you cooling?  Watercooling questions cannot be answered in detail without system specs and what you plan on cooling.

CPU only :) I am going to order 2 Gentle Typhoons @1850rpm

But if radiator upgrade will not make a difference in temps then I might as well not upgrade the rad and just get better fans

Dude.... PLEASE dont go with the corsair ones i told you that already... they are just OVERRATED cause everything corsair makes is ''good'' but that's it lol.

And yeah the rad will perform a lil better but not much , make sure to flush it when it arrives that means putting destilled water in shake it just like you would do with a cocktail mixer , repeat this till all the gunk is gone.

As is said in the other threaths  , Scythe gentle typhoons , NF-F12's , Noiseblockers , The new silverstone fans , Cougar fans all better and sometjimes cheaper than the Corsair ones

They're a pretty good choice of fan if you don't like Noctua's colors and their rings can be painted to make them even more suitable for other rigs. They perform similarly to NF-F12s.

They're a pretty good choice of fan if you don't like Noctua's colors and their rings can be painted to make them even more suitable for other rigs. They perform similarly to NF-F12s.

Yes but the sound that comes off them... you can't beat the quiet humm that comes from the noctuas. I mean i'm a silent freak so maybe some people don't care but i certainly do lol

Interested in Business and Technology

Yes but the sound that comes off them... you can't beat the quiet humm that comes from the noctuas. I mean i'm a silent freak so maybe some people don't care but i certainly do lol

The Quiet Editions are quiet, though. It's the Performance Editions that are loud.

I currently have this radiator: http://www.syscooling.com/products/Radiators/52.html

but am very disappointed with the temps I am getting. 

would think so, aluminum radiator? i know no one recommended one of these for your rig.

always copper or copper/brass. best for thermal transfer. complete garbage. at this point

any radiator from a well-known water-cooling company would be better than what you

have now.

simple XSPC 1650 fans would be fine or the 1200's, but depending on what radiator choice

you end up will usually dictate a fan option. what fans are you currently running?

airdeano

the Alphacool ST30 240mm Radiator would be better. allow the use of low-speed

fans a lot better than that high fpi radiator. so you can get a XSPC 1200 and under-volt

it without cooling performance degradation.

airdeano

the Alphacool ST30 240mm Radiator would be better. allow the use of low-speed

fans a lot better than that high fpi radiator. so you can get a XSPC 1200 and under-volt

it without cooling performance degradation.

airdeano

It's out of stock at FrozenCPU and I need a rad I can order on NCIX :)

Can you please help me decide between the Black Ice 240 and the Swiftech?

Can you please help me decide between the Black Ice 240 and the Swiftech?

I'm assuming you're referring to the GTS 240 since that's the only 240 slim rad HWLabs offers.  It's not a bad rad, performance wise, but it does have an insanely high fpi so you'd need fans with insanely high static pressure for the best performance which will probably result in a louder rig.  If you're going for silence and absolutely need a slim rad, I'd say go for the XSPC RS240 or the Alphacool airdeano mentioned. 

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB

I'm assuming you're referring to the GTS 240 since that's the only 240 slim rad HWLabs offers.  It's not a bad rad, performance wise, but it does have an insanely high fpi so you'd need fans with insanely high static pressure for the best performance which will probably result in a louder rig.  If you're going for silence and absolutely need a slim rad, I'd say go for the XSPC RS240 or the Alphacool airdeano mentioned. 

If you had to choose between the Swiftech MCR220-XP and the Black Ice, which one would you choose and why?

why not get something a bit thicker?  45mm or even 60mm?  or is space a constraint?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

why not get something a bit thicker?  45mm or even 60mm?  or is space a constraint?

CM 690 II Advanced :P

^sorry, not terribly familiar with that case... so it is cause of space constraints?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

^sorry, not terribly familiar with that case... so it is cause of space constraints?

Yea

If you had to choose between the Swiftech MCR220-XP and the Black Ice, which one would you choose and why?

If it was just between those two, then I'd go for the Swiftech one.  Lower fpi means fans don't have to sound like turbines.  It still has a pretty high fpi (20 fpi) but it's better than the GTS (35 fpi).  Still make sure that you have good fans.  Noctua NF-F12, Noctua NF-P12, Silverstone AP121, Silverstone AP123, Gelid Wing 12, Noiseblocker BlackSilentPro 1400rpm are all good fans. 

Current Rig