FTC Rules In Favor Of Tesla, Direct-To-Consumer Sales Legal

silberdrachi

The Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) new ruling prevents dealers from having a monopoly of the sale of vehicles. It argues that this was not only done in favor of Tesla but in defense of all business entities who desire to sell their products directly. In their public statement, the FTC asserts “blanket prohibitions on direct manufacturer sales to consumers are an anomaly within the larger economy.” The impetus for FTC’s statement is that Michigan State Legislature allowed Elio, a manufacturer of highly efficient three-wheelers, to sell direct. With this amount of inconsistency circulating among state lawmakers and courts, the FTC needed to step in and create a more universal policy.

Great news, and hopefully forces some states to change their rules banning direct to consumer sales (including my home state Michigan). It seems like the FTC has seen through the bullshit that auto companies are feeding state lawmakers to say and maybe in the future will come up with some federal requirements on direct to consumer sales.

Edit: I should make clear, this doesnt actually nullify the laws already in place, but does give them good legal standing to challenge the laws in the future.

Source: http://techdrive.co/FTC-Tesla

Second Source: http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/2015/05/12/federal-trade-commission-tesla-michigan-law-dealers-auto-sales/27163961/

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Yet another legal precedent that should never have been tested in court.

Only in America do you need to prove its legal to sell stuff directly to consumers.

Still, I guess the men with the powahz and moniez will still try and stop them in some other way.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

wooooooooo all i am getting from this is michigan might finaly get a telsa show room.... im litterly splurging in my pants riohgt now and cant wait to walk into one and attempt to buy one xD

wooooooooo all i am getting from this is michigan might finaly get a telsa show room.... im litterly splurging in my pants riohgt now and cant wait to walk into one and attempt to buy one xD

Id love for tesla to get a show room here, but even if they did i know i could never buy one. It will be a cold day in hell (no not hell michigan, we hear that joke all the time) before electric chargers are common enough around here to actually drive one as a main car. It doesnt help i live in an apartment and i would have to find a way to charge from home if i cant charge at work/elsewhere.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

I'm waiting for the typical morons to come and tell us how this is govt overreach.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I'm waiting for the typical morons to come and tell us how this is govt overreach.

Who do you think gets paid to create laws preventing direct to consumer sales? Or allowing mergers between corporations eliminating competition? Or not filing anti-trust investigations against companies that refuse to overbuild into each others areas?

They call it "lobbying", but what it really is, is bribery. Corporations need to be banned from making political donations.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs