Please help me choose a good gaming mouse!

Mihai Ilie

Hey guys!

I need some help from you. I want to purchase a gaming mouse but I have a hard time deciding which one should I get.

My options at the moment are:

Logitech G502
Razer Deathadder Chroma
Roccat Kone Pure
Roccat Kone XTD

I have fairly large hands and I think (I am not sure) I have a combination of palm and claw grip.

Here are some photos with me holding my current mouse.

20150509_232710_zps4452kmpq.jpg

20150509_232714_zpsvcqjtmei.jpg

20150509_232724_zpshw5mlbhj.jpg

Please give me some pieces of advice and let me know which one should I pick and why. Also..let me know if you have other better options for a gaming mouse...and also tell me which mouse pad should I get for my new mouse.

I mainly play FPS games (mostly Battlefield 4)

I am waiting for your answers.

Best regards,
Ilie Mihai

Can and will recommend the Logitech g502, great mouse.

Btw I hold my mouse exactly like you :D

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

Out of those options i'd say the g502 because of the superior sensor. Why are your options so limited btw?

Thats MY opinion up there, not the ultimate option.

i recently got the mad catz rat 5 and it really nice. so i strongly recommend it. I know it doesn't in the list you wrote above but it is really good.

Well...they are not limited..those are the ones I thought about so far. Give me more options and I will be glad to check them out. from the photos I posted..what do you think guys..will the g502 fit well in my hand? Also..what nouse pad should I get for my future mouse (i heard that for example the g502 has feet that might peel off on a bad mouse pad)

Well..I was also looking at the rat5 a while ago..but I heard that they tend to break quite fast.

Also..Mecami..do you have the g502? Is it small for your hand? Take in consideration the fact that i have quite big hands. I need a mouse that feets nicely in my hand. As I said I mostly play battlefield 4...so I need a good mouse with a good sensor.

This is my latest video:

I can still do well with my current mouse but the problem is that from time to time I can't get the cross where I want..so that's why I need a freakin amazing mouse.

I know it's hard to conpare them..but do you think the g502 is at least as long as my current mouse?

Well..I was also looking at the rat5 a while ago..but I heard that they tend to break quite fast.

Also..Mecami..do you have the g502? Is it small for your hand? Take in consideration the fact that i have quite big hands. I need a mouse that feets nicely in my hand. As I said I mostly play battlefield 4...so I need a good mouse with a good sensor.

This is my latest video:

I can still do well with my current mouse but the problem is that from time to time I can't get the cross where I want..so that's why I need a freakin amazing mouse.

I know it's hard to conpare them..but do you think the g502 is at least as long as my current mouse?

Yes, the G502 is slightly longer than your current mouse (about .1 inch or 2.5mm)

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Yes, the G502 is slightly longer than your current mouse (about .1 inch or 25mm)

Well that's amazing! this means my grip shouldn't be that different between my current kouse..and the g502, right? Also...what mouse pad should I get in case I gat any of these mice? (I am asking this especially because I heard about the proble with the g502's feet)

Oh damn...a guy told me this and it backed me up a little..

"as you had said before, your grip is a mix between claw and palm. its actually similar to the grip i use on my razer deathadder except that my hands are not as large as yours.

the deathadder is a fairly large mouse and should work fine for that type of grip. the kone would likely work as well.

i have tried out the g502 myself (i would also hesitate to call it the best on the market!) and its really quite a nice mouse but is too narrow (as above) and the scroll wheel is one of those you love it or hate it type of deals (it has hyperscrolling or a really horrible clunky clicky feel you can select between). it did not work for me (i needed a wider mouse and i couldnt deal with the wheel) otherwise its great. i thought the button layouts were perfect though for larger hands it may be an issue.

i'd say the deathadder or similar size/design of mouse would be ideal."

What do you think about this guys?

Check out Mionix Naos 7000 if you want something wider. Or Steelseries Rival for bigger "standard" shape.

i do not kbow what to say about the asus rog gladius.. I was almost convince to get the g502...but the guy who told me it is kind of narrow made me go a step baxkwards. I have large hands..what do you think guys..will it fit my hands well?

Well that's amazing! this means my grip shouldn't be that different between my current kouse..and the g502, right? Also...what mouse pad should I get in case I gat any of these mice? (I am asking this especially because I heard about the proble with the g502's feet)

The SteelSeries QcK is a really neat mousepad. I have had the larger QcK+ for sometime and every optical mouse I tried on it tracked well.

The SteelSeries QcK is a really neat mousepad. I have had the larger QcK+ for sometime and every optical mouse I tried on it tracked well.

From what you know is the g502 unconfortable to use? Especially with the kind of grip I have? A guy told me he had problems with the pinky finger cuz he usually holds it on the mousepad but now he couldn't or something like that. I just checked and I keep my pinky on the down right side of the mouse. Do you this this will be a problem for me aswell? I am kibda concerned...I want a really good mouse..

From what you know is the g502 unconfortable to use? Especially with the kind of grip I have? A guy told me he had problems with the pinky finger cuz he usually holds it on the mousepad but now he couldn't or something like that. I just checked and I keep my pinky on the down right side of the mouse. Do you this this will be a problem for me aswell? I am kibda concerned...I want a really good mouse..

I have the G402, which is very similar aside from how wide it is. I have reasonably small hands with quite long fingers, and they are also a little bit wide (for reference).

I think it fits pretty well, with my only problem being that my thumb is on the DPI button all the time, so I sometimes accidentally press it in game, especially when I use your gripping style. I solved it by disabling the button though. And the G402 has a smoother scroll wheel compared to the G502, but no free-spin mode. It is damn comfortable and I don't think I can go back to any smaller mouse now. For the pinky, should be no issue. The right side is rubberized, so it won't slip.

I have tested with G502 and it suits my claw grip.

Not sure if Ur grip is claw or hybrid. (Seems like it is leaning more to the claw)

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M5 | COOLER MASTER Hyper 212X | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 2600MHz 8GB (4GBx2 kit) | MSI GeForce GTX 970 | FSP Aurum S 600W

Wordpress

It's a shame I can't really test it somewhere..

This video is pretty in depth, he uses a claw palm hybrid (like you) and he prefered the g303.

Thats MY opinion up there, not the ultimate option.

I am still not sure if he prefered it or not..he just said that it works ok for him while for others that use a plam grip it won't work

I would suggest the G502 too :P 

I've had a Deathadder before. The 502 is a lot more comfterble for my hand at least. My pinkie finger kept grazing against the mousepad on the Deathadder.

All the people I've seen that have bought a Roccat mouse, have returned it and went for something different :) 

I think a Roccat Kone XTD would suit you. XfactorGaming uses this mouse and it's a slightly larger mouse and it looks pretty good- he uses a palm grip though. Otherwise the logitech is a good choice

not sure, but aren't there any shops arround that let you hold the mouse to see how it fits in your hand? that's how I always buy my mouses

not sure, but aren't there any shops arround that let you hold the mouse to see how it fits in your hand? that's how I always buy my mouses

Unfortunately not..even though I think this should be happening.