Installing HTC music player on nexus 6 and nexus 9

Hello guys, I'm getting little but bored of my nexus music player and I want to change something new. So I wanna try HTC music player (from htc sense 6 or 7) to enhance my experience. Do I need to root my phone and tablet in order to run this? Do I just install an APK? Also It would be nice if people can left me a link too and this question is not just for me but it is all for everyone who wanna have HTC music player on their device. Thank you in advance for helping me 

some htc apps require htc framework to run properly. I know for a fact that the camera is like this, but i wouldn't see why the music player would be a problem

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

I've tried that multiple times and music just never works.

This worked for me though http://www.theandroidsoul.com/download-htc-one-m9-apps-for-android-5-0-devices-75151/ Note that it's flashed through a custom recovery, which'll require unlocking bootloader/rooting.

"Rawr XD"

some htc apps require htc framework to run properly. I know for a fact that the camera is like this, but i wouldn't see why the music player would be a problem

I tried every I could on my phone and it just show me "App not installed" after I try to install APK

I've tried that multiple times and music just never works.

This worked for me though http://www.theandroidsoul.com/download-htc-one-m9-apps-for-android-5-0-devices-75151/ Note that it's flashed through a custom recovery, which'll require unlocking bootloader/rooting.

so you mean the camera and everything and the music work after you flash? what phone do you use?

I tried every I could on my phone and it just show me "App not installed" after I try to install APK

Then HTC probably doesn't let you do it without their framework. It says the same thing when trying to install the camera apk without the framework, and is likely the same with the music player app. Sorry to disappoint you. Try Apollo music player instead :)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

Same thing happens to me withe Sense 6 apps. 

so you mean the camera and everything and the music work after you flash? what phone do you use?

I just flashed it for the music and it works fine. Gallery also seems to work decently enough. My phone is... I don't even know. But I've tried it on Note 3, S4, LG G3 and Google Play Edition HTC M8 and it's all worked for the music player. There's a few glitches with it though, like when you change a song it still shows the previous song's album art for a few seconds before switching over.

"Rawr XD"

Then HTC probably doesn't let you do it without their framework. It says the same thing when trying to install the camera apk without the framework, and is likely the same with the music player app. Sorry to disappoint you. Try Apollo music player instead :)

Just tried it myself, works fine on S3 running CM12.1 (AOSP Lollipop like Nexus 6/9)

ere0ZCf.jpg

"Rawr XD"

Just tried it myself, works fine on S3 running CM12.1 (AOSP Lollipop like Nexus 6/9)

ere0ZCf.jpg

Looks like I've been proven wrong. 

ere0ZCf.jpg

I guess the phone require root then lolz

Same thing happens to me withe Sense 6 apps. 

I just flashed it for the music and it works fine. Gallery also seems to work decently enough. My phone is... I don't even know. But I've tried it on Note 3, S4, LG G3 and Google Play Edition HTC M8 and it's all worked for the music player. There's a few glitches with it though, like when you change a song it still shows the previous song's album art for a few seconds before switching over.

Oh I see