Handy Tech Under $100 Episode 8

LinusTech

I kinda want the Stayblcam. Would be useful for some video project. It's (a bit) costly tho, at 80$. If it was something like 20-30 :/ Or, well, maybe that's me being cheap.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

USB Hard Drive Dock

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1e8kDW2

Amazon: http://geni.us/1omK

I like that you featured a HDD Dock, especially the 2-drive version, but why not feature something a little more feature rich and "handy" for the same general price like the Sabrent EC-HDD2 SATA Docking Station?  Handles 2 HDDs in either 2.5"/3.5" and connects via USB 3.0, but also lets you disconnect the data cable and do a bit-for-bit clone of one drive to another(a pretty cool and useful damn feature IMO).  The Sabrent also has a higher rating by 1.1 stars and from almost 10x the amount of reviews.  Don't get me wrong, I love most of Thermaltake's products, but sometimes I think they just fall short on things they branch out to and limit themselves on what their product could/should have been capable of.

i'm surprised Linus didn't make any dildo jokes on the 3rd item. The techkey thing is a cute item, I don't know if I would consider it as a handy item.

I still want to hear 3 reasons why socks and sandals are the optimal footwear.

Has anyone actualy bought the 3 key keyboards? Guessing by the fact that at the moment they are mostly sold out I'm guessing at least someone from here did.
I have a question for anyone that has bought it.
How are they to use? do they slip around on the table or are they uncomforably raised or anything like that?
Looking at the prices it really makes me want to buy one instead of waiting for an official OSU version, and god knows peppy is gonna overprice them as hell so theres that as well.

You don't ask why, You ask WHY NOT!?

I would totally use Tech Keys for a Titanfall eject switch

Praise the Lamp!

The product are okay but the intro was awesome.

Has anyone actualy bought the 3 key keyboards? Guessing by the fact that at the moment they are mostly sold out I'm guessing at least someone from here did.

I have a question for anyone that has bought it.

How are they to use? do they slip around on the table or are they uncomforably raised or anything like that?

Looking at the prices it really makes me want to buy one instead of waiting for an official OSU version, and god knows peppy is gonna overprice them as hell so theres that as well.

The onekeyboard and threekeyboard are usually useful for gamers (especially CS:GO players) for creating game macros with ease. It is also useful for productivity related macros where macros can cut down on times needed to complete a task substantially. As for the other questions you pose I have no answer to as I do not own one but plan on getting one. I suppose since it's got rubber feet (looks like rubber from the video) it won't slide around much and that even if it was raised too high they are designed to be used not as frequently as any other key/keys so I suppose it would not matter too much (for me anyways). Hope I helped and have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...

A little late to the conversation, but I've had a 2 bay dock that powers each bay individually for a few years.. USB2.0 and eSATA, but there is an updated USB3.0 version as well.

eP8EzCp.jpg

A little late to the conversation, but I've had a 2 bay dock that powers each bay individually for a few years.. USB2.0 and eSATA, but there is an updated USB3.0 version as well.

do you like seagate at all?

askdjfasdf

do you like seagate at all?

The only two seagate drives I have are in the picture. The USB one I got from school, and the 3TB 3.5in one in the dock I got because I wanted a 3TB drive and it was on sale. 

I have a few WD drives, toshiba, hitachi, adata.. I actually prefer my WD drives but I'm not too picky. 

The 3TB drive I've got has been a champ, however I feel like the USB one might not last all that long.. it was 30% fragmented the last time I checked, had some read/write issues. It's the only drive I own that has problems. 

• 2 years later...

Ermmm... is there a place for requests in this series? I have one that I would really like to submit. 

56 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

Ermmm... is there a place for requests in this series? I have one that I would really like to submit. 

very smart to bump up a thread from 2 years ago 

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

On 6/22/2017 at 10:19 AM, Sentryy said:

very smart to bump up a thread from 2 years ago 

ohhhh

they have a thread for episode 14

well... seeing as how both are from so long ago I don't see how it matters much