Is it safe to put stuff in program files/program filesx86

MaximusX

In title. Installing a program from a zip and want to have it there.

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

i actually do this a lot myself, because thats where programs are supposed to go.

EDIT: i will find and hurt you if you put programs in your downloads folder...

i actually do this a lot myself, because thats where programs are supposed to go.

Ok

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

as long as the program is safe, after all thats where i hide my stash if you know what i'm sayin

Nothing to see here, move along

I do all the time... your move.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Lol I have nothing in my downloads folder, but is it safe?(I feel dumb)

you can even put the files in your windows folder, having files in the most random places doesnt do any damage.

the only reason the specific folders (like /windows and /program files) exist is to properly organise files in the place they fit.

its like a bookshelf, you can have your books all over in no order, and they're all readable just fine, but to the human eye its more pleasing to see them sorted.

(+1 to the clean downloads folder)

you can even put the files in your windows folder, having files in the most random places doesnt do any damage.

the only reason the specific folders (like /windows and /program files) exist is to properly organise files in the place they fit.

its like a bookshelf, you can have your books all over in no order, and they're all readable just fine, but to the human eye its more pleasing to see them sorted.

(+1 to the clean downloads folder)

Learned alot from my last pc when I would never clean it out.

No problem at all, you can put them anywhere you like, as long as you have write privileges to that folder (I assume you have an admin account?). There's no risk of doing any damage as long as you don't delete anything important by mistake in the process.

I do all the time... your move.

battleOfAzanulbizar3.png

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Learned alot from my last pc when I would never clean it out.

i like to have downloads empty, so whenever i download something, my download folder actually contains what i just downloaded.

battleOfAzanulbizar3.png

As a bit of a pyro who prefers the dark, I want a Balrog. it would be nice to have my own personal Valaraukar.

Other question Why is there a picture of a Balrog titled with battle of Azanulbizar?

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

No problem at all, you can put them anywhere you like, as long as you have write privileges to that folder (I assume you have an admin account?). There's no risk of doing any damage as long as you don't delete anything important by mistake in the process.

battleOfAzanulbizar3.png

you-shall-not-pass-5468a674944b8.jpg

:3

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

I want a Balrog.

Who wouldn't ^^ so cute... (found the pic on google btw...)

you-shall-not-pass-5468a674944b8.jpg

:3

Who says I only have one?  B)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Who wouldn't ^^ so cute... (found the pic on google btw...)

Who says I only have one?  B)

Lets be fair you have none. They followed  Morgoth not you. Now go play with your ring.

Edit: Oh wait you can't find it.

If (32-bit compatible == true){

go for "Program Files (x86)";

}

else{

go for "Program Files";

}

There's always a way...

Lets be fair you have none. They followed  Morgoth not you. Now go play with your ring.

Edit: Oh wait you can't find it.

that's what you think ;)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*