AMD says Nvidia’s GameWorks “completely sabotaged” Witcher 3 performance

FYI I buy the parts that perform best while fitting my budget. Eg, if the FX 8350 was actually better in games (note-games) than my i5 4440, I'd have bought it. If the R9 290X performed significantly better than a GTX 970 at 1080p (it cost an extra $20 over my 970-$565 vs $585), I'd have bought it. How about you stop throwing the word fanboy around as it doesn't describe who you are talking about at all.

It sounds like all the Android fans who blast you if you don't like Material design. We're allowed to be fans and still categorically dislike a company. Shocking concept I know.

-snip-

Souce:

Nah, it means to victorious fore sure, else he wouldn't have mentioned it - i just said, if it was a rule I was fine with it because he wouldn't be getting his objective of "shutting me up" lol

mind you the sentence is so broken you could twist it to mean anything.  But that is aside the point,  you said you would clearly comply with a rule that does not exist to prove a point you can't because you think we are all salty over something.  Except that there is no rule thus your making stuff up.

FYI I buy the parts that perform best while fitting my budget. Eg, if the FX 8350 was actually better in games (note-games) than my i5 4440, I'd have bought it. If the R9 290X performed significantly better than a GTX 970 at 1080p (it cost an extra $20 over my 970-$565 vs $585), I'd have bought it. How about you stop throwing the word fanboy around as it doesn't describe who you are talking about at all.

He throws the fanboy word around a lot, basically anyone who disagrees with him is a fanboy, rational or not.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It sounds like all the Android fans who blast you if you don't like Material design. We're allowed to be fans and still categorically dislike a company. Shocking concept I know.

I myself dislike AMD and Intel (I miss the days of multiple 386 and 486 CPU vendors), and especially Nvidia after some of the stunts they tried earlier on. Though Intel also tried some BS with the L2 cache-less Celeron (I tried running a 300A with just the L1 cache, and even with a 100MHz FSB it crawled-no L2 cache would have been a nightmare), and AMD passed off CPU's that didn't run on a 100MHz FSB as the same model-except with a 66MHz FSB and a higher multiplier. Long story short, I dislike them all so I don't care what I buy, as long as its the best value for money.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I myself dislike AMD and Intel (I miss the days of multiple 386 and 486 CPU vendors), and especially Nvidia after some of the stunts they tried earlier on. Though Intel also tried some BS with the L2 cache-less Celeron (I tried running a 300A with just the L1 cache, and even with a 100MHz FSB it crawled-no L2 cache would have been a nightmare), and AMD passed off CPU's that didn't run on a 100MHz FSB as the same model-except with a 66MHz FSB and a higher multiplier. Long story short, I dislike them all so I don't care what I buy, as long as its the best value for money.

Life lesson is that EVERYONE is going to actively screw you, so do yourself a favour and simply get the most value back in return for being screwed.

Pretty sure prostitution was turned into a business from that philosophy.

I don't feel bad when any company cries about things being unfair. As if they would do anything differently if they were the leader. It's funny, the whiners always whine when they're losing and gain sympathy by pretending that they aren't gut maggots.

Of course, there's proper monopolistic practices but then There is above board business. You can complain about the former, you don't get to complain about the latter.

It seems the AMD fanboys are annoyed because it turned out Nvidia didn't do anything wrong (again) and that Huddy is just making AMD look bad with his petulant tirade trying to shift the blame again.

Grow up, we Like each others post because we actually agree with them.  Because they are basically correct in what they are saying.  You guys jumping so far sideways and turning this into a trivial attack (like farming?  <_< right.)  only goes to prove your motivation for posting is based on personal misgivings and not a rational understanding of the industry.

I'm curious, which of these people are AMD fanboys? People can point fingers in all directions and without inside information between CDP and Nvidia you will never know what really happened (and it will likely stay that way). All anyone here can do is build opinions based off the huge rumor mill battle staged between the companies. Some say Nvidia pushed GameWorks onto CDP two months before the game launched which would be an obvious sign that the developers never had a chance to optimize the game for any hardware (TITAN X only gets 30 FPS maxed out). A lot of people jump to assumptions quickly as well manipulating statements to work in favor of their company of choice. I'm surprised all of these Witcher 3 threads haven't been locked yet due to how much fabricated information exists on the web now coming from both sides. All that will come of it is people standing behind the companies that they are loyal to without any real reasons as to why. The perfect recipe for a fanboy war.

