NEED HELP WITH MOTHERBOARD

Go to solution Solved by lukky211111,

Thanksssss A lotttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep no problem if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

I am building a new pc but don't know what motherboard to get. I will use an i7 4790k cpu and 16 gb of ddr3 ram. I am planning for a 970 and eventually get another. I want the cheapest motherboard with around 6 usb and cappable of 2 way sli (and maybe 3??). Please help Thanks!!!!!!!

I am building a new pc but don't know what motherboard to get. I will use an i7 4790k cpu and 16 gb of ddr3 ram. I am planning for a 970 and eventually get another. I want the cheapest motherboard with around 6 usb and cappable of 2 way sli (and maybe 3??). Please help Thanks!!!!!!!

well the msi krait sli is pretty nice from what ive heard.

askdjfasdf

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

dont get dual 970s and an i7 and then go for a cheap motherboard, makes no sense

second this honestly why do you  need an i7? get an i5 4690k instead.

askdjfasdf

my msi gaming 7 was about that price when i bought it a week ago and i even got a free mouse.

askdjfasdf

second this honestly why do you  need an i7? get an i5 4690k instead.

I think an i7 is good for what i need because i will stream stuff like gta5 so....

I think an i7 is good for what i need because i will stream stuff like gta5 so....

hmmmm maybe...... but dont go cheaping out on your motherboard dude. and make sure you get a good psu. 

askdjfasdf

is a 750 watt ok??

make sure you quote other peoples posts or they wont see it unless they follow your topic and i cant answer that cuz i dont know whats all in your build do you have a pcpartpicker link you can throw on here thatd be the best way to allow me to help you as well as what country are you from for currency reasons and what is your overall build budget? do you have a monitor mouse and keyboard already?

askdjfasdf

make sure you quote other peoples posts or they wont see it unless they follow your topic and i cant answer that cuz i dont know whats all in your build do you have a pcpartpicker link you can throw on here thatd be the best way to allow me to help you as well as what country are you from for currency reasons and what is your overall build budget? do you have a monitor mouse and keyboard already?

ok...Intel Core i7-4790K, EVGA GeForce GTX 970, NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) - System Build - PCPartPicker this what i was going for.

your link just takes us to the view your build part of the pc partpicker siteat the top about theres a permalink that you copy and paste here use that.

zYksf7

ok if i were you id maybe see if the noctua nh-d15 fits in your case you wouldnt need to change your ram its about 100 dollars and keeps up with most aio coolers switch your psu to a evga g2 series not a nex g1 the g1 is not worth it at all the g2 has a high rating from johnny guru which is awesome!!!!other than that i think thats all id change and maybe take the extra money you save from the cooler to get a better motherboard like the sli krait from msi?

askdjfasdf

damn the nh d15 wont fit which kinda sucks cuz its an awesome cooler! maybe sticking with teh kraken wont be too bad of an idea.

askdjfasdf

why an ssd? at this point itd be better to grab an actuall hdd or just go witha 850 evo thats 120 gbs for like.....75 bucks and then a wd black or blue for around 80 then you have over 1 tb of storage.

askdjfasdf

ok if i were you id maybe see if the noctua nh-d15 fits in your case you wouldnt need to change your ram its about 100 dollars and keeps up with most aio coolers switch your psu to a evga g2 series not a nex g1 the g1 is not worth it at all the g2 has a high rating from johnny guru which is awesome!!!!other than that i think thats all id change and maybe take the extra money you save from the cooler to get a better motherboard like the sli krait from msi?

Thanks for the help. but is 750 watt ok?

Thanks for the help. but is 750 watt ok?

theres a wattage calculator that pcpartpicker uses. for your built its under 300 watts i say 750 is definetly enough for overclocking and sli.

askdjfasdf

theres a wattage calculator that pcpartpicker uses. for your built its under 300 watts i say 750 is definetly enough for overclocking and sli.

yep no problem if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

askdjfasdf