GT430 going to bottleneck?

Patrik

OK guys, so i've bought this game called Dirt rally which i was really hyped about and could not run it. In system requirements it didn't say anything about needing a dx11 compatible card but now after like 2 weeks they told us that it has to have dx11 support. i'm really pissed but i just NEED to be able to play that game. aaand so i'm ready to give up alot (yes it's alot for me i'm in college) of money for this new gpu and if wikipedia is correct the oldest (cheapest) gpu i can get that has dx11 support is the gt430 (also yes i want an nvidia gpu). So what i was wondering was, which edition of the gt430 should i get because there is so many varieties, and will my system bottleneck (if that's the right term)? basicly is it a bad idea to do this?
My current specs:

GPU: nvidia geforce 8800 gt 512MB
CPU: intel core 2 duo 3ghz E8400
Motherboard: foxconn P35 (idk something crappy)
PSU: Xilence 550W

RAM: 4GB

All of these components are 7 years old and have been running alot, none of these ever broke down and i'm surprised they haven't yet. Also in my dxdiag where it says direct x version is direct x11 but i'm pretty sure my current gpu is only dx10 compatible, not only judging by the web, also by the fact that the game wont launch because it gives me an "error 41" on steam and they say it's because of the dx version. so anyway..which nvidia gpu that wont bottleneck on these specs and is dx11 compatible and is as cheap as possible should i get? I will appreciate all recommendations.

GT430... really? that sounds like a gaming disaster waiting to happen.

i'd suggest -if going nvidia- to go for a GTX750Ti at least, or gaming performance is going to be really, really poor, if the rest of your system will even be able to handle it.

If you need to get an Nvidia GPU get the GTX 750 Ti. Linus did a video on getting cheap garbage GPUs and concluded, as the rest of us already had, that they don't serve a purpose on the market. Sure it's considerably more money but the GTX 750 ti will actually allow you to play every game you own. The GT430 is what we in the putah' biz refer to as "garbage"

HydrOS (Waterworks 3.0) Pictures: // One // Two // Three

i7 5820k @ 4.3GHz (1.165v) // Asus X99-A // 16GB-DDR4 Vengeance 2400 CAS13 // RAID 0 Intel 730 240GB // Nvidia Titan X (+200Core +500Memory) // Swiftech D5 // ASUS ROG SWIFT

OK guys, so i've bought this game called Dirt rally which i was really hyped about and could not run it. In system requirements it didn't say anything about needing a dx11 compatible card but now after like 2 weeks they told us that it has to have dx11 support. i'm really pissed but i just NEED to be able to play that game. aaand so i'm ready to give up alot (yes it's alot for me i'm in college) of money for this new gpu and if wikipedia is correct the oldest (cheapest) gpu i can get that has dx11 support is the gt430 (also yes i want an nvidia gpu). So what i was wondering was, which edition of the gt430 should i get because there is so many varieties, and will my system bottleneck (if that's the right term)? basicly is it a bad idea to do this?

My current specs:

All of these components are 7 years old and have been running alot, none of these ever broke down and i'm surprised they haven't yet. Also in my dxdiag where it says direct x version is direct x11 but i'm pretty sure my current gpu is only dx10 compatible, not only judging by the web, also by the fact that the game wont launch because it gives me an "error 41" on steam and they say it's because of the dx version. so anyway..which nvidia gpu that wont bottleneck on these specs and is dx11 compatible and is as cheap as possible should i get? I will appreciate all recommendations.

750 ti plus if you could upgrade your ram as well. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Heyyo,

Where-abouts in the world are you amigo? Canada? USA? New Zealand? Australia?

The NVIDIA GT 430 should work... but barely.... it'll be faster than your classic 8800GT but not by a crapton.

Are you able to find a GTX 460? It'll perform a lot better than a GT 430. the 30 in the model number essentially means "can watch YouTube and play 2D games fine but 3D will barely run or look really bad while barely running."

Either that? or as others have said the GTX 750ti will be able to decently play Dirt Rally.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

GT series is mid tier so yeah and since it's a 4XX series it's old as feck :)

Get an R9 270 or R9 280 or GTX 970 :)

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

i'd suggest -if going nvidia- to go for a GTX750Ti at least, or gaming performance is going to be really, really poor, if the rest of your system will even be able to handle it.

If you need to get an Nvidia GPU get the GTX 750 Ti. Linus did a video on getting cheap garbage GPUs and concluded, as the rest of us already had, that they don't serve a purpose on the market. Sure it's considerably more money but the GTX 750 ti will actually allow you to play every game you own. The GT430 is what we in the putah' biz refer to as "garbage"

750 ti plus if you could upgrade your ram as well. 

Heyyo,

Where-abouts in the world are you amigo? Canada? USA? New Zealand? Australia?

The NVIDIA GT 430 should work... but barely.... it'll be faster than your classic 8800GT but not by a crapton.