I'm curious, which of these people are AMD fanboys? People can point fingers in all directions and without inside information between CDP and Nvidia you will never know what really happened (and it will likely stay that way). All anyone here can do is build opinions based off the huge rumor mill battle staged between the companies. Some say Nvidia pushed GameWorks onto CDP two months before the game launched which would be an obvious sign that the developers never had a chance to optimize the game for any hardware (TITAN X only gets 30 FPS maxed out). A lot of people jump to assumptions quickly as well manipulating statements to work in favor of their company of choice.

Actually, I think you'll find we can build opinions off what many of the tech commentators have to say about this, you know there is a lot more than AMD and Nvidia who are commenting:

You can read PCper, watch the WAN,, Jays2c and barneclese not too mention the myriad of tech publications that have all pulled the issue apart and drawn some valid conclusions.  It seems the only people who are hell bent on concluding a concrete opinion they refuse to accept might be wrong, are the ones who think Nvidia have done this intentionally and that Huddy is right.  Even though nearly everyone else in the industry has disagreed and said that is not likely.

But feel free to keep flogging a dead horse. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Actually, I think you'll find we can build opinions of what many of the tech commentators have to say about this, you know there is a lot more than AMD and Nvidia who are commenting:

You can read PCper, watch the WAN,, Jays2c and barneclese not too mention the myriad of tech publications that have all pulled the issue apart and drawn some valid conclusions.  It seems the only people who are hell bent on concluding a concrete opinion they refuse to accept might be wrong, are the ones who think Nvidia have done this intentionally and that Huddy is right.  Even though nearly everyone else in the industry has disagreed and said that is not likely.

But feel free to keep flogging a dead horse. 

The problem is there are equally valid statements from both sides. We cannot draw a conclusion without any truthful inside information regarding the issue. All we can do is speculate treading on the surface. If I had the time I would reverse the GOG version of the game and pull up some factual conclusions but this game is one of them which serves of little interest to me (to the point I've never played any Witcher title). With that being said there's not much of a point in me buying it just so I can hack around the game code. The subject will be a never ending battle of "he said, she said" with people taking advantage of any opportunity they have to stand behind their company of choice. If I joined LTT a few years ago my team would of already had the game decompiled and would of drawn an unarguable conclusion but that's something I don't partake in doing anymore. These are the kind of debates that will last for weeks without any new credible information because that's just simply how it works. Personally, I don't take much part in it because it's not a game that interests me and it spares me the drama. Witcher 3 runs perfectly fine for me, because I don't play it.

Nvidia apologist much?You are tripping.

Who said anything aabout AMD,it runs like shit on nvidia too,and i didnt use hairworks ,any game using gameworks features is ruined, nvidia gpu or not,get over it,i run nvidia gpu's too.

I'm not being an apologist it's just that you call for a boycott on something that is enttirely optional and that creates no issue whatsoever. You acted like nvidia and cdpr are worst than hitler because they used gameworks. Every part of it is optional and is in no way needed to enjoy the game. So stop saying bullshit and don't call people apologist when they are just saying facts. 

If nvidia does something bad I'll gladlytalk about it, but here they, and cdpr, did nothing wrong by including gameworks

CPU: Intel i7 3770k | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | RAM: 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance Black | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | Case: Corsair C70 Black | Storage: 1x 120gb Crucial M4 SSD, 1x 2TB WD Black, 1x 2TB WD Green, 1x 250GB Crucial M500, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 500gb | Cooling: Corsair H100i

Display: 2x BENQ RL24050HT, 1xLG 29UC88-B | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: NAOS 7000 | Audio: Astro A40, Astro MixAmp, Beyerdynamic Custom One PRO, Altec Lansing Speaker | Microphone: Blue Yeti blackout edition

The problem is there are equally valid statements from both sides. We cannot draw a conclusion without any truthful inside information regarding the issue. All we can do is speculate treading on the surface.

