OMG witcher 3 water, hair without hairworks

Syntaxvgm

@ShadowCaptain

For some reason my fps was quite low in the training area. 

Got into the open world and I get ~50fps at 1080p (still low ofc).

NO MORE UPGRADE TIME!

Its always upgrade time

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Its always upgrade time

No.jpg

Next year ;)

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Yeah that preview build looked fucking insane... makes you wonder if the paralell dev for consoles had an effect on the final quality of the pc version.

Check these out:

The one thing I do notice is there are very few shadows in the world.  Grass and trees have no self shadowing, leading to the look that it looks flat and bland.  I'm gonna dig into the ini files and see what I can do with it.  Here's a few SS I just took for no reason :

http://imgur.com/a/oYsax

EDIT :  I see options for MSAA and texture resolution, but none for shadows yet, at least no self shadow options.

EDIT 2  : Lol I managed to crash my game instantly after messing with a few settings xD

Edited by Samfisher

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Hey Syntax could you maybe do a comparison with the Gameplay scenes from 2013/14 and the final release? Would be interesting to see if theres some truth behind all the "graphics downgrade" stuff floating around.

There can't be a downgrade of something that never existed.

The early gameplay footage that we got was in a super early build of the game, that got almost completely re-worked. DocM has a good dev interview that touches the topic.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

I've come to the conclusion the main thing this game needs is foliage self-shadowing and it will look extremely good.  The reason why it looks so bland right now is cos grass and trees do not cast shadows on themselves, giving them a very flat and crayon look, especially in screen shots.  Someone needs to find the right ini config to enable this and we'll be all good :D

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

There can't be a downgrade of something that never existed.

The early gameplay footage that we got was in a super early build of the game, that got almost completely re-worked. DocM has a good dev interview that touches the topic.

Yeah i saw that interview... not convinced. Of course some youtube kid that got flown out to CDPR isnt really gonna question what the dev is talking about. Fact is that the E3 build ran on some kind of machine and it seemed to run somewhat stable. Im not saying there was a "conspiracy" to match console graphics or some crazy stuff like that. But i believe that if CDPR completely focused on PC developement it would have ended up looking a lot better than it does now

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Hey guys, quick question.

Should I rush to the store and snatch it up in a week when I'm done with finals or should I go on my 19th playthrough of Skyrim?

I was on my 20th till I got stuck in scenery :(

Just saw this gif and it got me a bit worried... [emoji14]

Witcher3_Downgrade_Is_Real.gif

Wow its as though someone took off their sunglasses and coloured in the world

Makes me jealous, the witcher 3 offer came out a day after I brought my 970. Thought meh I haven't played the series but then I see gameplay and I want it.

I've got witcher 2 so I'll probably play that for a while until I can afford it.

thanks ill do that, I own both but I wanna play 3 so bad

IMO the storyline for TW1 was better than TW2's. The combat in the first one is atrocious but if you can get past that then you have an incredibly mature game with such beautifully dark themes that is amazing to play through. TW2 has overall better gameplay and the graphics are amazing but the storyline just isn't as great as the first. One thing you might notice in TW2 is that it's a bit harder to understand the characters if you haven't played the first. In the first one, the characters are fleshed out so well.

Having said that, the second is still a great game but if you like following the plot and want to understand more about Geralt then don't miss the first. The only thing that would put you off is the terrible combat system. Acts IV and V have some of the best scripts I've seen in modern video games.

I was on my 20th till I got stuck in scenery :(

Wow its as though someone took off their sunglasses and coloured in the world

Makes me jealous, the witcher 3 offer came out a day after I brought my 970. Thought meh I haven't played the series but then I see gameplay and I want it.

I've got witcher 2 so I'll probably play that for a while until I can afford it.

I paid 20$ for it, I didn't get any games with my reference 970

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Yeah that preview build looked fucking insane... makes you wonder if the paralell dev for consoles had an effect on the final quality of the pc version.

Check these out:

2504401-6535952199-ip9VU.gif

ApprehensiveCompetentIchneumonfly.gif

UnrealisticComplexGrunion.gif

I wanna know the source video? 

I found it and I don't know what to think

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Yeah i saw that interview... not convinced. Of course some youtube kid that got flown out to CDPR isnt really gonna question what the dev is talking about. Fact is that the E3 build ran on some kind of machine and it seemed to run somewhat stable. Im not saying there was a "conspiracy" to match console graphics or some crazy stuff like that. But i believe that if CDPR completely focused on PC developement it would have ended up looking a lot better than it does now

Yeah, this might be possible, but who knows. The preview did look awesome, and it does make you wonder if they had to take away some graphical fidelity just so that most PC's could run the game, and so that the consoles could run the game.

But that just doesn't add up in my mind for what CDPR has done in the past. If this is indeed the case, I would actually speculate that we could be looking at a better textures mod made by one of the devs in the future just like with W2 and W1.

It may be that they ended up scrapping that build for unknown reasons but someone still is working on an upgrade for the future, to try and make it playable. But then again maybe not, maybe CDPR has gone down the death hole of making things work for console, and no longer have the awesomeness they used to.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.