Samsung unveils SSD 840 EVO with up to 1TB of space

qwertywarrior

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/17/samsung-ssd-840-evo/

samsung are using their new 10nm process which makes 1TB achievable without a large number of NAND chips 

next generation of SSDs will be much cheaper now

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

awesome i still need to buy an ssd I hope the 126 gb version will be a good price.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

This. Is. Amazing. But I'm curious as to how well it competes with the 960gb m500... I'm not sure if I would buy it if was much more expensive than the $600 for the m500

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

please use the search function before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36835-samsung-unveils-1tb-840-evo-solid-state-drive/

:)

(reported) 

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

MSRPs for 840 were

500GB - 449 USD

250GB - 250 USD

120GB - 120 USD

------------------------------

I will buy my next SSD if the prices for a 500GB Samsung drop below 200€ (right now it is about 270€). I expect that to happen in autumn

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

It's worth noting that it does not use 10nm flash. I am not sure how they came to that number, but according to Anandtech it uses 19nm TLC flash, which sounds much more plausible. I don't even want to imagine what would happen with the endurance of the NAND if they used 10nm, it would be absolutely horrible.

YES YES YES YES THE SSD GIDS HAVE ANSWERED MY PRAYERS

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

YES YES YES YES THE SSD GIDS HAVE ANSWERED MY PRAYERS

Don't get your hopes up. It's significantly worse than the 840 PRO, and only a tiny bit better than the regular 840.

Don't get your hopes up. It's significantly worse than the 840 PRO, and only a tiny bit better than the regular 840.

who cares now i have a sad to out my steam library on. The Summer sale killed my HDD man
This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife