America vs UK prices = i cri evertim

SauronsV

America - 2nd ammendment

+ health care

= nice country

I can't say what america really needs  subtracted from it with out getting banned from the internet and possibly life lol.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

That's VAT. The Americans instead get to cry when they pay for health care or education.

Michiganders cry when we have to pay fucking bills. Car insurance is higher, heath insurance is higher, house payments are higher, gas is higher, and you get paid less... This is all in comparison to Kentucky.

EDIT: For example, here, if my dad and I were to be insured on our '08 CVPI, it would be about $600 a month. Kentucky? LESS THAN $200.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I travel back and forth between the UK and US and yes, in-general electronics do tend to be cheaper in the US. Take for example a Samsung laptop I bought last visit after dropping my Fujitsu going through TSA. I saved about £130 over buying the identical model here in the UK. Now even taking into account VAT etc, It would still have cost between £50 and £60 more to buy it here. However, its not just electronic. I'm also into custom cars and bought a set of headlight last year costing the equivalent of £89. Same ones here, £329.95 and they are made in Germany!

However, as others have pointed out, there are many things in the US which are way more expensive than the UK. So, don't think the grass is greener, its not, its about the same. LOL!

meanwhile in here.

Asus Geforce GTX 780 OC STRIX 6GB DDR5 STRIX-GTX780-OC-6GD5 Rp 8,623,000 (657.123 USD)

Asus Geforce GTX 970 DirectCU II OC 4GB DDR5 STRIX GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 Rp 5,858,000 (446.421 USD)

pick your poison.

All the way in localhost

/jk

I cri evertim.

A GTX 970 costs 272 pounds on amazon UK, and in amazon US it costs an equivalent of 215 pounds. A GTX costs an equivalent of 360 pounds in amazon US and in uk it cost 470 pounds. A i7 4790k cost an equivalent of 215 pounds. In UK amazon it cost 262. 

i cri evertim 

My build costed 950 pounds from amazon UK, it would have cost less than 700 pounds if I were able to order parts from ameirca.

I hope me QQing amused you greatly.

I like penguins and pandas because they are not racist. They are super kawaii and they like to eat popcorn on a super sunny day with a temperature of about 69 degrees celsius in Antartica

I did not type this while in the nude ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

At least you don't live in Quebec... They have like 15% tax on top of the regular Canadian taxes, plus import fees if you happen to order from somewhere outside Quebec. And that's if they even ALLOW you to import your parts

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

America - 2nd ammendment - guns - racism - military 

+ health care + free education

= nice country

fixed

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

At least you don't live in Quebec... They have like 15% tax on top of the regular Canadian taxes, plus import fees if you happen to order from somewhere outside Quebec. And that's if they even ALLOW you to import your parts

Well...They're Quebec. They wanna be different.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yeah, you in UK have a really similiar situation as we have in Poland. GTX 970 is around 1600 zloty (276 pounds), GTX 980 is around 2600 zloty (450 pounds) and i7 4970k is around 1530 zloty (264 pounds). It's because our VAT in Poland is 23%. But the worst thing is that in UK your minimal income per month is around 970 pounds and in poland it's around 290 pounds, so yeah. You can at least be happy that you're not in Poland right now :P 

at least you don't have to put up with irish prices which are affected by the currency exchange between the euro and the pound because most of the distributors are from the uk  

Meanwhile in Netherlands a good 970 is 370 euro....

We win in other ways. The USA has very draconian data limits for speed and usage compared to the UK. I get Fiber optic internet with 60mb download speeds for £17 a month and my phone has unlimited calls, texts and 8Gb of 4G data for £26 a month. Those deals are almost unthinkable in the USA and Canada i believe.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

That's VAT. The Americans instead get to cry when they pay for health care or education.

Oh god you've made me so sad! Just let me wipe my tears on my missiles, helicopters, and tanks! You're going to make me cry so much I could solve California's water crisis!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Meandwhile here in Norway a 970 is more like 300 pounds...

FML

Same here ... And the 960 is $275 !!!

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Meanwhile in Netherlands a good 970 is 370 euro....

Yeah.

The cheapest GTX 970 on PCPartPicker is the MSI reference-cooled OC GTX 970 for $308,99 or €281,45

Meanwhile over in the Netherlands...

The very same GTX 970 on Tweakers.net (best tech comparison site imo) costs €344 or $377,76

For the money I save I could buy myself something really nice! I might actually try and find out to see how much it costs to ship stuff from 'merica to here.

VAT is 21% here though...

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Yeah.

The cheapest GTX 970 on PCPartPicker is the MSI reference-cooled OC GTX 970 for $308,99 or €281,45

Meanwhile over in the Netherlands...

The very same GTX 970 on Tweakers.net (best tech comparison site imo) costs €344 or $377,76

For the money I save I could buy myself something really nice! I might actually try and find out to see how much it costs to ship stuff from 'merica to here.

VAT is 21% here though...

Don't even bother, I wouldn't try to if I were you. Because you would get 21% tax on it anyway if it get's imported.

Don't even bother, I wouldn't try to if I were you. Because you would get 21% tax on it anyway if it get's imported.

I checked other GPUs, and it should be (almost) worth it on GPUs like GTX 750 Ti/R9 280, since the price difference is up to 35%.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Plus the cost to ship it here,

It would be cheaper to just order it here,or,if you're close to the border with germany,just buy it there in a shop,it seems it's a bit cheaper there.

Well what about Canadians... we pay similar price free care ayyy