TEAPO vs CapXon capacitors, which one's are better?

lol1290

Whats the difference between these 2 capacitors and which one's are better?

Chossing between these 2 PSU's:

Cooler Master G650M (650w) - CapXon capacitors

Fractal Integra M (650w) - Teapo capacitors

(btw, fractal's psu is cheaper)

Thx! :D

Apparently, according to a google search, CapXon are quite cheap and not very reliable Chinese caps

Apparently, according to a google search, CapXon are quite cheap and not very reliable Chinese caps

But comparing to teapo's capacitors?

But comparing to teapo's capacitors?

According to a BadCaps thread (http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20840), they generally seem to be good and quite reliable, but in the same thread, a guy said that they're just below CapXon, so I don't know who to believe now. I'd personally go with the Cooler Master unit, but I'd make a thread on BadCaps.net first.

Teapo are somewhere around mediocre to average, while CapXon is definitely below average.

5 year warranty on g650m.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

By the way, here is Techpowerup's input, from their review of the lower-capacity Cooler Master G550M:

That said, I didn't like the CapXon capacitors in the unit's secondary side. I would prefer Teapo caps, which are considered of higher quality, or better.

That's to much power for your potato.You're going to fry it.  ;)

This is a cool resource you might find helpful:

http://www.overclock.net/t/183810/faq-recommended-power-supplies/

Thank you for the link, but none of the 2 psu's i mentioned a re listed on the list...

Teapo are somewhere around mediocre to average, while CapXon is definitely below average.

So... I'm fine if I go with Fractal?

5 year warranty on g650m.

Yes, they have a nice warranty, and the Fractal's PSU has 3 years.

But I'm more interested in quality that warranty, and everything that is above 2 years is fine with me, so...

By the way, here is Techpowerup's input, from their review of the lower-capacity Cooler Master G550M:

Already read it 1 hour ago, but thx anyway!

That's to much power for your potato.You're going to fry it.  ;)

That's why I'm getting a new rig in June (i5 4690k, gtx 970/ or 290x, depends of the amd 300 series release) ;)

I'll be honest

both are bad

and it's like pick which one is the shiniest turd

but no matter how shiny it still smelly.

however more manufacturer seems using these capacitor, even seasonic and corsair still use them.

so pick whatever gives the longest warranty period.

Thank you for the link, but none of the 2 psu's i mentioned a re listed on the list...

Yes, I checked before I posted my link. That means Twerk thinks neither of your PSUs are top-notch. It's also a cool list to reference for future builds.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I'll be honest

both are bad

and it's like pick which one is the shiniest turd

but no matter how shiny it still smelly.

however more manufacturer seems using these capacitor, even seasonic and corsair still use them.

so pick whatever gives the longest warranty period.

Fractal's PSU has 3 year warranty, which is fine, and is cheaper than cooler master's, so should I go with fractal's psu?

Yes, I checked before I posted my link. That means Twerk thinks neither of your PSUs are top-notch. It's also a cool list to reference for future builds.

Ok, looking at the toms hardware PSU tier list 2.0 (a great psu list), both of these 2 psu's are tier 3, which is ''enough good'' for a mid-range pc rig:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Are you sure there are no other options available? Or do you just have these two to pick from?

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

Are you sure there are no other options available? Or do you just have these two to pick from?

Sorry, but I'm on a budget, and those 2 are the best I found for a low price.

Hm, what's the budget and what sites you looking at?

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

So... I'm fine if I go with Fractal?

Yeah. It's not the most amazing power supply, but it'll do alright. Just don't expect it to last forever - Fractal doesn't either, as the 3 year warranty shows.

From a general standpoint Teapo is slightly better then CapXon but they have different applications within a PSU as well.

However between those two PSUs, G650M is better then Integra M.

"Rawr XD"

Hm, what's the budget and what sites you looking at?

My budget for the PSU is max 75 euros, and I want it to be 80+ bronze, and if possible semi-modular,

the site im ordering from is mindfactory.de

And it has to be 650w or more.

Yeah. It's not the most amazing power supply, but it'll do alright. Just don't expect it to last forever - Fractal doesn't either, as the 3 year warranty shows.

Well, because im planning to use this build for about 4 years, that psu can die sooner, what are the the signs that psu is dieing and is it possible, that when it dies, that it damages any of the components inside?

Well, because im planning to use this build for about 4 years, that psu can die sooner, what are the the signs that psu is dieing and is it possible, that when it dies, that it damages any of the components inside?

In theory it's possible. Most likely you'd start seeing either shutdowns or some kind of errors or erratic behaviour - like BSODs - long before any damage occurs.

The Cooler Master unit has lower ripple, higher efficiency, and better 12V regulation, while the Fractal Design unit has better capacitors and better minor rail regulation. The Cooler Master unit has a ball bearing fan that may make more noise than the sleeve bearing fan in the Fractal Design unit, but is also likely to last longer. Overall it's a tough choice. The Cooler Master unit has better performance out of the box, but the question is how well the performance will hold up over time with those capacitors.

In theory it's possible. Most likely you'd start seeing either shutdowns or some kind of errors or erratic behaviour - like BSODs - long before any damage occurs.

The Cooler Master unit has lower ripple, higher efficiency, and better 12V regulation, while the Fractal Design unit has better capacitors and better minor rail regulation. The Cooler Master unit has a ball bearing fan that may make more noise than the sleeve bearing fan in the Fractal Design unit, but is also likely to last longer. Overall it's a tough choice. The Cooler Master unit has better performance out of the box, but the question is how well the performance will hold up over time with those capacitors.

Ok, thank you for taking your time and replying this to me, I think that I will go with fractal, because of the lower price, but because prices change really fast, anything can happen...

My budget for the PSU is max 75 euros, and I want it to be 80+ bronze, and if possible semi-modular,

the site im ordering from is mindfactory.de

And it has to be 650w or more.

Hands down this one. http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/620-Watt-Antec-Neo-Eco-620C-Non-Modular-80--Bronze_917398.html

Seasonic-made unit, noticeably better then Fractal Integra M and Cooler Master GM

"Rawr XD"

Hands down this one. http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/620-Watt-Antec-Neo-Eco-620C-Non-Modular-80--Bronze_917398.html

Seasonic-made unit, noticeably better then Fractal Integra M and Cooler Master GM

Thx for the recommendation, it definitely has batter capacitors (japanese),

but it doesn't ''look good'' (just a black box), like g650m, but I know thats not the case,

it not semi-modular, like the other 2 (but I can live with that),

it delivers 48A on +12V, while fractal's psu does 54A...

so is it really that better?

And if I get it... Seasonic make this units but Antec sells them?

Thx for the recommendation, it definitely has batter capacitors (japanese),

but it doesn't ''look good'' (just a black box), like g650m, but I know thats not the case,

it not semi-modular, like the other 2 (but I can live with that),

it delivers 48A on +12V, while fractal's psu does 54A...

so is it really that better?

And if I get it... Seasonic make this units but Antec sells them?

antec will deal will support in case something goes wrong. The amps doesn't matter as long as it has enough for the gpu. Im bias towards seasonic so i won't reccomend one over another.