Ask a gay guy :)

yeah, there are a lot of good people here. can't say that a few months ago. I had a LGBT oriented post get taken down within a day or so because there were more trolls and assholes than actual good comments.

so it's come a long way

What is amazing, is that homophobic people here seem rare. Never seen this much anti-homophobicness since my class

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

What is amazing, is that homophobic people here seem rare. Never seen this much anti-homophobicness since my class

Most homophobes are closeted gays. Proven fact.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

from personal experiences, i think higher educated peope are not as often homophobic. These are just speculations. Hold me in no way responsable for saying that

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

from personal experiences, i think higher educated peope are not as often homophobic. These are just speculations. Hold me in no way responsable for saying that

Yeah, i could agree with that.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I thought so to, until I went to university...

I went to high-school in my hometown which has always been somewhat conservative and my friends there were OK with me being gay, which came as a big surprise to me.

When I came to uni in the capital I thought everyone would be so much more open minded but it turns out that it is not always like that. Maybe its because I am in a CS degree... I don't know. I haven't told them yet though.

And it feels like, to me, that even some of those who seem to be OK with it still make a big deal about it in their minds...

I went to high-school in my hometown which has always been somewhat conservative and my friends there were OK with me being gay, which came as a big surprise to me.

When I came to uni in the capital I thought everyone would be so much more open minded but it turns out that it is not always like that. Maybe its because I am in a CS degree... I don't know. I haven't told them yet though.

And it feels like, to me, that even some of those who seem to be OK with it still make a big deal about it in their minds...

I guess it varies from person to person.

Hail Sithis!

I think telling them would be a good idea, but that also would make me somewhat of a hypocrite.

I guess it varies from person to person.

Yeah. And in my university 170 people enter each year in my degree, so there are a lot more people from all around the country. You are bound to find some homophobes and the sense of belonging that we had when we were in a 20-something people class in high school just isn't there.

I think telling them would be a good idea, but that also would make me somewhat of a hypocrite.

I intend to. If you read a couple of pages ago in this thread I have "somewhat of a plan" to do that!

im not sure if its flirting or banter

though at one point he did start saying that "doing what you do to yourself to another guy isnt gay"...

Playing with another mans penis is gay.   There is no need to justify a desire by labeling it either gay or not gay.  It sounds to me like this guy has some desires/interests and is tentatively putting his toe in the water to test the temp.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I used to think that American culture and Australian culture was very similar, but now I am starting to think it might actually be very different,  Most closet gays I know don't act like the stereotyped homophobe.

I would say the opposite was true, except I have heard rumours about the stereotypical Australian male and their activties in the remote mining towns where woman are few and far between. :huh:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Me again..   Just thought some off you might like this link, In my experience it is pretty indicitive of the Australian Anglican and uniting church:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/north/all-saints-anglican-church-chermside-takes-a-stand-on-homosexuality/story-fni9r1kg-1226728763495

I think both generalisations while possibly/probably true aren't very helpful. I'm not gay but I am an Atheist and I know the same sort of generalisations have equivalents for Atheism. I could run around saying that Atheist are better educated and that the most vocal opponents of Atheism are closeted Atheists and some Atheists do do that. However if I did do that, regardless of how much evidence I have to support it, to everyone not "on-side" it would look like I'm calling them uneducated liars. Mostly because that's kinda what I would be doing.

People like to play the victim, calling them names just gives them ammunition.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Yay, I found "family" :D

I don't know why I am so excited about that^^

Yay, I found "family" :D

I don't know why I am so excited about that^^

You don't know why you are so excited, you'll be fine, excite away :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I think both generalisations while possibly/probably true aren't very helpful. I'm not gay but I am an Atheist and I know the same sort of generalisations have equivalents for Atheism. I could run around saying that Atheist are better educated and that the most vocal opponents of Atheism are closeted Atheists and some Atheists do do that. However if I did do that, regardless of how much evidence I have to support it, to everyone not "on-side" it would look like I'm calling them uneducated liars. Mostly because that's kinda what I would be doing.

People like to play the victim, calling them names just gives them ammunition.

Who's name calling?

Hail Sithis!

Who's name calling?

Maybe my wording was clumsy but I wasn't saying anyone was name calling. I was just making the point that that's how it's perceived and maybe it's more productive to not take that angle. Plus as much as there is a bias towards education amongst the more tolerant doesn't mean that there aren't Homophobes with PhDs. The fact that some people put on the homophobic act because they're in the closet doesn't mean that they all do. What will happen though is that the "exceptions" will use those sort of generalisations against you. Politicians standing up saying "I'm no Redneck" when they do their anti-gay-marriage rant and getting mileage out of that because they were Oxford educated.

Then again I could be wrong, maybe the blunt instrument approach is more effective. i.e. 

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Are you offended by Linus' using of the colloquial term 'no homo'

Might sound like an odd question, but it sparked some controversy earlier.

Maybe my wording was clumsy but I wasn't saying anyone was name calling. I was just making the point that that's how it's perceived and maybe it's more productive to not take that angle. Plus as much as there is a bias towards education amongst the more tolerant doesn't mean that there aren't Homophobes with PhDs. The fact that some people put on the homophobic act because they're in the closet doesn't mean that they all do. What will happen though is that the "exceptions" will use those sort of generalisations against you. Politicians standing up saying "I'm no Redneck" when they do their anti-gay-marriage rant and getting mileage out of that because they were Oxford educated.

Then again I could be wrong, maybe the blunt instrument approach is more effective. i.e. 

That was just a general statement that I made, It was based on factual information. It turns out the more educated someone is, the more likely they are to be less religious, and the less religious someone is the more tolerant someone is to others. In a nutshell. :)

Hail Sithis!

Are you offended by Linus' using of the colloquial term 'no homo'

Might sound like an odd question, but it sparked some controversy earlier.

When I hear guys say No homo, I just hear 'Homo'  not saying wither one is gay but I have encountered a lot of 'straight' guys that turn out to be Bi. just sayin :)

Hail Sithis!

When I hear guys say No homo, I just hear 'Homo'  not saying wither one is gay but I have encountered a lot of 'straight' guys that turn out to be Bi. just sayin :)

I mean, do you get offended that people's usage of the word 'homo' (when not directly acquainted to a homosexual or in offensive nature) for example. "John and I were sitting on his couch watching a movie, no homo, yadayadayada..."

edit: removed that enormous freakin thumbnail, its unsightly as hell in these quotes.

Edited by lukeptba

I mean, do you get offended that people's usage of the word 'homo' (when not directly acquainted to a homosexual or in offensive nature) for example. "John and I were sitting on his couch watching a movie, no homo, yadayadayada..."

edit: removed that enormous freakin thumbnail, its unsightly as hell in these quotes.

No I really don't get offended, because it would be a bit silly to.

Hail Sithis!

the fuck

great English right :)

Hail Sithis!

is born str8 u ch0s 2 b non bi gay religius?

Uummmm Da fuck?

Hail Sithis!