H100i died. Should I replace or custom?

So after a good year or so, my h100i died. Now the question is, should I cheap out and be lazy and just get a h100i GTX or go all out with a custom loop? I never did a custom loop before but I'm sure it wouldn't be to difficult.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Can't you return it still?

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

See if you can return it.

If you got the cash i would go for a custom loop.

If you don't really want to i would just get a new AIO

Can't you return it still?

Not sure. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

If you have spare money for a custom loop, I don't see why not

See if you can return it.

If you got the cash i would go for a custom loop.

If you don't really want to i would just get a new AIO

Well I can probably budget a good $150-200 for a custom loop fairly easily. Is this managable? (cpu only)

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Not sure. I'll see what I can do tomorrow. Well I can probably budget a good $150-200 for a custom loop fairly easily. Is this managable? (cpu only)

Definitely return it if you can.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Not sure. I'll see what I can do tomorrow. Well I can probably budget a good $150-200 for a custom loop fairly easily. Is this managable? (cpu only)

Eh...at that price point, you might as well get another AIO with some fancy Noctua fans....or EK's vardar fans

Eh...at that price point, you might as well get another AIO with some fancy Noctua fans....or EK's vardar fans

Well I have some pretty nice fans already.

I figure it'll be about 60/70$ for a 240mm rad, $20 for pump, $50 for res and bracket, and another $50 for fittings so $190 and then the expense of tubing so roughly $200.

I figure it'll be about 60/70$ for a 240mm rad, $20 for pump, $50 for res and bracket, and another $50 for fittings so $190 and then the expense of tubing so roughly $200.

You didn't include a cpu waterblock in there

$20 for a pump? Most pump tops cost more than that. Pumps are more likely to be around the $90-$120 price bracket depending on if your getting DDC or D5

Hey dude , tbh your case (the 350D) doesn't offer a lot of space so i would go for something like a dual bay res/pump combo. You can get a "custom" WC kit from Performance pc.com for little over 150$. And you can customize it to your color scheme :) http://www.performance-pcs.com/xspc-raystorm-extreme-universal-cpu-watercooling-kit-w-ex240-radiator-750-pump-res.html

Hope it helped!

"You allowed Sub-Zero to escape. Now, you will suffer my wrath."

Hey dude , tbh your case (the 350D) doesn't offer a lot of space so i would go for something like a dual bay res/pump combo. You can get a "custom" WC kit from Performance pc.com for little over 150$. And you can customize it to your color scheme :)http://www.performance-pcs.com/xspc-raystorm-extreme-universal-cpu-watercooling-kit-w-ex240-radiator-750-pump-res.html

Hope it helped!

Thank you! I'm going to RMA the h100i and go from there. If I decide to custom loop I'll go with that.

If you're going to upgrade your system then get a color theme and go for custom, or just cheap out with an AIO.

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

@christianled59 What about a Swiftech H-240X

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

@christianled59 What about a Swiftech H-240X

It wont fit in my system.

It wont fit in my system.

H-220X?

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

H-220X?

No, I have the 240 mm rad mounted at the top of my case and in the 350d there is an irremovable drive bay blocking most of the rads you've shown me. 

Perfect example why people should stay away from AIO's. A year lifespan for something that costs that much is a joke! If you can't afford a custom loop I'd advise just going with a nice Noctua air cooler till you can.

OP- You have a 5 year warranty on your H100i cooler, I would suggest that you take advantage of it and have your cooler replaced via RMA (Corsair.force.com). 

With regards to going custom, I am sure many here will provide you some insight on that matter. Whether you go for it or not, that's totally up to you.. I just don't want you to waste the warranty privilege that came with your H100i  :)

OP- You have a 5 year warranty on your H100i cooler, I would suggest that you take advantage of it and have your cooler replaced via RMA (Corsair.force.com). 

With regards to going custom, I am sure many here will provide you some insight on that matter. Whether you go for it or not, that's totally up to you.. I just don't want you to waste the warranty privilege that came with your H100i  :)

Thank you for a reply! I do in fact plan on taking advantage of the warranty. As of now, I've decided to simply get another AIO cooler. Preferably Corsair as they're one of my favorite brands. I have a question though. Is it possible to RMA this cooler and exchange it for the H100i GTX if I included a price premium to pay the difference?

Perfect example why people should stay away from AIO's. A year lifespan for something that costs that much is a joke! If you can't afford a custom loop I'd advise just going with a nice Noctua air cooler till you can.

I found my receipt and it turns out I only had it for about 5 months. (feels like longer).

I did some research and it seems to be a rare situation. A few reports of pump failure here and there but it seems to have been fixed with the new GTX model. I'm a bit disappointed as I usually go to Corsair for most of my products. However, was the first thing I've purchased from them to fail in the 4 years I've been into PC's.

I found my receipt and it turns out I only had it for about 5 months. (feels like longer).

I did some research and it seems to be a rare situation. A few reports of pump failure here and there but it seems to have been fixed with the new GTX model. I'm a bit disappointed as I usually go to Corsair for most of my products. However, was the first thing I've purchased from them to fail in the 4 years I've been into PC's.

Damn man, that's a short time for it to break. I had an H100 and wasn't impressed in the slightest. My advice if you have the money, get it replaced and then sell the replacement and put that towards a custom loop. I've had my pump running constantly for several years now and absolutely no issues. 

It is a pretty common problem since Jays2cents did a video on custom cooling vs AIO's and he said they are prone to break within the first year. I've seen many people that have had either their pump die, pump grinding, or leaking. If you look on different forums a lot you'll see many posts about it happening. 

So after a good year or so, my h100i died. Now the question is, should I cheap out and be lazy and just get a h100i GTX or go all out with a custom loop? I never did a custom loop before but I'm sure it wouldn't be to difficult.

H100i has a 5 year warranty. Get it replaced!

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."