i7 3770k undervoltaging questions

Few questions

1. I Under-volted my CPU @ stock clock 3.5Ghz 3.9 Turbo got it down to 0.900 stable. however when turbo kicks in it only goes to 3.7? could that be it has to little voltage? (Wanted to see how low i can can go, nice test during this weather to)

2. llc on msi mpower z77 is it digital compensation level?

3. Vdroop - what way around are the percentage is i 100% ithe biggest drop in voltage  or 0% more some website saying its the opposite im confused

The third question doesn't make sense. What were you using to monitor your CPU voltage? 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

What? You said you put your CPU to that point. This is making no sense.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

question 1. - i have done that using manual voltage

3. i havent touched the setting yet

Yes, but what were you using to monitor the CPU voltages? And what is exactly the third question?

I'm ...confused :wacko:

Interested in Business and Technology

vdroop is 100% the highest drop in voltage or is 0% highest, some websites are saying 0% is highest :S

my voltage is 0.900, cpu-z + hw monitor

100% is the highest. And what happens when you stress your CPU with Prime95? Would you mind posting a screenshot of CPU-Z when doing this?

TO answer question 1, standard turbo boost only boosts one core to 3.9 ghz. So one way you could verify if you are still getting that 3.9 boost is to run a prime95 on a single thread and check the core speed that way. For me I reach 3.85 in windows 8 task manager. Another way to check is to use intel turbo boost technology monitor available on their website. it will show you when your cpu is boosting and to what clock

Few questions

1. I Under-volted my CPU @ stock clock 3.5Ghz 3.9 Turbo got it down to 0.900 stable. however when turbo kicks in it only goes to 3.7? could that be it has to little voltage? (Wanted to see how low i can can go, nice test during this weather to)

2. llc on msi mpower z77 is it digital compensation level?

3. Vdroop - what way around are the percentage is i 100% ithe biggest drop in voltage  or 0% more some website saying its the opposite im confused

Regarding question 1, the reason why it goes to only 3.7 is due to that is all that is needed at the time. My 3570k at stock does 3.6ghz for some tasks on turbo and then for some it goes to 3.7ghz from stock 3.4ghz speeds. the voltage won't or shouldn't hamper the multiplier just the temperature.

Regarding question 2, everything sone in your UEFI/BIOS is digital so i am not sure what you are talking about.

Regarding question 3, Vdroop is compensated by your level of LLC that you apply and is only needed if and only if you have Vdroop.

Also why the highlights fro every sentence? 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Its cause the cores run at 3.9,3.9,3.8,and 3.7..Thats why it is telling you 3.7..It also depends on your mobo..Before my last bios update when i was stock on my Sabertooth and 3570k it showed 3,8 turbo..Since update on stock it shows 3.6..

Thats cause the cores on a 3570k are 3.8,3.8,3.7,and 3.6..

Not all cores run at max turbo unless you OC them that way..

The most likely reason why your CPU is operating at that Turbo Boost frequency is because of the way Turbo Boost works.