AMD or Intel (Processors)

Which one makes better processors, AMD or Intel (for gaming)

at the moment intel

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Amd is for budget users, Intel by far

AMD makes weaker cores

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Intel make sense for every high end pc and gaming pc, for a budget editing pc an amd pc makes sense.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Ouch look at them results.

CPU: I5-4440 / MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H / RAM: G.Skill ripjaws 2x4GB / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, 1TB WD HDD / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: Xigmatek Aquila / Monitor: Dell U2414H

Ouch look at them results.

Voted for AMD. Someone has to :P

But anyway, why this topic was created? What's the point of it?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

The votes pretty much summarize what Intel's market share looks like too

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

meh its just oppinion

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

This feels to me like a malformed question. As is the case with many comaprisons like this you can't really say which one is generally "better". Right now I would say that for enthusiasts Intel are really ahead with their stronger IPC and higher real core count (at least on their very expensive CPUs). AMD really aren't offering anything in the expensive enthusiast space (unless you want to go Opteron, which most people wouldn't even consider) and are mostly selling new APUs in the lower end of the market. AMDs APUs are pretty impressive from the time I've spent with them and with talks of new Zen based CPUs I hope for AMD to make a return to the days of the highly competitive Athlon x64.

Without sufficient context I wouldn't like to say which is "better", but since you probably mean for gaming I would suggest Intels IPC beats AMDs enough to warrant extra cost (or a cheaper CPU if you want to go that way).

If price is not an issue, then Intel makes the better processors at this current moment.

But with that being said, I wish that future generations of AMD hardware will perform at a more competitive level than what they are currently.

For future reference a quick search of the forum would have given you the answer.  These threads tend to degrade into a war of misinformation and wishful thinking.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

This thread will only start (yet another) endless mud-slinging match of argumentative trolling and flaming. Thus, this thread is locked. There are plenty of threads like this on the forum already if you want to read the answers.