ESEA CS:GO?

Tim Drake
Go to solution Solved by MrLewisMHarris,

Pretty much, instead of using CS:GO's mathchmaking system, it uses an alternate client to find matches and placements for you.

Once you buy it and download the client, all you need to do is find a game, or something similar to this. The way it works is by placing you inside one of its secure ESEA servers, which use extreme security to make sure that people who connect are using ESEA (have paid for it) and are not using hacks.

It is a lot better than the MM in-game because there is very little to no cheaters, and everyone has to pay to play (meaning they will most likely not troll or be mean or anything like this, because it is literally wasting their money).

A free alternative is called CEVO, which used to be AltPUG. It uses relatively the same technical aspects and I'd recommend you give it a try before you buy ESEA.

Also have a look at FaceIt, I hear they have some really nice public competitions for various skill groups.

Have Fun :)

not to brag or anything but i was unranked then gold nova 2 :D (i habe same question)

Well I prefer to look at myself as I worked myself up from Silver 1 (I had really bad placement game rankings..)

Because I would rather someone explain it as there is too much information there.

I'm not stupid.

Because I would rather someone explain it as there is too much information there.

I'm not stupid.

I didn't imply you were stupid so there's no reason to assume it either.

I'm not stupid.

Just lazy?

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Just lazy?

Now there's no need for that either. Some people accept information better when it's explained to them instead of them reading it.

Like old pugs worked before matchmaking existed. You get 10 people and play the game.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Pretty much, instead of using CS:GO's mathchmaking system, it uses an alternate client to find matches and placements for you.

Once you buy it and download the client, all you need to do is find a game, or something similar to this. The way it works is by placing you inside one of its secure ESEA servers, which use extreme security to make sure that people who connect are using ESEA (have paid for it) and are not using hacks.

It is a lot better than the MM in-game because there is very little to no cheaters, and everyone has to pay to play (meaning they will most likely not troll or be mean or anything like this, because it is literally wasting their money).

A free alternative is called CEVO, which used to be AltPUG. It uses relatively the same technical aspects and I'd recommend you give it a try before you buy ESEA.

Also have a look at FaceIt, I hear they have some really nice public competitions for various skill groups.

Have Fun :)

If you found my post helpful make sure to press the "Like This" Button  ;)

it's a MM system on ESEA servers.

I wouldnt go there as a Nova 2. Everyone would hate on you and you would probably die all the time. Get there when you are DMG or higher.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Is there still a ranking system?

You can see ranks of all players here: http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=forums&d=topic&id=647227

If you want to know if there's a traditional ranking system like in CS:GO matchmaking (The ELO ranking system) then there's nothing like this for ESEA, it's purely:

• search for game
  • find game
  • play game

It doesn't match you with like-for-like or same skilled players, it just puts you in a game with random people.

If you found my post helpful make sure to press the "Like This" Button  ;)

You can see ranks of all players here: http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=forums&d=topic&id=647227

If you want to know if there's a traditional ranking system like in CS:GO matchmaking (The ELO ranking system) then there's nothing like this for ESEA, it's purely:

• search for game
  • find game
  • play game

It doesn't match you with like-for-like or same skilled players, it just puts you in a game with random people.

Oh then nvm lol, thank you so much for the in depth answer :)

Now there's no need for that either. Some people accept information better when it's explained to them instead of them reading it.

It was meant tongue in cheek..

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..