Advantages and disadvantages of ITX. Is it still good?

Teemo4Life

Pros

+ Portable

+ Fits in most spaces

+ Usually only need a single card

Cons

- No chance for SLI / Crossfire unless Dual GPU

- Airflow is usually quite restricted or less of it

- Overclocking on m-itx motherboards can be quite bad or worse than larger sizes

- May not be able to fit many CPU Coolers and may be forced to go water

Title says all.

And yet the OP is devoid of any criterium to judge it on. Stop being lazy and make a decent post.

@Tim Drake, the fact there is little volume, does not imply the airflow is restricted. It's actually much easier for a fan with good static pressure to cool an ITX case. As less air inside the case means it will be refreshed more often.

Pro:

Small (duhh)

Uhm.. Small?

Con:

Hotter usually

Airflow is not as good usually

Small, so not room for everything you want (SLI)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

And yet the OP is devoid of any criterium to judge it on. Stop being lazy and make a decent post.

You always find a way to be rude, don't you?

He simply wants to find out if m-itx is worth his money I presumes and he's quite young so he isn't going to write very professionally, cut him some slack and stop being a jerk.

@Tim Drake, the fact there is little volume, does not imply the airflow is restricted. It's actually much easier for a fan with good static pressure to cool an ITX case. As less air inside the case means it will be refreshed more often.

How did I know that it would be you to complain about that Con.

"Stop being lazy" and realize I said usually

I can't even fathom why in the world would you need a "criterium"(not even a real english word) for stating out Advantages and Disadvantages?

He simply wants to find out if m-itx is worth his money I presumes and he's quite young so he isn't going to write very professionally, cut him some slack and stop being a jerk.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Pros

+ Portable

+ Fits in most spaces

Cons

- Airflow is usually quite restricted

- Overclocking motherboards can be quite bad

What do u mean card? The gpu?

Pros

+ Portable

+ Fits in most spaces

Cons

- Airflow is usually quite restricted

- Overclocking motherboards can be quite bad

Never overclocked a motherboard... xD

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Fine, if u want my opinion xD

I'm rude? I'm saying he should TRY (not write hamlet) to write a decent post and stop being lazy. As he is lazy by saying "title says all". The fact he's young makes this even more important as most kids these days aren't corrected anywhere and always "cut some slack" and told they're special.

Besides, pretty sure writing a decent post is a point somewhere in the CoC.

You're the idiot for standing up for someone who clearly should not be stood up for. What is it exactly you're standing up for here? His lazyness? This laissez-faire sjw mentallity needs to be purged already. 

Look at the backlash i got for telling someone to stop being lazy, when they're being lazy as fck.

I can't even fathom why in the world would you need a "criterium"(not even a real english word) for stating out Advantages and Disadvantages?

Because you don't have to make a list of pro's and con's, and if you know what he finds important, you can tell him whether something is viable or not or that he should steer away from ITX. Random pro's and con's still doesn't really tell you anything, as for most of the con's a solution can be made.

Pros

+ Portable

+ Fits in most spaces

Cons

- Airflow is usually quite restricted or less of it

- Overclocking on m-itx motherboards can be quite bad or worse than larger sizes

What do you mean with your last pro?

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

-snip-

0438bce0e45bfc23421041cce5752c6dc0aa58a5

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Title says all.

My thoughts if u care: small, cheaper, portable,cute but lacks upgradablity a little and less stuff to put in.

I'm rude? I'm saying he should TRY (not write hamlet) to write a decent post and stop being lazy. As he is lazy by saying "title says all". The fact he's young makes this even more important as most kids these days aren't corrected anywhere and always "cut some slack" and told they're special.

You're the idiot for standing up for someone who clearly should not be stood up for. What is it exactly you're standing up for here? His lazyness? This laissez-faire sjw mentallity needs to be purged already. 

Now you're calling someone an idiot for defending someone who is being attacked by someone who cares so much about someone writing something perfect on a thread.

He covered everything he should have in his title and there was no need to call me an idiot.

Stop being a condesending wing wang and stop judging people on their writing skills.

What do you mean with your last pro?

I didn't know how to explain it but it was linked in to you can't SLI and I was saying that usually you won't need more than a high end single card.

I RAN OUT OF PROS OKAY

Look at the backlash i got for telling someone to stop being lazy, when they're being lazy as fck.

Wtf u checked my age xD I'm removing that. I thought now one would see it

I didn't know how to explain it but it was linked in to you can't SLI and I was saying that usually you won't need more than a high end single card.

I RAN OUT OF PROS OKAY

That would rather be a con. 

Con:

- you can't SLI in the future