PC won't boot up!! Please help

Go to solution Solved by virusal19,

It just keeps say A2 and saying insert and reboot with proper boot device but I have my ssd plugged in

Can you go in to the BIOS? Look at boot order, make sure it boots off the SSD and not any other devices. 

So Yesterday I was browsing the Internet on my newly build pc, when suddenly I was taken to the windows installing updates screen. So I waited and then rebooted, but my screen had a small A2 at the bottom of it. So I reboot a couple of times to see if it would eventually start up but to no avail. After a while I try again but I notice the pc doesn't start up at all, so I check my mobo connections and the power button on the board is still lit. But after a day it still won't boot up and I am getting frustrated. My only thought is a dead psu. Please help!!

Pc specs

I5 3570k

Msi z77a Gd65

Corsair ax760

H100i

Corsair vengeance 1600 MHz

Does your motherboard have a de-bug LED? If so, was there a code? 

It used to have A2 but now the motherboard won't power on.

It used to have A2 but now the motherboard won't power on.

Have you looked up your motherboard manual for the code "A2"?

Any extra PSU to use?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I don't unfortunately.

So, your motherboard doesn't boot up anymore? Has something shorted out? All cables plugged in properly? 

The code "A2" is a checkpoint code - A2 means IDE detect, have you checked all hard drives, DVD drives, SSD's? - This doesn't explain your motherboard not powering on though. 

Have you looked up your motherboard manual for the code "A2"?

it says "onboard devices initialise and detect (USB/sata/scsi ...) I don't know what that means??

I don't think anything has shorted out nothing is touching it, last night I checked the CPU power and it was hanging out a bit but I plugged it back in and nothing happened.

it says "onboard devices initialise and detect (USB/sata/scsi ...) I don't know what that means??

Look at my above post - Have you checked all your storage devices? Remove all USB's and make sure all HDD's and SSD's are plugged in properly but again, this doesn't explain why your motherboard is not powering on. 

24 Pin and CPU power pin plugged properly? 

Okay I unplugged my ssd and pushed the power button and it booted but when I plugged it back in it stopped?

Okay I unplugged my ssd and pushed the power button and it booted but when I plugged it back in it stopped?

Try plugging it in a different SATA port. 

I think it's the sata power connector I don't think the pins are in prime condition

I think it's the sata power connector I don't think the pins are in prime condition

Change cables and see. 

It just keeps say A2 and saying insert and reboot with proper boot device but I have my ssd plugged in

Can you go in to the BIOS? Look at boot order, make sure it boots off the SSD and not any other devices.