And therein lies the problem.  All the sources I listed as legitimate commentaries are from educated/experienced people who are not taking a side, they are as independent as you can get.  If you wish to claim no opinion can be voiced because you believe there isn't enough cold hard evidence, then by all means don't voice and opinion.  If you don't believe my opinion is right because there is no evidence to support any opinion,  then why do you only call out certain people:

patrickjp93, Victorious Secret, Mr Moose, Razzaa, Dabobminable, Kloaked, Faa

Keep your eyes peeled to how often only them individuals like farm each others posts. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should list everyone or stop posting altogether.

And therein lies the problem.  All the sources I listed as legitimate commentaries are from educated/experienced people who are not taking a side, they are as independent as you can get.  If you wish to claim no opinion can be voiced because you believe there isn't enough cold hard evidence, then by all means don't voice and opinion.  If you don't believe my opinion is right because there is no evidence to support any opinion,  then why do you only call out certain people:

Educated (heh) or not they're still basing their theories upon pure speculation. They just bundle small already known facts with their argument to persuading individuals into thinking what they have to say is law. Even people you may think aren't taking sides have likely been proven to be as biased as anyone else at some point. It's easy to buy PR in this industry (leave it at that). Without someone on the inside coming out and clarifying in fine detail of what happened or someone like me man handling the code to show exactly how the game works, there's no possible way to draw a conclusion. There's not a single drop of fact in this Witcher 3 fanboy war shit pile, which is what makes it interesting to some of us as we sit and watch people take sides without reason. If you haven't completely gutted the game and shared your findings there's not a single rope for you to grab on as you fall into the pit of ignorance.

sheep_2724972b.jpg

Is it so hard to get along?  :lol:

How is this thread not locked anyway?  :huh:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Educated (heh) or not they're still basing their theories upon pure speculation. They just bundle small already known facts with their argument to persuading individuals into thinking what they have to say is law. Even people you may think aren't taking sides have likely been proven to be as biased as anyone else at some point. It's easy to buy PR in this industry (leave it at that). Without someone on the inside coming out and clarifying in fine detail of what happened or someone like me man handling the code to show exactly how the game works, there's no possible way to draw a conclusion. There's not a single drop of fact in this Witcher 3 fanboy war shit pile, which is what makes it interesting to some of us as we sit and watch people take sides without reason. If you haven't completely gutted the game and shared your findings there's not a single rope for you to grab on as you fall into the pit of ignorance.

sheep_2724972b.jpg

What a load of self important drivel with an insult tacked on the end.

What your saying is because you can't resolve any of this to a suitable conclusion based on the information at hand, then no one can.  Except that you still insist only certain people are wrong.  Please, your ignorance is as appalling as your rational. 

What a load of self important drivel with an insult tacked on the end.

What your saying is because you can't resolve any of this to a suitable conclusion based on the information at hand, then no one can.  Except that you still insist only certain people are wrong.  Please, your ignorance is as appalling as your rational. 

Never stated anyone was wrong, I just said nobody is right. I never singled out anyone as I don't even read reviews for games that are of no interest to me. I would recommend reading the entire thread beforehand if you're referring to the list I compiled a few pages back (in response to another post). The list is concrete for this very reason, you squirts continuously fall over your own shoelaces.

Never stated anyone was wrong, I just said nobody is right. I never singled out anyone as I don't even read reviews for games that are of no interest to me. I would recommend reading the entire thread beforehand if you're referring to the list I compiled a few pages back (in response to another post). The list is concrete for this very reason, you squirts continuously fall over your own shoelaces.

patrickjp93, Victorious Secret, Mr Moose, Razzaa, Dabobminable, Kloaked, Faa

Keep your eyes peeled to how often only them individuals like farm each others posts. :rolleyes:

No you never singled out anyone  :rolleyes:  ,  even if you try to dismiss it by calling it anything other than what it is.

I have nothing more to say so here is a joke:

What is green and hugely improves your gaming experience?

the Razor logo. ooooohhhh, burn Nvidia, burn!!!

Let's see if you, bogus or notional aren't too entrenched with AMD to post a similar joke.

Nvidia apologist much?You are tripping.

Who said anything aabout AMD,it runs like shit on nvidia too,and i didnt use hairworks ,any game using gameworks features is ruined, nvidia gpu or not,get over it,i run nvidia gpu's too.

far cry 4 had game works and it ran like shit on my 970.....so i turned it off and, amazingly, all was fine. simples

You say the solution would be just turn it off, so AMD is a bullshiter. I say the solution would be to either let it be optimizable, or just remove the ON option for any other hardware to cut the bullshit and change the perception of poorly informed customers.

how can a company intentionally sabotage another company with a feature you can switch off? its like a hacker attacking MS but allowing MS to switch it off

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

how can a company intentionally sabotage another company with a feature you can switch off? its like a hacker attacking MS but allowing MS to switch it off

Oh that's a easy reply: by not allowing either the game developer or the third party to optimize the feature for the hardware.

If the feature wasn't made to run on every hardware, then I should just be disabled if the required hardware wasn't present.

Because when someone is not as informed as we are, it makes a difference.

Answer:  They can't. An off switch is an off switch.  it does not prevent the card from being used in fact you can switch it on and dial the tessellation back and use the card at it's fullest thus being the exact opposite of sabotaging.

No you never singled out anyone  :rolleyes:  ,  even if you try to dismiss it by calling it anything other than what it is.

I have nothing more to say so here is a joke:

What is green and hugely improves your gaming experience?

the Razor logo. ooooohhhh, burn Nvidia, burn!!!

Let's see if you, bogus or notional aren't too entrenched with AMD to post a similar joke.

I would focus on your comprehension and post conforming skills. That list has nothing to do with me and your discussion. Unless you want to be more specific about what you're talking about without implying something else entirely you'll only be greeted with corrective responses. Also making jokes on influence is no form of validation let alone the weakest form of humor. Seeing burn and Nvidia in the same sentence is a better joke than that.

I would focus on your comprehension and post conforming skills.

Says the person who can't accept what is blatantly in their face.

Oh that's a easy reply: by not allowing either the game developer or the third party to optimize the feature for the hardware.

If the feature wasn't made to run on every hardware, then I should just be disabled if the required hardware wasn't present.

Because when someone is not as informed as we are, it makes a difference.

but hair works can run on amd. from what i have seen, and i will admit i dont own an amd card, you can turn down tessellation in the amd control panel and hair works runs much better. im sorry but AMD look like a bunch of winy bitches, desperately trying to sway people away from nvidia. they are loosing money hand over fist and have a small market share. as it stands i have no GPU and am waiting for the release of the 980ti and the 300 series before i make a move but right now, all this BS from AMD is putting me off getting one of there cards, and i bet im not the only one

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Says the person who can't accept what is blatantly in their face.

Do clarify on what's blatantly in my face? If correcting you in my posts makes me wrong somehow I'd like to hear your opinions as to why.

Do clarify on what's blatantly in my face? If correcting you in my posts makes me wrong somehow I'd like to hear your opinions as to why.

you haven't corrected me, that's the problem, you think you are but all your doing is telling people they aren't allowed to have an opinion and that all the reviewers, bench markers and commentators on tech and gaming are wrong because you can't reconcile whats happening to your personal satisfaction.

It's really not that complicated.

you haven't corrected me, that's the problem, you think you are but all your doing is telling people they aren't allowed to have an opinion and that all the reviewers, bench markers and commentators on tech and gaming are wrong because you can't reconcile whats happening to your personal satisfaction.

It's really not that complicated.

Once again aboard the train. Do pin point where I said everyone is wrong about subject A (don't worry I'll wait). It seems to me that you've reached the point of fabricating rumors in hopes of saving your reputation. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it's something you cannot take away from them. Although there's a fine line between simple facts and overstatements. As stated you're going to need to capitalize on more than just saying things. Where's all of this so called concrete evidence that you so call claim exists?