Which TV should I go for?

KurtA

Hi folks, im considering buying a new tv to finally complete my mancave. Basically I have my bed in the middle of the room and 10" away from it is the wall where im gonna wall mount my new purchase.

A couple of questions....which size should I go for? should I buy curved or flat? (i chose samsung for this purchase cause they have discount prices on them atm so 48" flat and curved are almost same price) Im gonna use it for movie watching and also to connect it to my main gaming rig via hdmi and play some games on it. Gonna invest in a ps4 for exclusives in the coming future so 1080p will cut it for me.

Thing is, the tv needs to be wall mounted. Im concerned about curved as their edges stick out and Ive read they need to be really big (over 55") for the viewer to appreciate the curve. Any feedback is appreciated :)

i5 4670k - ASUS GTX770 - ASUS Maximus VI Hero - 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP - Corsair 750W PSU - Corsair 750D - WD 1TB Caviar Black HDD - 256GB Samsung EVO 265

Curved even for one person looks strange.  I have sat in quite a few curved tvs and it just doesn't seem right.  As for gaming in front of a tv I have gamed on 32" and 40" tvs for pc gaming and I love it.  I am not sure I would go much bigger than that if at all for pc gaming.  As for Samsung stay away from the really low end models as they have horrid sound and the picture can be a bit grainy when watching tv.  I wish I knew the name of this model I have.  I got it cheap and thought well Samsung won't do me wrong.  Well this tv not only has horrid sound but it had a damaged picture not after too long.  Now the good news is the flaw is not really noticeable and the other thing is I got $400+ in credit with the store I bought it from because they would not repair it so I basically get a free tv out of the deal in the future. LOL!  So yay for Samsung not fixing it? LOL!  In regards to other brands LG's latest 1080p tvs are absolutely stunning and their smart tv remote is so freaking awesome to use.  If you could find one of those for an extremely good price I would say it is a steal.  I saw them alongside 4K tvs and I was still blown away by these LG 1080p tvs for picture quality.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S