a possible 1st peace of tech needed for trip to mars is designed?

T8z5h3

hi,

the most importent peaces of tech are always overlooked.

-the computer chair

-the desk

-the power surply

and when your going to another planet the flag?

well no more here is what nasa is pushing for the flag for mars called  International Flag of Planet Earth

more info here:

http://www.space.com/29452-international-flag-planet-earth-design.html?adbid=10152824410321466&adbpl=fb&adbpr=17610706465&cmpid=514630_20150521_46204156&short_code=317w8

http://www.flagofplanetearth.com/#intro-shift

thoughts?

thanks for reading.

Mars colonists, like everyone in a hazardous environment, will need duct tape and lots of it that's for sure.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

i really really like the idea! The Flag is kinda cool but kinda not. mhh... not sure ^^

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Yeah, I've skimmed over an article showing the flag.

It makes you think, doesn't it. How incredibly knowledgeable and talented the people who would make such long-distance travel possible. Then we look at ourselves, and ask ourselves WTF we've been doing with our lives. It's pretty sobering.

Anyways. Who is to say, that some alien hasn't seen our galaxy and just broadly proclaimed it to be theirs already? Like how people way back when, proclaiming the entirety of North America to be theirs. Sometimes I wonder what the future will be like. I imagine it being like the Elder Scrolls: You can know the future, but there is a huge price. Come to think of it, people in the past have wanted to see and live in the future, but we live it and take it for granted. :)

I think the funny thing is, even if we go interstellar, people will still be divided over many small things, even after they see how small Earth is and how we all once lived together. Smart apes, is what we are.

I think the flag is OK. Works for me.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I don't mind the flag, but I somehow see the future of the world ending up in a world government similar to the EU.  Eh, the flag works.  

Please correct the title OP

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

the fact that we still think we need to plant a "flag" is the reason why other civilizations probably avoid us all together....

Yeah, I've skimmed over an article showing the flag.

It makes you think, doesn't it. How incredibly knowledgeable and talented the people who would make such long-distance travel possible. Then we look at ourselves, and ask ourselves WTF we've been doing with our lives. It's pretty sobering.

Anyways. Who is to say, that some alien hasn't seen our galaxy and just broadly proclaimed it to be theirs already? Like how people way back when, proclaiming the entirety of North America to be theirs. Sometimes I wonder what the future will be like. I imagine it being like the Elder Scrolls: You can know the future, but there is a huge price. Come to think of it, people in the past have wanted to see and live in the future, but we live it and take it for granted. :)

I think the funny thing is, even if we go interstellar, people will still be divided over many small things, even after they see how small Earth is and how we all once lived together. Smart apes, is what we are.

I think the flag is OK. Works for me.

Man did you go deep :P

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Mars colonists, like everyone in a hazardous environment, will need duct tape and lots of it that's for sure.

Don't forget the zip ties and safety pins.

Don't forget the zip ties and safety pins.

And the JB-Weld for permanent repairs. And super glue.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Man did you go deep :P

If you say so... I don't think it's deep enough. This is space man... future of our species. It can't not be deep.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

If you say so... I don't think it's deep enough. This is space man... future of our species. It can't not be deep.

Yeah of course it is the future of our species. If we manage to develop technology for interstellar travel before we fucking destroy ourselves :P

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

tin_foil_hat.gif

This article just got me thinking:

Anyone  ever feel like we really fucking need some technologically advanced aliens or something to come to our planet and be face-to-face with our people, if nothing else, just so we can learn that the stupid shit we're fighting and killing eachother over on this planet pales in comparison to the fact that there's an entire universe out there, and we aren't the only things that matter.

Most large organizations would probably use such an event for their own agendas, yes, but I think all in all it would be very sobering for humanity as a whole, and teach us that we should be a bit more careful with this planet we're fucking over for our own temporary benefit.

->>> Back to the topic at hand: really don't like the design, but love the concept that we need a design.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

Olympic circles on steroids... Or Olympic Games flag had threesome with Audi.

I don't like that flag design at all.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Olympic circles on steroids... Or Olympic Games flag had threesome with Audi.

I don't like that flag design at all.

That flag is just gay looking, although I guess that's a bit incorrect because gay people have more style than whoever designed that flag.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yeah of course it is the future of our species. If we manage to develop technology for interstellar travel before we fucking destroy ourselves  :P

Short but a good point to think about... maybe we'll end up nuking ourselves back a few hundred years or into extinction. 

I think space does make me get all philosophical, because it helps to answer questions about our place in the universe. Sometimes I think it's best to stand back and realize how petty our squabbles are. SPREAD DA LOVE

tin_foil_hat.gif

This article just got me thinking:

Anyone  ever feel like we really fucking need some technologically advanced aliens or something to come to our planet and be face-to-face with our people, if nothing else, just so we can learn that the stupid shit we're fighting and killing eachother over on this planet pales in comparison to the fact that there's an entire universe out there, and we aren't the only things that matter.

Most large organizations would probably use such an event for their own agendas, yes, but I think all in all it would be very sobering for humanity as a whole, and teach us that we should be a bit more careful with this planet we're fucking over for our own temporary benefit.

->>> Back to the topic at hand: really don't like the design, but love the concept that we need a design.

How is that tin foil hat speak, lol. I don't see humanity changing any time soon, people will be people and there will be good people and petty people.

Violence has dramatically decreased throughout time though.

How is that tin foil hat speak, lol. I don't see humanity changing any time soon, people will be people and there will be good people and petty people.

Violence has dramatically decreased throughout time though.

I dunno, aliens or something

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

simple enough a child can draw it from memory. this is a perfect flag.

Chances of lifeforms physically traveling large distances through space and visiting us are slim-to-none.  Firstly, we would have to be found... not likely.  Any materials found here on earth can be found in multitude out there, everywhere...our galaxy alone is monstrous in size.  What would be the motivation to come here?

Are we (smart apes), worth contacting?

Bottom line, we are alone for the most part.  Harnessing our resources (material and intellectual) and using them to further our slim chance at survival in this cosmos is all we can do.

Are we (smart apes), worth contacting?

any civilization with this amount of tech is worth contacting. even if its just for study. even if the ones making contact are more advance in tech. it's still a good study. y'know, for science!

any civilization with this amount of tech is worth contacting. even if its just for study. even if the ones making contact are more advance in tech. it's still a good study. y'know, for science!

So, you think our tech is valuable?  We have no other tech outside our reach to compare it to.  It's like thinking that we are intelligent... because we say so.  :D

A.I. Master Race!  Our best chance at "human" legacy in the universe... maybe?

@Mr.Jackson

So, you think our tech is valuable?  We have no other tech outside our reach to compare it to.  It's like thinking that we are intelligent... because we say so.  :D

A.I. Master Race!  Our best chance at "human" legacy in the universe... maybe?

didn't say our tech was valuable. I mean humans interacting with this level of tech (its somewhat early computing tech) would be a nice study; to watch our behaviour and record it (written or w/e, y'know)

didn't say our tech was valuable. I mean humans interacting with this level of tech (its somewhat early computing tech) would be a nice study; to watch our behaviour and record it (written or w/e, y'know)

You are assuming this interaction/communication is useful for study by any life other than our own here on earth... refer to the video above.