Is anyone else disappointed by the way cars drive in project cars?

SeanBond

I was just curious because I have been trying it on pro mode because in every game I have ever played I have hated assistance. I love racing game, or just driving cars in games in general. I loved all the forza games and was quite good at them and gran turismo. Forza 4 was the pinnacle of racing games for me, I had dozens of top 1% laptimes with no assists, and beat the entire career on the hardest difficulties while only losing 3 races. Not the gta is a sim by any means but 2 weeks ago I held 18 world record laptimes (doubt I still do) but my point is im not bad at driving in games but everything just feels wrong in project cars, the brakes insta lock. You can't even brake lightly at high speeds without spinning out even though you are not turning, turning corners with any kind of throttle will also have you spin out, of course flooring it around a corner should. And the manual shifting sounds are horrible, the engine does not make realistic noises for shifting and that drives me crazy. Not to mention any turn no matter how small will result in your car sliding if you are going above 50kph. Which is insane.

So am I just reaaaaaly terrible at project cars or did they not really make a true sim for the pro mode? I struggle to even get around a small lap without spinning out. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

i can't say i'm dissapointed with it.

tough with all the trailers and stuff, they kinda build up a sort of simulator feel for the game. tough it is supposed to be more like say the Forza games. a bit easier to control for beginning racers :P (standard assist on, i mean!)

there are tons of options to make it more like a simulator game tough!

also, the game is still really packed with all kinds of bugs and stuff. i think with the coming updates they'll fix a whole lot of it. including the wrong engine sounds and all that. 

remember that dispite all the delays, this is still really just a rushed game!

i can't say i'm dissapointed with it.

tough with all the trailers and stuff, they kinda build up a sort of simulator feel for the game. tough it is supposed to be more like say the Forza games. a bit easier to control for beginning racers :P (standard assist on, i mean!)

there are tons of options to make it more like a simulator game tough!

I instantly put it on pro and I can't seem to understand why everything does not feel right. It's supposed to have all assists off. But it also feels artificially difficult. I can't stand how I can turn very very lightly just to move a few feet over and instead of the car correcting and going straight once the wheel is straight it automatically starts making the car slide, if that makes any sense. I feel penalized for using the wheel, all wheel movement over 50Kph is going to result it sliding and loss of control. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I feel fine with it. 

Obviously i've never driven a car, let alone a prototype or F1 car.

But they do feel like i would expect them to. 

They feel grippy but not up to the point where they stick to the ground like a fly on sh!t.

But they feel nice, realistic. If you push it to far you'll end up in the barrier.

I feel fine with it. 

Obviously i've never driven a car, let alone a prototype or F1 car.

But they do feel like i would expect them to. 

They feel grippy but not up to the point where they stick to the ground like a fly on sh!t.

But they feel nice, realistic. If you push it to far you'll end up in the barrier.

Have you ever played any other racing sims? Personally I have driven very little in my life and never at break neck speeds but it's so far off from my experience of other sims. I drove the mclaren p1 and it felt like I was driving a rav4 with a jet engine attached to it lmao.

I instantly put it on pro and I can't seem to understand why everything does not feel right. It's supposed to have all assists off. But it also feels artificially difficult. I can't stand how I can turn very very lightly just to move a few feet over and instead of the car correcting and going straight once the wheel is straight it automatically starts making the car slide, if that makes any sense. I feel penalized for using the wheel, all wheel movement over 50Kph is going to result it sliding and loss of control. 

i can't say i've experienced this much. tough i havn't played the game a whole lot yet either.

i did have a problem keeping a RUF in a straight line in the rain one time. but i just thought it was my crappy driving skills :P

i've been looking around online after you started this thread and you are definitely not the only one who thinks the handling is just not right. hopefully they'll fix this soon tough!

i can't say i've experienced this much. tough i havn't played the game a whole lot yet either.

i did have a problem keeping a RUF in a straight line in the rain one time. but i just thought it was my crappy driving skills :P

i've been looking around online after you started this thread and you are definitely not the only one who thinks the handling is just not right. hopefully they'll fix this soon tough!

I am hoping so, last time I was so excited for a game was forza 4. That didn't disappoint but im not so sure about this one...

Have you ever played any other racing sims? Personally I have driven very little in my life and never at break neck speeds but it's so far off from my experience of other sims. I drove the mclaren p1 and it felt like I was driving a rav4 with a jet engine attached to it lmao.

I've played asseto Corsa and GT6.

I've played a little bit of IRacing and you really do have to slow down to take corners.

I'm talking about 1st to 2nd gear.

Unless you're driving something like a F1 or Prototype car you wont be taking corners quickly at all.

I'm pretty happy with it, although it varies with people, its simply personal liking. 

I love it, the cars feel great. It's pretty bad with a controller of course (which is what i use)
But frankly how can you have a realistic game that feels realistic with a controller?

If you are using a controller then try my settings.

steering deadzone 0

steering sensitivity 0

throttle deadzone 0

throttle sensitivity 30

brake deadzone 10

brake sensitivity 15

clutch sensitivity 45

speed sensitivity 60

controller filtering sensitivity 40

advanced off

I dominate online with these settings, you really need to be gentle with it and feel the weight of the car.

The fact they have ben collins/ the stig working on the game is great.

If he thinks this is realistic then he must be right...as frankly he has a huge reputation on the line and his entire life is all about driving.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I love it, the cars feel great. It's pretty bad with a controller of course (which is what i use)

But frankly how can you have a realistic game that feels realistic with a controller?

If you are using a controller then try my settings.

steering deadzone 0

steering sensitivity 0

throttle deadzone 0

throttle sensitivity 30

brake deadzone 10

brake sensitivity 15

clutch sensitivity 45

speed sensitivity 60

controller filtering sensitivity 40

advanced off

I dominate online with these settings, you really need to be gentle with it and feel the weight of the car.

The fact they have ben collins/ the stig working on the game is great.

If he thinks this is realistic then he must be right...as frankly he has a huge reputation on the line and his entire life is all about driving.

I will give it a try, I would just buy a racing wheel but I have no space for it. 

I will give it a try, I would just buy a racing wheel but I have no space for it. 

The game feels great with a wheel (i tried a friends)

Getting myself a g27 in July. 

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Make sure your tires are worm too, they should be green in the bottom right corner, If they're blue then you will have serious problems.