Are you able to find a GTX 460? It'll perform a lot better than a GT 430. the 30 in the model number essentially means "can watch YouTube and play 2D games fine but 3D will barely run or look really bad while barely running."

Either that? or as others have said the GTX 750ti will be able to decently play Dirt Rally.

GT series is mid tier so yeah and since it's a 4XX series it's old as feck :)

Get an R9 270 or R9 280 or GTX 970 :)

thank you all for the quick responses and help. ThE_MarD i'm from slovenia, my country isn't doing well money wise and getting a job (i have a job during college that i do and it pays 3.5€ per hour and i work my as* off. Now back to the topic. Most of you are praising the 750ti but will that even run on my system? and idk it's kinda luxurious for my current money state... :(

thanks you all for the quick responses and help. ThE_MarD i'm from slovenia, my country isn't doing well money wise and getting a job (i have a job during college that i do and it pays 3.5€ per hour and i work my as* off. Now back to the topic. Most of you are praising the 750ti but will that even run on my system? and idk it's kinda luxurious for my current money state... :(

Can you save in anyway? or is it a TIGHT budget? What can you spend and 750ti sounds about as good as you can get unless you save some coin :(

thank you all for the quick responses and help. ThE_MarD i'm from slovenia, my country isn't doing well money wise and getting a job (i have a job during college that i do and it pays 3.5€ per hour and i work my as* off. Now back to the topic. Most of you are praising the 750ti but will that even run on my system? and idk it's kinda luxurious for my current money state... :(

the thing with the 750Ti is that it's the low-end complete pack: its low power usage, mostly quiet, quite fast, and compared to more high end options quite cheap.

Can you save in anyway? or is it a TIGHT budget? What can you spend and 750ti sounds about as good as you can get unless you save some coin :(

the thing with the 750Ti is that it's the low-end complete pack: its low power usage, mostly quiet, quite fast, and compared to more high end options quite cheap.

If that's what it takes to be able to play this (and other new games while i'm at it), then i'm just gonna have to get it but now my other concern is, if my system can even handle such a good card? (well for my specs it's really good)

also i did find this and it's quite cheaper then some other version of the 750ti..don't get that eather: http://www.agt.si/racunalniska-oprema/graficnekartice/asus-gtx-750-ti-ph-2gb.html

the reason behind the rather large price differences between different 780Ti versions is because it kinda turned into a playground for manufacturers to explore the possibilities of such a low power chip, this one specificly only has a small, cheap cooler on it, compared to other manufacturer's larger, some even dual-fan coolers.

Get a Q8400, upgrade RAM to 8GB and get a GTX 750Ti.

Makes NO sense to get a 400 series card in 2015, especially the 430.

There is no way i could afford anything else than the graphics card right now and even that's harsh. all i need to know if anyone knows is, if my system will handle the card or should i just give up.

It can handle it but i'd at least look into getting 8GB RAM in the future, and a quad core as a lot of games take advantage of that.

Socket 775 quadcores cost nothing, i've seen some used ones for €15

ok thank you. yeah i don't know about used pc parts i'm really afraid of those..i'll get the 750ti then :/ this nerdyness is gonna be the death of me :D

Even under LN2 one of those still run like potatoes...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Even under LN2 one of those still run like potatoes...

the 430 or the 750Ti?

the 430 or the 750Ti?

430 of course... Be kind of amusing to see both of those cards on LN2. :P

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

If that's what it takes to be able to play this (and other new games while i'm at it), then i'm just gonna have to get it but now my other concern is, if my system can even handle such a good card? (well for my specs it's really good)

I assume you are running 1080 also you will want a R9 290x to max out at FULL detail.

What is your local currency? And highest regarded local supplier? :)

430 of course... Be kind of amusing to see both of those cards on LN2. :P

430 on LN2, benchmarking a solid 0.6 FPS on furmark.. without the actual fur enabled.

I assume you are running 1080 also you will want a R9 290x to max out at FULL detail.

What is your local currency? And highest regarded local supplier? :)

i have a 20 inch screen so 1650 x 1050, also i don't need and can't afford a card that will give me full detail i just wanna be able to run Dirt rally that's my main goal for now..maybe next year i can save up for a new system but... i'm from Slovenia my currency is € and highest (and know first hand reliable supplier) is http://www.mimovrste.com

i have a 20 inch screen so 1650 x 1050, also i don't need and can't afford a card that will give me full detail i just wanna be able to run Dirt rally that's my main goal for now..maybe next year i can save up for a new system but... i'm from Slovenia my currency is € and highest (and know first hand reliable supplier) is http://www.mimovrste.com

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=4320&game=Dirt%20Rally 

^ Tell me your specs, it's a good generalization :)

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=4320&game=Dirt%20Rally 

^ Tell me your specs, it's a good generalization :)

as i wrote in the first post:

My current specs:

everything is fine and i know the minimum recommended card is better than mine but i could always run other games that said i need a better card than what i do. they didn't write however until 2 weeks after the release that dx11 is needed to run this game so -.-