[Newegg] Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 [$69.99] (Ends 5/12)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352031&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=7034161&SID=

The Arc Midi R2 is one of those great cases that I can blindly recommend to someone without much detail about the build and still happen to cover most if not all of their needs. For those who need it, it's $70 for the day.

b78815b3e4e2749509519a172a8b8bab.png

fe2e8fa32412c1f8b9c96104427c94d7.png

Unboxing, Overview, and Review;

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Damn, if only it were the Mini.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I've had too many issues with my Arc Midi R2 to recommend it to anyone

I've had too many issues with my Arc Midi R2 to recommend it to anyone

What kind of issues?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Was just about to post this! Good deal on a very nice case. If I did not have my Phanteks Enthoo Pro, I'd jump all on this deal!

DSC_0012-956x1024.jpg
Edited by WoodenMarker
added spoiler--please don't post such large images without one

What kind of issues?

Hard Drive caused the case to vibrate and rattle, especially the bottom fan filter which is not tightly secured by anything.

The front panel is cheap plastic and amplifies the noise of anything attached to it, which is brilliant considering fans are mounted directly to it.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head, but they're nightmares of issues that aren't easily fixable and they are really bad.

The HDD noise issue is actually quite common, often with issues of the bottom fan filter rattling.

A case with better build quality wouldn't have these issues.

The included fans also aren't very good, and the default setup is dumb with two exhaust one intake.

Hard Drive caused the case to vibrate and rattle, especially the bottom fan filter which is not tightly secured by anything.

The front panel is cheap plastic and amplifies the noise of anything attached to it, which is brilliant considering fans are mounted directly to it.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head, but they're nightmares of issues that aren't easily fixable and they are really bad.

The HDD noise issue is actually quite common, often with issues of the bottom fan filter rattling.

A case with better build quality wouldn't have these issues.

That's more of an issue of the hdd than the case. 

Rubber fan screws or grommets should have been used if fan vibration was an issue. 

That's more of an issue of the hdd than the case. 

Rubber fan screws or grommets should have been used if fan vibration was an issue. 

I have a very common WD Caviar Blue, the HDD issue is common and usually causes the unsecured bottom fan filter to loudly rattle.

Rubber grommets were used, but they don't fit properly on the front panel as they need to be stretched quite dramatically as the mounting holes are much thicker than they were designed for, this causes them to lose much of their anti-vibration quality.

The front panel is simply garbage, and moving objects should never be in direct contact with anything less solid than metal unless you want a TON of noise.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Deal is up again.

b78815b3e4e2749509519a172a8b8bab.png